He who laughs last laughs Super.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It couldn't have happened to a nicer team. That brawl at the end of the game was a nice touch.

This doesn't makeup for the Packers loss in the NFCC game, but it greatly speeds up the
Healing process.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
It couldn't have happened to a nicer team. That brawl at the end of the game was a nice touch.

This doesn't makeup for the Packers loss in the NFCC game, but it greatly speeds up the
Healing process.

Couldn't say it any better myself.

gemoran4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the way they lost it makes me feel better too. For weeks I've received so many jabs over the packers giving the game away (from my Seahawks friends) when they were leading by double digits. To have the Seahawks gain a double digit lead and give the game away at the end felt really, really good.

I'm still a bit bitter about the NFC championship game, but in general this was about as ideal a remedy in this scenario as I could have hoped for. And to put the cherry on top this will be such a traumatic experience for those Seahawks fans that they won't bug me as much because I won't hesitate to remind them about this game.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pete Carroll deserves to get crucified for his stupid play call at the end where he took the ball out of his best player's hands. Seattle had the game in its grasp and their coach deserves to take most of the blame. Why not give the ball to the beast no way was anybody on NE going to keep him out of the end zone. While the Packers collapse still stings Carroll's massively stupid blunder was sweet to see.

paulska

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things:
1. I think the Patriots are as consistently corrupt as any pro sports organization anywhere. To say that they have perfected a culture of cheating is an understatement, and the cohesion between owner, coach/GM and star player is undeniable. I don't trust any of them farther than I can throw them. They aren't likeable in the least, and there's plenty of reason to doubt that their success is legitimate over time given the wide range of stenches that have wafted from their headquarters for the past dozen years....

2. I think the irony of a team so clearly in love with itself and its "resilience" (which is code for having horseshoes inserted in every orifice of their collective bodies to snatch victory from the obvious maw of defeat against us two week ago) and how they do things the "right" way (despite repeating the very error that handed them their chance to play for the title) cost them what everyone knew was two Lynch runs from a second Lombardi trophy and gave it to a team they have been DYING to slam as cheaters for the past two weeks is delicious beyond measure.

I can't ever recall a team being as thoroughly arrogant as the Seahawks, and it's perfect that they watched their overconfidence kick them in the teeth. The whole thing was punctuated by Bennett's encroachment penalty, which eliminated any hope of a safety, and then the fracas after that where they went Beastmode with head slaps. They can trot out Richard Sherman and his Stanford-esque witticisms all they like- they're smug and self-possessed, and weren't ready to deal with a team who didn't crumble after the miracle catch to set up first and goal and stepped up to capitalize on a playcall that will go down for the ages as the most ill advised choice in football history.

I can't stand Marshawn Lynch, but even I would have called two runs to him. You have a time out left. Smash it once. Time. Smash it twice. The Patriots manged to stone him twice all game. I'm LOVING my odds. I totally loved how Tom Brady REFUSED to say anything when asked by the NFL Network team if he would have audibled out of that pass call to a run in Wilson's shoes. His silence told the only story anyone needed to hear.

It looks BRILLIANT on the Seahawks, and I can't wait to hear Marshawn trot out some punchline every press conference between now and the beginning of next season when he gets asked, over and over, how he felt about not getting the rock at the 1.5 yard line with a title on his shoulders having lead the league in TDs. Cause that's going to last. :)

If Pete Carroll can keep that group from splintering and from tuning him out, then he's a savant, especially with everyone on that roster due to become FA's...

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Gonna sleep easy tonight knowing that Seattle may never again be as close to the team they've had the past 2-3 seasons. They very well may be back next year, but they've got a helluva lot of people to pay money too.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
I loved the look on Shermans face when the Pats intercepted that pass! Don't get me wrong I hate the Pats but that was classic. Made me think "What is a shortened version of Richard? Oh yeah ****!" Karmas a *****!

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Now the Seahawks know what it feels like to have a bad coaching call that cost them the game HAH "Legion of Sore LOSERS"

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay showed they are every bit Seattles equal in the NFC title match ....better actually with a healthy Rodgers. That's the + I take away from our loss. Today Seattle showed what a lot of people already knew. Over rated, arrogant and in my opinion past their pinnacle. As somebody said the brawl at the end with the plethora of cheap shots was a nice touch. Watching the most arrogant coach in America's jaw drop when Wilson threw the pick.... Priceless. Best part was I had just walked in after a great 18 holes on an ocean side course with no idea of the score, first play I saw was "the catch" ....

GBMuskies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To borrow an old quote from Hall of Famer Ron Wolf. "They're a fart in the wind". After the Rams and Cardinals win that division the next four or five years people will be saying, "Remember when Seattle had that good defense for a year or two? They were like the '85 Bears."

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is the happiest man in America tonight as Darrell Bevell just took every bit of attention off the Packers' coaching in the NFC Championship game with one of the all time worst calls by an offensive coordinator.

Fans in Seattle do not want him to get on the plane home. Perhaps Bevell and Slocum can open a business together somewhere.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved every minute of watching a team who doesn't know class, lose. Belichick might be harsh at times, but he's a professional. I don't buy this deflategate garbage either. Respect to a class organization. Congrats to the Pats, they deserved more in the end.

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady surpasses or at least equals Montana as the greatest QB of the Super Bowl era in my book. Makes Favre's vote for him as MVP look pretty savvy as well. I honestly don't understand how the Packers with a healthy Rodgers are behind Seattle as SB favorites for next year.

Members online

Latest posts