• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a nice thing to help Brett Favre (if he comes back) get out of this slump would be some good recievers... yes, we got Javone Walker, but Donald Driver? :puke: he's just not that good... so i would suggest replacing Donald Driver with someone else... one of the best recievers in the game (right now), although Moss is already taken... Tyrel Owens is up for grabs. we have a fair amount of cap room, and if we let-off a couple players (like Green)... that would make even more so we could give him... say... 2-5 mill? it would be a very nice contribution to the team, and although he can be a Jack@$$ some of (most of) the times, i still think his talent wold give the rest of the team something to aspire to. what do you think about this? fill in the poll and add a little input

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONON

NO!

San Fran, Baltimore, and the Eagles all used similar rationale when dealing with him...3 strikes and you're out....NO!

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver not that good? In my opinion he's one of the better receivers in the game. Plus, his contract is pretty cap friendly as far as I know, if anything he's underpaid.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe I just read that. First of all, Donald Driver is very, very good. Second of all, there is no way that T.O. would sign for $2-5 million. A guy like him wants more money than any other WR in the league. And that's if the Eagles release him, which hasn't happened and probably won't happen. They would try to trade him before that would cut him. And finally, NO F'ING WAY!!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!
:soapbox:
even if donald driver isn't one of the highest caliber receivers in the NFL, he's a great guy who has done alot for the GB community, & seems to be a real stand-up guy. call me crazy but that counts for alot in my book!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
subin said:
Donald Driver not that good? In my opinion he's one of the better receivers in the game. Plus, his contract is pretty cap friendly as far as I know, if anything he's underpaid.

Yes, Donald is underpaid! Someone please correct me, but I think he signed a 4-5 yr for 11 mil and a ~5 mil sign bonus? Very cheap for someone w/ 2 80+ catch seasons. He had as much of a "right" to throw a stink as JW did last offseason, but thankfully didn't.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
musccy said:
subin said:

Yes, Donald is underpaid! Someone please correct me, but I think he signed a 4-5 yr for 11 mil and a ~5 mil sign bonus? Very cheap for someone w/ 2 80+ catch seasons. He had as much of a "right" to throw a stink as JW did last offseason, but thankfully didn't.

Publicly, Driver has remained low-key about his desire to upgrade his contract, which earned him a $4 million signing bonus in 2002 and calls for him to earn base salaries and roster bonuses worth $1.2 million this year, $1.61 million next year and $2.09 million in 2007. His yearly average based on the length of the five-year deal is $2.2 million.

Source

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is what i can't stand (and understand) about some of you "Packer fans"...

Apparently, you don't care if your team wins or not....

Because invariably, many of you say that this guy or that guy is "not good enough" to be a Packer, as if there is some moral litmus test for a player to don a uniform in Green Bay.....

These are professional football players...if Coaches and GM's don't know how to handle them..or if they get out of line..put a clause the contract that states the Packer organization can rescind their offer under certain circumstances....

Not everyone in life is an easy, tow the line type of person, and sometimes you have to deal with people who may be a little difficult...BUT THERE ARE WAYS OF DEALING WITH THEM....

No--Rickey Williams
No--Terell Owens..

etc..etc..

And then you have the GALL to ***** and complain about Favre's playing when you absolutely refuse to put any weapons around him, and you are happy to have Captain's Mediocrity and Predictability coaching your team for 6 years while the remaining years on Favre's HOF QB career receed into the sunset....(and you put up with your Coach's INCOMPETENCE for so long because he was such a "nice guy"....)

And then to top it all off...you *****, whine, moan, complain, and ATTACK Favre if he so DARES to think about going to another team to finish the remaining few years he has left in the NFL and because he doesn't wan't to be the QB that leads TT's Packer team back to 30 years of obscurity...C'mon....Give the guy a break..people..

it's just not RIGHT!

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
This is what i can't stand (and understand) about some of you "Packer fans"...

Apparently, you don't care if your team wins or not....

