1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

How early should we take another wr??

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by rodell330, Jan 24, 2014.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,162
    Well, actually Boykin had 18 of his 49 (36.7%) receptions over the middle. The only other receiver that had less receptions over the middle (percentage-wise) was James Jones.

2. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +189
    As early as round 2 if and only if Mike Evans freakishly falls to us (he won't) or if Kelvin Benjamin is still available in round 2. And as mentioned, Martavis Bryant would be our guy in round 3 or 4. Also of note, either of these two guys could probably be seamlessly converted to TE with some time in the weight room.

I'm okay with where our WR corps is right now if we don't add any noteworthy pieces, but a size guy would be nice.

3. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +992
    Benjamin will be long gone but Bryant is a realistic option as well. I like his size and speed, he's still a bit raw but as i mentioned earlier the guy is a physicl freak. Reminds me alot of Dez Bryant with his body control and ability to locate the ball. Bryant is about three inches bigger so having him in the red zone would be a great help. He had 3 catches against my Buckeyes and two were touchdowns he caught in the red zone.

4. TCHickman24

TCHickman24 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +79
    I say the earliest we take one should be the 3rd, unless something crazy happens and a guy high on the board falls.

There are a lot of good players on the defensive side that will be there rounds 1-2. This draft is pretty deep. I wouldn't mind trading out of the first round and accumulate as many 2's, 3's, and 4's as possible.

5. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Jesus, you guys and your stats. Answer this simple question, is Boykin a down the field threat? A deep ball threat? If you have stats to say he is, I'm wrong. That's my point though, we need a deep ball receiver to go along with jordy. Like jones was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

6. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
  7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,162
    Boykin was targeted 10 times for more than 20 yards, caught four of those passes (compared to Jones 17 and 7).

So while Boykin doesn't possess blazing speed he is a good route runner with reliable hands, being able to haul in long passes as well.

8. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    I like TJ Jones out of Notre Dame in the 7th round. He is just a gamer.

9. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Four 20 plus yard catches isn't very many at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    And by the way 2 of those 4 were yards after the catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +832
    TJ Jones is not a 7th round projection as I once though...he is up to the 4th round. Still work taking IMO.

12. ClemsonFan

ClemsonFan New Era Packers Fan

Ratings:
    +5
    As a Clemson fan, Martavis Bryant has only 5th round or later talent. His speed is why he is slated to go earlier than he should. He does not have good hands and we should avoid him until the 5th round or later. I've seen him play on TV and I know what I'm talking about.

13. ClemsonFan

ClemsonFan New Era Packers Fan

Ratings:
    +5
    If Sammy Watkins falls to us, we should take him. Here's why:

1) He will be special and has HOF talent.
    2) He is a team player and is not prima donna.
    3) He has what we need in a WR.
    4) He is a once in a lifetime prospect- we should trade up to get him, even sending Jordy Nelson and a draft pick if neccessary. If we pass up on Sammy Watkins, I will be furious.... I have seen him play in college and I've never seen a college football WR as good as him.

14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,162
    Watkins won´t fall to #21 and TT won´t and shouldn´t trade up to get him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    FIFY

• Agree Agree x 1