Haynesworth Suspension?

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long should Albert Haynesworth be suspended for?

While Dallas center was on the ground, Haynesworth reached down, pulled of the centers helmet and stepped on his head. Center needed 12 stitches.

It is a must see on ESPN.

Reaction score
lol going on a posting blitz kmac? :p

That was sick. Suspend him half the season without pay and fine him. Touchdown celebration etc. is fine because it isn't hurting anyone, but to physically pull that stunt is garbage. That has no place in this game...

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But...he did apologize real nice like :roll:

That was unforgivable - The league should give the guy a hefty hit in the wallet and at least 4 games. Fisher said if the league doesn't do it to his satisfaction he will.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I have to applaud Jeff Fisher on this one. Haynesworhts' action was total bull ****, and he'll pay for it (hopefully).

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of cash and 4 games. That was an assault by any measure...if it occurred on the street, he would be seeing jail.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collingsworth said the same thing - should be assault and they should have handcuffed him right there!

They had tape of Fisher making an apologetic beeline to Parcells at the end of the game and he emphasized it further at his post-game Q&A.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suspended 5 games

The NFL handed down an unprecedented five-game suspension on Monday to Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth for kicking Dallas Cowboys center Andre Gurode in the head.

That length of suspension represents the biggest on-field disciplinary action in league history. Charles Martin held the previous high for a suspension, sitting two games for his bodyslam of Bears quarterback Jim McMahon on Nov. 23, 1986.

"This is an unprecedented suspension. I feel like his actions on the field were also unprecented," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said.

The coach indicated that Haynesworth would not appeal the decision.

"I felt there needed to be some serious action taken from a discipline standpoint, and I think what the league has done now is adequate," he said.

The suspension will cost Haynesworth $190,070 -- $38,014 per game -- which adds up to five-seventeenths of his 2006 base salary of $646,251.

"I think five games, five paychecks is substantial," Fisher said.

The suspension takes effect immediately. Haynesworth can return on Nov. 19 for the Titans' game at Philadelphia.

"There is absolutely no place in the game, or anywhere else, for the inexcusable action that occurred in yesterday's Titans-Cowboys game," commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement.

Haynesworth was contrite after the incident.

"I apologize to Andre," he said Sunday. "What I did was disgusting. It's something that should never happen. I mean, I'm not a dirty player. I don't play dirty. I have respect for the game. What I feel like is I disgraced the game, disgraced my team and disgraced my last name."

Julius Jones had just scored on a 5-yard run, putting Dallas up 20-6 in what wound up as a 45-14 victory. Gurode's helmet came off, and Haynesworth, standing over him, used his right foot to kick Gurode in the head.

The action could potentially cost Haynesworth more than a suspension from the football field. The Nashville, Tenn., police department issued a statement saying it "stands ready to assist [Andre] Gurode in criminally prosecuting [Albert] Haynesworth if Gurode so chooses."

Gurode's cooperation appears key to any charges being filed against Haynesworth.

"In assault situations, an affirmative desire for prosecution and an acknowledgement of cooperation from the victim, in this case Gurode, are preferable before officers and prosecuting attorneys move forward with the development of a case," the statement continued.

Gurode said that he and Haynesworth hadn't been talking or having any exchanges that led to the Titans' player kicking him twice. Gurode received stitches above his forehead and beneath his eye.

"In all my years of football, this has never happened to me. I've never been kicked in the face like this, and I've never seen anybody kick nobody else in the face," Gurode said.

A flag was thrown, and Haynesworth followed an official toward the Titans' sideline, protesting.

Haynesworth pulled off his helmet and slammed it to the ground, prompting another flag. Referee Jerome Boger disqualified Haynesworth, and the player walked off the field after talking briefly with Fisher.

"It's ridiculous to get to that point. Two back-to-back penalties like that, there's no place for it," Fisher said.

Gurode didn't play the rest of the second half.

"This vision was kind of blurry in my left eye," he said. "If it was clear, I would have tried to come back in to play."

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is an article looking at the history of violence.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/foot ... -headlines

"Albert Haynesworth had a reputation for angry outbursts long before he crossed the line of good judgment and common decency in Nashville, Tenn.

In 2003, as a second-year defensive tackle with the Tennessee Titans, he kicked teammate Justin Hartwig in the chest at the conclusion of a practice play.

As a sophomore at the University of Tennessee, he once fought with a teammate in practice, left the field and, according to the Associated Press, returned with a metal pole looking for the player.

But no one could have predicted that Haynesworth, a 6-foot-6, 320-pound behemoth, would stomp a helmet-less opponent in the face with his cleats Sunday, opening a head wound that required 30 stitches and left onlookers aghast.

Or could they?"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts