He who laughs last laughs Super.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per Peter king - Huge number of Packers’ fans in downtown Phoenix on Friday and Saturday. Maybe more Packer fans than Patriot, just from the eyeball test.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Each big game in the NFC playoffs got redemption from a bitter defeat:

- Lions redemption for blown pass interference call: Cowboys lose on review at Packers
- Cowboys redemption for reversed completion-of-catch call: Packers collapse at Seahawks
- Packers redemption for late-game collapse: Seahawks collapse in Super Bowl
- Seahawks have no redemption until next season at the earliest.

That said, what a great game to watch. That's all that I really wanted to see.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Worst call ever! I could not believe they threw it.

on the surface it looks like the worse all..but if this is the true reasoning, then it is logical why they didnt run it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...roll-explains-rationale-on-illfated-play-call

Carroll saw a front stacked against a power run and a matchup he felt he could exploit with a short route against a rookie corner who had zero career interceptions. And he didn't want to run, get stopped short, burn his final timeout and be boxed into calling a pass on third down.

"You could run on 2nd down, call timeout, have to throw on third and score, or incompletion and have to choose (run or pass) on the final down. That's ball logic, not 2nd guess logic... you never think you'll throw an interception there, just as you don't think you would fumble."

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he just made about 3 yards on the play b4 and it sure looked like there was no way that lynch could be stopped. I did not even consider they would pass it. A lot more bad things can happen when you put the ball in the air and there was plenty of time for them to do what they wanted. Again, I could not believe they threw it.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers gave the NFCC game to the Hawks, the hawks then give the SB to the Pats.

Therefore the Pats owe the Packers a fruit basket.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A truly fitting way to lose. Go Seattle!...no....make that Go Home Seattle!
A well deserved loss for a time that got so many lucky breaks .... and then had the gall to take credit for their good luck ....callng it skill.

Packerinmissouri

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gosh, it felt soooo good seeing the Seahawks fan that I work with today. She was so clearly distraught, much like I was 2 weeks ago when she gave me and my coworker(fellow packer fan) a hard time. He and I simply told her "ya know that saying? What goes around comes around." Felt so good. Definitely took some of the sting out of 2 weeks ago.