How about Lazard?

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About damn time is what I've been saying.

I still believe we will need a 5'10-6' track star type, i.e. Jennings, Driver, Cobb, etc type of guy

But I think Lazard should be one of the Top 3 starters.

Get rid of Allison already and just go with Lazard and MVS

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About damn time is what I've been saying.

I still believe we will need a 5'10-6' track star type, i.e. Jennings, Driver, Cobb, etc type of guy

But I think Lazard should be one of the Top 3 starters.

Get rid of Allison already and just go with Lazard and MVS
Rodgers is beginning to trust him too, and the guy has good hands. I see him as a good WR4 option but this team has no 2 or 3's. He's reliable and that is big - keep him and roll w it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Geronimo is an excellent depth option for the Packers. He’s not a top 2 option, but he is a valuable depth piece.

I do like what Lazard has brought to the table.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geronimo is an excellent depth option for the Packers. He’s not a top 2 option, but he is a valuable depth piece.

I do like what Lazard has brought to the table.

Geronimo seems like a nice guy, but he's seriously not any good

Would you rather have a guy who doesn't have a high ceiling and isn't that explosive take snaps away from a younger, more athletic, more explosive guy with more upside???

I don't

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Geronimo seems like a nice guy, but he's seriously not any good

Would you rather have a guy who doesn't have a high ceiling and isn't that explosive take snaps away from a younger, more athletic, more explosive guy with more upside???

I don't
You aren’t going to fill the position group with all young studs. GMO has flaws, but he has AR’s trust and he’s not afraid to take big hits. We need a guy like that.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You aren’t going to fill the position group with all young studs. GMO has flaws, but he has AR’s trust and he’s not afraid to take big hits. We need a guy like that.

Geronimo was "blocking" Lazard from more opps earlier this year... It's about damn time they gave Lazard more plays and he's shown what he can do. I believe he's caught 22 or 29 balls thrown his way which is a STELLAR number. So AR is completing about 76% of passes thrown his way.... pretty good.

Obviously you won't have young studs all the time. And i'm glad Geronimo had some catches this game, but he had many many drops the past few weeks...third down drops nonetheless.

MVS probably is just a deep threat it looks like at this point.

But how about Kumerow? How about Grant when/if he plays?

I'd like to see those younger guys get more opps than Geronimo if i'm being transparent

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I wouldn't mind bringing him back. Adams, Lazard, MVS, Gmo with a quality rookie seems like a very dependable group. Ideally you add a guy like Christian Kirk to this offense.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what happens to ESB????

Adams, Lazard, MVS, ESB, some rookie, maybe a FA

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geronimo was "blocking" Lazard from more opps earlier this year... It's about damn time they gave Lazard more plays and he's shown what he can do. I believe he's caught 22 or 29 balls thrown his way which is a STELLAR number. So AR is completing about 76% of passes thrown his way.... pretty good.

Obviously you won't have young studs all the time. And i'm glad Geronimo had some catches this game, but he had many many drops the past few weeks...third down drops nonetheless.

MVS probably is just a deep threat it looks like at this point.

But how about Kumerow? How about Grant when/if he plays?

I'd like to see those younger guys get more opps than Geronimo if i'm being transparent
Lazzard was blocking himself from more snaps earlier this year. He showed it again this game if you were paying attention. Rodgers called him for a quick pass and he completely missed it, he was doing something else. heading up field or something. It was a 3rd down play I think. He was responsible for a few INTS in the preseason too when he was zigging when he should have been zagging. These things are important. People want to know why Rodgers doesn't always throw on time...

MVS too, gave him the hot read look, blitz was coming. I'm sure it meant something. MVS just ran his normal down the field route and the ball went flying out of bounds behind him.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazzard was blocking himself from more snaps earlier this year. He showed it again this game if you were paying attention. Rodgers called him for a quick pass and he completely missed it, he was doing something else. heading up field or something. It was a 3rd down play I think. He was responsible for a few INTS in the preseason too when he was zigging when he should have been zagging. These things are important. People want to know why Rodgers doesn't always throw on time...

MVS too, gave him the hot read look, blitz was coming. I'm sure it meant something. MVS just ran his normal down the field route and the ball went flying out of bounds behind him.

You're talking about the WR screen play with Lazard.

I think my point was/is that Lazard is still young and has a lot of potential upside which is obvious. I'd rather have him keep getting opportunities and reps than someone who we kind of already know what we're getting out of

That's the basis of player development and what makes watching younger players exciting to watch

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is, and he does, but you have to be where you're supposed to be or you're going to cause turnovers. If you can't be trusted to be where you need to be, you're only useful in certain situations.

Gmo isn't a stellar athlete. he drops too many, but just like today, he came back with 2-3 really important catches.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. But someone of Geronimo's athleticism isn't hard to find. Getting open and catching balls, converting 3rd downs, etc is an NFL player's "job".

It's his J-O-B to do that. This is the NFL.

Like I said, he seems like a nice guy and all but players of his athleticism and skillset are not/should not be hard to find in the NFL.

This isn't a shot at Geronimo, but it's more so the level of "expectations" for an NFL player/athlete.

I think settling for someone who can "come back with 2-3 really important catches" is something we should avoid.

This is partially one of those things, I feel, we take for granted having a guy like Aaron Rodgers at QB. Because he can make pretty ordinary, non stellar athletes/players look good.

but that shouldn't be what the Packers or their FO settle for

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it was an important down and Lazzard wasn't there for his WR screen. Gmo was there for his. There's that...

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're definitely right about him being there on his route

But I suppose that's again about execution

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On one play of about 15 yards, Lazard just slid himself right into the open part of the zone for a good throw and catch. I like that a lot. He seems to have a feel for the open area. Actually, they all should have that. They can't just run their route and then stop when they are completely covered.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just might turn into quite a find as an UDFA. He is outplaying MVS and Allison. I hope they make him the #2 WR going forward.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just might turn into quite a find as an UDFA. He is outplaying MVS and Allison. I hope they make him the #2 WR going forward.

To be fair if I'm MVS, I am loving Lazard growing role. Should open up more chances for him to win one on one match ups and the dude can straight burn a ton of DBs.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would prefer Lazard to battle for the #3 spot on the depth chart next season with the Packers adding a quality #2.

To be fair if I'm MVS, I am loving Lazard growing role. Should open up more chances for him to win one on one match ups and the dude can straight burn a ton of DBs.

Unfortunately MVS doesn't seem to be on the same page with the quarterback anymore though.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer Lazard to battle for the #3 spot on the depth chart next season with the Packers adding a quality #2.

Unfortunately MVS doesn't seem to be on the same page with the quarterback anymore though.

I'm with ya there. But right now I hope they put Lazard at #2 until we sign/draft a real threat opposite Adams in 2020.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm with ya there. But right now I hope they put Lazard at #2 until we sign/draft a real threat opposite Adams in 2020.

I agree that Lazard currently presents the best option at #2. Gutekunst needs to change that next offseason though.