Heath Sack On Rodgers

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Dallas game again the other night. I remembered from watching it live that Ty Montgomery whiffed on his block on Heath. What took me several replays to realize is that there was more to it. You can just make out that Scandrick was also blitzing from the right side. I believe that Rodgers was lined up in the pistol with Montgomery to his right. Ty saw Scandrick coming and was setting up to take on the blitz, but then saw Heath coming from the blind side and a step or two ahead of Scandrick. Montgomery tried in vain to slide over but missed him. Rodgers was focused on Scandrick and appeared to bring his non-throwing hand up to the ball in order to make the blitz-beater throw but got popped from behind.

I would expect Atlanta to throw some double-corner blitzes out there to see if Ty has cleaned that up, and if Michael can recognize it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I watched the Dallas game again the other night. I remembered from watching it live that Ty Montgomery whiffed on his block on Heath. What took me several replays to realize is that there was more to it. You can just make out that Scandrick was also blitzing from the right side. I believe that Rodgers was lined up in the pistol with Montgomery to his right. Ty saw Scandrick coming and was setting up to take on the blitz, but then saw Heath coming from the blind side and a step or two ahead of Scandrick. Montgomery tried in vain to slide over but missed him. Rodgers was focused on Scandrick and appeared to bring his non-throwing hand up to the ball in order to make the blitz-beater throw but got popped from behind.

I would expect Atlanta to throw some double-corner blitzes out there to see if Ty has cleaned that up, and if Michael can recognize it.
That's going to be a tough one for either of those you RB's to recognize. Need a plan B.

D

Deleted member 6794

Pass protection has been an issue with the running backs over the past few weeks, which isn't surprising as all of them are inexperienced in the Packers system.

The coaching staff might use another tight end or offensive lineman to pick up blitzing defensive backs more often on Sunday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Rip as our RB kind of how we started that Detroit game for a while. Spreading Ty all over the field from the backfield with motion and putting a lot of passing targets out with Rip in to block or run

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rip as our RB kind of how we started that Detroit game for a while. Spreading Ty all over the field from the backfield with motion and putting a lot of passing targets out with Rip in to block or run

Unfortunately Ripkowski has been less than stellar in pass protection at times as well.