Because invariably, many of you say that this guy or that guy is "not good enough" to be a Packer, as if there is some moral litmus test for a player to don a uniform in Green Bay.....

These are professional football players...if Coaches and GM's don't know how to handle them..or if they get out of line..put a clause the contract that states the Packer organization can rescind their offer under certain circumstances....

Not everyone in life is an easy, tow the line type of person, and sometimes you have to deal with people who may be a little difficult...BUT THERE ARE WAYS OF DEALING WITH THEM....

No--Rickey Williams
No--Terell Owens..

etc..etc..

There is a difference between "not being good enough to be a Packer" and being a cancer to the team. I wouldn't want T.O. on my team even if I wasn't a Packer fan. There's no question that he's one of the most talented WR's in the game, but his attitude can bring a team down very quickly. This is a guy that constantly *****ed about a huge contract that he signed only one year before. He went in front of the media and insulted his quarterback, saying that the team would be much better with someone else. T.O. will destroy team chemistry wherever he goes.

You see, we "Packer fans" (We're not real fans if we don't want T.O. on the team? I'm confused. :-? ) do care if the team wins or loses. It would help the team more to stay away from T.O. than to trade for him or sign him. He would burn up a big chunk of cap space and destroy team chemistry. We have good recievers now, I don't see a reason to even talk about signing T.O. Javon Walker showed how talented he is a couple of years ago, and he's going to be back next year. Donald Driver is a great #2 WR. Rod Gardner could be good as well, he just has to play up to his potential. Murphy showed potential before his injury, but he might not come back. TT should draft another WR to add depth, but the guys we have are good.

Bringing in T.O. would be an upgrade on paper, but in reality it would not be a good thing at all.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre comes back I would do all I could do to sign T.O. for a year or two. If Favre doesn't come back don't sign T.O. Brett Favre can control T.O., McNabb could not. A young QB like Rodgers probably could not.

I live in the Philly area and believe me, after the McNabb **** this week, there is alot of talk around here that maybe some of that crap last year was Donovans fault. Even after T.O. was let go the lockerroom was split. T.O. had a birthday party about a month after he was suspended and about 2 dozen eagle players showed up. Half the team stuck by him.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think you can control TO and maybe that is the prombblem with what most teams tried to do is control him. I think if you entertained the possibilty you get him in put a incentive laden contract down. With a disruption clause. Tell him zero tolerance for x y and z and if he f's up you release him. I think TO realizes that at what 30 years old he needs to find a place to sit for about 3 to 4 years and the attitude wont help him accomplish that.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The funny thing about T.O. is that he has never been in trouble in his life. He has always been a good family man and has never been trouble OFF the field. Who knows....maybe he grows up.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shiftysdad said:
i didn't mean to really down Driver to much, but compared to T.O, he looks bad.

is what i meant

TO is a top 5 wideout in the game, a lot of guys look like crap compared to him. Driver is still a 1000 yard wideout though, and with him and Walker (assuming he's healthy) the team doesn't really need much help at receiver. I think resigning a guy like Rod Gardner would be enough.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, 66 - you're right - you're always right - every year except this one, brett favre has had top 5 receivers to throw to & that's why we did so poorly this season. yeah right, that's it!!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
etc..etc..

And then you have the GALL to ***** and complain about Favre's playing when you absolutely refuse to put any weapons around him, and you are happy to have Captain's Mediocrity and Predictability coaching your team for 6 years while the remaining years on Favre's HOF QB career receed into the sunset....(and you put up with your Coach's INCOMPETENCE for so long because he was such a "nice guy"....)

And then to top it all off...you *****, whine, moan, complain, and ATTACK Favre if he so DARES to think about going to another team to finish the remaining few years he has left in the NFL and because he doesn't wan't to be the QB that leads TT's Packer team back to 30 years of obscurity...C'mon....Give the guy a break..people..

it's just not RIGHT!

hahahaha..what the hell are you talkin about man.

you're the thread hijacker of the century dude.