How many of you are Jahvid Best fans?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well so is a former packers running back and running back coach: Former Packer hopes for Jahvid Best - JSOnline

Homestly I would love to have Best on the team. His durability doesn't really scare me since he'll only get limited carries and could see time occasionally as slot reciever. However I've been hearing that the lions are just about locking up Best with their second round pick. I really don't want to take him in the first but unless we make magic happen on draft day I don't see any way of getting him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love for us to move up in the second and get him.

That being said, I'd rather move up and get Jerry Huges.

I don't think he's quite like Spiller, but he's awfully close...

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
eh, i wouldnt move up anywhere to pick him, if he falls in the 2nd yeah I wouldnt mind. Seems like a hard runner(for his size) but I don't think he's the next MJD, but i don't think he's as limited as a Reggie bush either. My real question is durability in the NFL. Seems like a Football player though, and i'm not sure how many other Football players there are at RB this year. Maybe i'm bias cause I like big bruiser backs, and i'm not a ryan grant fan.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eh, i wouldnt move up anywhere to pick him, if he in teh 2nd yeah I wouldnt mind. Seems like a hard runner(for hsi size) but I don't think he's the next MJD, but i don't think he's as limited as a Reggie bush either. My real question is durability in the NFL. Seems like a Football player though, and i'm not sure how many other Football players there are at RB this year. Maybe i'm bias cause I like big bruiser backs, and i'm not a ryan grant fan.

The durability concerns are Best's biggest flaw. A lot of people say that he's too frail to be an actual NFL player. Still I'd think that he'll most likely be a situational back like Kevin Faulk from NE. Faulk also had durability issues so NE only kept him in on certain plays. Best imho is also the best recieving back in the draft and he'd only be used to catch passes out of the backfield and on limited running plays.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a fan....But yeah, he'll probably end up as a second string rb, or a kickoff returner..

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The durability concerns are Best's biggest flaw. A lot of people say that he's too frail to be an actual NFL player. Still I'd think that he'll most likely be a situational back like Kevin Faulk from NE. Faulk also had durability issues so NE only kept him in on certain plays. Best imho is also the best recieving back in the draft and he'd only be used to catch passes out of the backfield and on limited running plays.
That is exactly why I would not pick him in the first or even second round. We have other needs and after taking a chance on Justin Harrell.......well.....we know how thats going. To me......a 1st, 2nd or even a third rounder needs to be a guy that has been consistantly on the field while in school....and has had no major surgeries.

Members online

Latest posts