Here is why we are better than the last 2 years..really!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tromadz, the problem with the defensive rankings is that they're based only on yards, not points which is clearly a more important statistic for a defense. I don't care how many yards we give up so long as we give up very few points.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Tromadz, the problem with the defensive rankings is that they're based only on yards, not points which is clearly a more important statistic for a defense. I don't care how many yards we give up so long as we give up very few points.

That's so Madden.... :roll:

j/k

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Madden may be an idiot in many respects but his penchant for stating the obvious is actually appropriate in this respect.

yeah, the numbers show that our defense is getting there...but plays like braylon edwards and steve heiden had last sunday show that we're not quite there...one or two mistakes can blow a whole afternoon of effort, and these guys need to realize that and hold themselves accountable

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
TOPackerFan said:
Madden may be an idiot in many respects but his penchant for stating the obvious is actually appropriate in this respect.

yeah, the numbers show that our defense is getting there...but plays like braylon edwards and steve heiden had last sunday show that we're not quite there...one or two mistakes can blow a whole afternoon of effort, and these guys need to realize that and hold themselves accountable

That's probably a key point here: The defense is improving, but inexperience is still showing. That's to be expected though and wouldn't be a problem if our offense wasn't struggling.

The offense is the strength of this team. When we struggle on offense, we are very likely to lose. Therefore we are currently 0-2.

Why is there hope though?
1) Because the offense definitely improved from the 1st to 2nd game. Mistakes killed long drives and lead to the Browns scoring. Fix the penalty/turnover killing mistakes, and we'll be rolling.
2) The defense (as everyone states) has improved. The mistakes due to inexperience should decrease.
3) Plus the defense is playing good enough for us to win, as long as the offense steps up as the strength of the team. This one sounds odd I know, but realize that the offense has carried this team for years now.
4) The Packers have proven that they play best when their backs are against the wall. An 0-2 start is definitely that position.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
1) Because the offense definitely improved from the 1st to 2nd game. Mistakes killed long drives and lead to the Browns scoring. Fix the penalty/turnover killing mistakes, and we'll be rolling.
2) The defense (as everyone states) has improved. The mistakes due to inexperience should decrease.
3) Plus the defense is playing good enough for us to win, as long as the offense steps up as the strength of the team. This one sounds odd I know, but realize that the offense has carried this team for years now.
4) The Packers have proven that they play best when their backs are against the wall. An 0-2 start is definitely that position.

backs against the wall yes...but if we're 0-3 heading into carolina next monday, thats rammed into the wall, probably rammed through the wall...i wanna see some desperation this sunday...get ahead early, run on tampa, set the pace of the game and, perhaps (gasp) force a turnover

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the Packers don't come out of the tunnel pissed off this week and show some physicality...I want EVERYONE in Lambeau to start pelting Sherman with Bratwursts.. :shock: :evil: :twisted:

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
If the Packers don't come out of the tunnel pissed off this week and show some physicality...I want EVERYONE in Lambeau to start pelting Sherman with Bratwursts.. :shock: :evil: :twisted:

Hell.. if this team doesn't come out with major intensity, then everyone deserves to be pelted with Brats, etc!! From Sherman, Rossley, Bates, Favre to the rookies.

There's no excuse for this crappy playing. If this team doesn't play hard, then it's everyone's fault. There's no question that the Packers have a lot to prove right now, and this just showing up attitude won't cut it.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
JavonWalker084 said:
TOPackerFan said:

That's probably a key point here: The defense is improving, but inexperience is still showing. That's to be expected though and wouldn't be a problem if our offense wasn't struggling.

The offense is the strength of this team. When we struggle on offense, we are very likely to lose. Therefore we are currently 0-2.

thats my point. the record sucks, but there is hope, and those numbers are why. if we gave up 300 pass and 120 rush yards a game, there is no silver lining..but in this case there is. javon will figure it out eventually.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

LOL!

Good one, man. :wink:

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts