Hasamikun's first ever mock draft

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but if Green Bay is gonna take a WR, I think it has to be return. Now this is predicated on 1( they're gonna take an OT or OL in round one, and 2) what's the point in taking another WR project in rounds 4 or 5. Seems we've been down that road before. And the Packers have had great success finding a WR in round 2 (Adams, Jennings, Nelson).

If they're not gonna do that, then don't take a WR at all. Gluten had his chance last year, and while the jury is still out, he blew it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plz don't draft a QB. Plz don't draft a QB. Plz don't draft a QB. Plz don't draft a QB. Plz don't draft a QB.
I think even Gluten is done reaching for QBs. His starter just had an MVP season. Yikes.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please don't draft a QB. Bring in an UDFA so love has SOME competition.

I’m confused.

Love has competition. It’s Aaron Rodgers. Love has to perform well enough that they feel comfortable moving on from Rodgers. Bringing in a late pick or UDFA isn’t going to change that.

If GB wanted competition for the #2 spot, they would’ve kept Boyle.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would consider bringing in a QB for the veteran minimum and tell him you are as much of a coach and mentor to Love as you are the # 3 QB. Let Rodgers concentrate on winning and not worry about tutoring Love. I am sure there are a couple of guys out there considering retirement who might be up for something like this.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would consider bringing in a QB for the veteran minimum and tell him you are as much of a coach and mentor to Love as you are the # 3 QB. Let Rodgers concentrate on winning and not worry about tutoring Love. I am sure there are a couple of guys out there considering retirement who might be up for something like this.

If they didn’t have a super tight cap, then maybe.

But, they do. Can’t justify paying a 3rd string QB at this point. Rodgers isn’t worrying about tutoring Love. They’re all professionals.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Yeah as really Jordan Love can watch from the best of Rodgers. Like Rodgers did with Favre.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hence why I said "It is more of a crapshoot of finding a bonafide starter"

Arguably if you find 1 eventual starter on Day 3, another solid depth type guy that sees a second contract of some kind you're doing good. That's assuming a 50% failure to stick (four picks common on Day 3).

As mentioned in the thread about day three picks created by you the Packers have had more success than most other teams in the league with late round picks over the past few years.

With that being said, league wide it' ms true that most players selected after the third round don't have a significant impact at the pro level.

Just my opinion, but if Green Bay is gonna take a WR, I think it has to be return. Now this is predicated on 1( they're gonna take an OT or OL in round one, and 2) what's the point in taking another WR project in rounds 4 or 5. Seems we've been down that road before. And the Packers have had great success finding a WR in round 2 (Adams, Jennings, Nelson).

If they're not gonna do that, then don't take a WR at all. Gluten had his chance last year, and while the jury is still out, he blew it.

The Packers' offense would hugely benefit by adding a slot receiver capable of gaining yards after the catch in this year's draft.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As mentioned in the thread about day three picks created by you the Packers have had more success than most other teams in the league with late round picks over the past few years.

With that being said, league wide it' ms true that most players selected after the third round don't have a significant impact at the pro level.

The Packers' offense would hugely benefit by adding a slot receiver capable of gaining yards after the catch in this year's draft.
Agreed. IMO, they've been playing without a true slot receiver for a long time. Yeah maybe they tried to put Lazard or someone else in there, but most of the good receivers not named Adams are too tall and don't have the route running capability. I think the last impactful slot receiver they had was Cobb.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m confused.

Love has competition. It’s Aaron Rodgers. Love has to perform well enough that they feel comfortable moving on from Rodgers. Bringing in a late pick or UDFA isn’t going to change that.

If GB wanted competition for the #2 spot, they would’ve kept Boyle.
Yeah good point. Love is, or should be competing for a starting job. He won't win that competition over Rodgers (IMO), but we should expect to see starter-like qualities from him in TC and in the pre-season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts