Have some Backbone Packer Fans

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am bothered by some negative posting here recently. While we will never live in a perfect world and won't be undefeated like the 1929 team, consider:

1) In the last 11 regular season games of 2004 the Packers were 9-2.
(This is when Sherman started calling the plays)

2) In five years in Miami Bates defenses were always in the top 10 in the NFL.

3) In 2003 the Packers set a franchise record with 2558 rushing yards.

4) With the same offense in 2004 the Packers set a franchise record with 4449 passing yards and 6357 total yards.

5) With Miami having it's first losing season since 1988 last year the Packers have the longest consecutive non-losing seasons in the NFL with 13.

6) The Packers have been in the playoffs four consecutive years and the most (10) in the salary cap era since 1993.

7) In 2005 the Packers have the current longest consecutive season streak for Monday Night Football appearances in the NFC at 13 (Denver leads NFL with 14).

8) From 1996-2005 (10 seasons) The Packers will have been on MNF 24 times. That is the most in NFL(Miami + Denver 2nd with 20 times).

9) Brett Favre is 19-11 as a starter on MNF. 11/21/05 is his 32nd MNF game or the equivalent of 2 seasons.

10) In a recent poll of 354 NFL players conducted by Sports Illustrated the Packers were voted the "classiest" organization.

Compare to the Vikings:

In the last 5 regular seasons the Vikings have averaged 7.6 wins (.475 win %) and the Packers have averaged 10.6 wins (.663 win %)

The Packers offense gained more yards than the Vikings in 2004.
The Vikings allowed 46 sacks compared to the Packers 14.
The leading rusher from 04 on the roster in 05 for Vikings is Culpepper with 406 yards.

If your negative now you must not have seen the teams after the Hadl and Del Gaizo trades(74 + 75) crippled the team for years.

Yes we had a rookie GM who was never involved in that side of the business for a few years and overworked our headcoach. Those mistakes have been corrected.

How many people in Cincinatti, Chicago, New Orleans, Arizona, and elsewhere would be happy to have the home playoff games, merchandise sales, and span of success the Packers have had. Enjoy and appreciate the success.

Much of the world lives in poverty while you complain about a bad parking spot for your SUV at the Mall. Some of you need your perspective to change and take pride in your team. Have some backbone!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only really critical poster is steel wheels, who everyone says is "Chase", a notorious whiner. Put him on ignore and enjoy the rest.

steel wheels' poster child

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing to remember...the Packers were a 4-26 from the NFC champ game 2 years back, and that team isn't drastically different from this year's team. Maybe the Packers didn't make a lot of offseason moves this year...but they had a team that, debatably, underachieved last year. So I agree with the optimism in this thread. The core of a good team is sitting in Green Bay right now.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My feelings all along have been the Packers will be better than last year. Basically for the reasons musccy mentioned and I believe the defense will be much improved this year.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JBlood said:
The only really critical poster is steel wheels, who everyone says is "Chase", a notorious whiner. Put him on ignore and enjoy the rest.

OK JBlood, I'm interested in putting him on ignore and move on but am not sure how to do it? Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance and Go Pack!

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
JBlood said:

OK JBlood, I'm interested in putting him on ignore and move on but am not sure how to do it? Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance and Go Pack!

Just go to the top of this page and hit "Ignored Users". Then type in username: Steel Wheels.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Just go to the top of this page and hit "Ignored Users". Then type in "Steel Wheels".

hahaha...that was mighty courteous of you.

-NDpackerfan

on every single post there is an "ignore" button in the top right hand corner. clicking it will basicly make all of that particular poster's comments blank.

i think instead of the actual post it says "This user is being ignored." or something to that effect.

you can also remove users from your ignore list if you think you might have acted in haste.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
JBlood said:

Ignore Tutorial

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of good points California Cheese,

Bates has me excited. I think the defense still needs some talent added in a few spots, but I think Bates will make the defense much better than it was last year.

I think Sherman will be a better coach this year too without having to worry about GM duties anymore.

We lost some players in the off season, but the only one that really concerns me is losing Wahle. Rivera is getting up there in years, and Sharper has been breaking down physically the last couple of years. We were 3-0 last year when Sharper was out with an injury, so I don't think we lost too much when he left.

Hopefully we have a healthy Flanagan to make the running game better too this year.

We got a physically fit and recharged Favre.

I'm excited about the season. I don't know what to expect, but there are a lot of positives to look forward too. Until the Vikings can prove they won't fade, I'm not going to hand them anything. Let's see them earn it if they can.

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am too excited about Bates. Nice to have a hard hitting, would rather grunt that speak kind of Defensive Coach again. Kind of has the tough old guy swagger to him that our dearly departed Fritz Shurmur had.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts