Hasamikun's first ever mock draft

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello guys, I usually just read when it comes to mock drafts in this forum but
this year I decided to do one by myself. Just a quick info: I dont watch that much tape,
meaning I am basically blind when it comes to the picks 125+. I obviously still
try to research the players I take, but it might be a bit shaky there. Also I used the
PFF mock draft simulator. I am not sure if the players will be available at their picks,
but we will see.

#29 Teven Jenkins, OT , Oklahoma State

I really love Jenkins as a prospect because he brings so much that you want from a NFL OT.
He mostly played RT at College so it fits perfectly with the need at RT. He has extremely
good hand usage and technique but his best trait is his agressiveness. He simply wants to pancake
dudes all game and I love it. Brett Kollmann called him "Bryan Bulaga with rabies".

#62 Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF

He is a versatile defender but mostly played the slot which Packers really need. Good athleticism,
good tackling and his versatility make him a viable option in zone and man while being a solid
run defender/tackler. He kinda lacks the ball skills but that isnt that big of a problem with me.

#92 Jamin Davis, ILB, Kentucky

He is a really good athlete, long, explosive and really good in coverage. He can be a really good
player for the Packers defense but kind of lacks experience and his decision making isnt
neccessarily the best. His traits are soo good that it is hard to pass on him. Together with Barnes and
Martin, he can bring the ILB position at a level that hasnt existed for quite some time.

#135 Ambry Thomas, CB, Michigan

Opted out in 2020 but showed big flashes prior to that. Physical CB that is better suited in press and man
but can play zone too. He is extremely fast with a 4.37 40 time. He feels like the perfect
depth piece at CB, needs development and experience tho.

#142 Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson

I doubt that Rodgers will be available this late but I dont mind it. He is primarily a slot receiver.
But thanks to his RB-like build and his athleticism, he can be way more than that. He is a guy
you can put in your backfield with all the other versatile players and let them work their magic.
He can be a really fun piece in MLFs offense, if used correctly.

#173 Bobby Brown III, DL, Texas A&M

Big guy for the DL. Kenny Clark needs some big guys beside him and Brown definitly has some potential.
He is a huge guy that thrives at run defending. While he isnt really known for getting sacks or
much production at pass rushing, he can create some havoc when he rushes the passer. Biggest
problem is his motor. It feels like he sometimes gives up the pass rush too fast.

#178 Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina

Another potential weapon for this offense. Smith is a slot WR with good speed and hands.
He is the ideal back-up WR to build up. His concerns lie with his route running, which is ok
but nothing special, and his functional strenght. Both of these things are "easy" to improve,
especially when he can play with someone like Tae.

#214 Javian Hawkins, RB, Louisville

Hawkins is another versatile weapon, that can explode in MLFs offense. Packers lack someone
who can take the Ervin role in this offense and Hawkins is perfect guy for this. He is
really speedy and elusive and therefore can create plays everytime he touches the ball. Perfect
guy for jet motions. His concerns are lack of vision and ball security issues. Not ideal but
its worth a try imo. His upside in this offense is huge.

#220 Tre' McKitty, TE, Georgia

Dynamic and highly athletic TE with good body control, good YAC abilities and a willing blocker in the run game.
He isnt shy to do anything and fits perfectly in this offense. But he has some injury concerns
with his knee. While the Packers are actually pretty loaded at TE this season, I feel McKitty can
be build up for next season. Big Bob is only under contract for this year and could demand
a huge contract, Stern is a big fat question mark due to his injury concerns and his performances
havent been this great when he played.

#256 Carson Green, T, Texas A&M

Just some depth for the OL. Guy with good size for a tackle. Played mostly RT at Texas but
some people project him to be a guard in the NFL. No matter where he is projected to play, he gives some depth
at a position the Packers really need some. Turner could be gone after this season and that would leave
them with Teven Jenkins and Nijman, which isnt enough imo.

When I finished to write this, I saw that Smith and Rodgers are both slots and that may be a bit repetitive.
But I stay with this draft because I think the Packers need WR anyways, because no one is under contract in 2022.
Smith is only a depth or PS guy this season anyways.
I mostly went with speedy and versatile guys for the offense because I think this is where it lacks the most. This would give Rodgers/MLF a really nice choice of weapons to choose from.

DL is a bit weak in this draft so I had trouble getting a guy that fits the bill.

I hope I didnt do that bad with my first public mock draft.
Depending on how the feedback is, I might do another mock with a different simulator.
The boards are really different this year, so the outcomes are fun to compare.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahaha... I used the PFF simulator this afternoon, too. Had a couple of very similar drafts to yours by getting multiple OL's & CB's w/ an ILB and 1 or 2 WR's sprinkled in.

A bit frustrating because it seems PFF values DL's a bit higher and many good ones are gone by R3. Also frustrating because no matter how I drafted my "grades" were either B or C+ on everybody and I could never raise "my score".

I like your position-mix and priorities so I'd be pretty happy if the real draft played out as above.

OP
OP
H

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahaha... I used the PFF simulator this afternoon, too. Had a couple of very similar drafts to yours by getting multiple OL's & CB's w/ an ILB and 1 or 2 WR's sprinkled in.

A bit frustrating because it seems PFF values DL's a bit higher and many good ones are gone by R3. Also frustrating because no matter how I drafted my "grades" were either B or C+ on everybody and I could never raise "my score".

I like your position-mix and priorities so I'd be pretty happy if the real draft played out as above.

Yeah, I feel like you cant grade better than B unless Trevor Lawrence falls into your lap. So I kinda ignore the grades. But overall I like the way they value the positions and players this year. But the contrast to e.g. "The draft network" is ridiculous big.

DL is really hard for me to judge this year, even with other sources. The sweet spot is late 2nd and 3rd round but I always find better players on positions of need.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^If we end up with this draft or at least similar to this, I'd be happy. Great mock btw. Brett Kollmann is an awesome dude and I enjoy his takes. Love Jenkins as a prospect, just hopes he gets to our draft spot. Mock drafts are all fun and games but some folks take it seriously, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Last edited:

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I drafted all QBs and PFF gave me an A+ :roflmao:

Attachments

• allqb.jpg
    allqb.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 152

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like you cant grade better than B unless Trevor Lawrence falls into your lap. So I kinda ignore the grades. But overall I like the way they value the positions and players this year. But the contrast to e.g. "The draft network" is ridiculous big.

DL is really hard for me to judge this year, even with other sources. The sweet spot is late 2nd and 3rd round but I always find better players on positions of need.
Do you think PFF’s grading of players is more realistic than TDN’s?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My latest & best...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If Amari makes it past the second I'll argue till I die that was a failed misstep by the entire league in a massive way. Getting him at the pick you did, that is the steal of the draft without knowing any other pick IMO. I do of course love the whole thing based solely on that pick at that spot.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think PFF’s grading of players is more realistic than TDN’s?
I like Drafttek because they rank players overall & by position while also listing height/weight. I don't know how accurate their rankings are, but don't know if Drafttek or PFF or any other sites' rankings are more accurate than the next. I do a fair amount of mocks using 1st-Pick.com and their rankings are decent, with a few "out there" low rankings, too.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Amari makes it past the second I'll argue till I die that was a failed misstep by the entire league in a massive way. Getting him at the pick you did, that is the steal of the draft without knowing any other pick IMO. I do of course love the whole thing based solely on that pick at that spot.
My problem with these mock sites and rankings is that there's roughly 40 guys who could go in the 1st round, and another 40 guys who could go in the 2nd... some need to drop down.

With the Covid opt-outs and shortened '20 season I think the guys picked between 15-45 are all very similar. Also think 46-75 are grouped pretty tightly, talentwise. I'd be excited for Gute to trade out of #29 and then bundle picks to get 3 guys in the top 75 or possibly 4 in the top 100.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Cool ideas, sir.

Struggle seeing Jamin Davis at #92. He was pretty highly regarded already based on tape, and then he tested off the charts.

4.48 forty, 42" vert, 11" broad at 6'3" 234#.

Seems more likely to go round 1 than round 3 to me.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool ideas, sir.

Struggle seeing Jamin Davis at #92. He was pretty highly regarded already based on tape, and then he tested off the charts.

4.48 forty, 42" vert, 11" broad at 6'3" 234#.

Seems more likely to go round 1 than round 3 to me.

He's a bit of a one year wonder don't think he's a first round pick but yeah he's a solid second rounder.

this year I decided to do one by myself. Just a quick info: I dont watch that much tape,
try to research the players I take, but it might be a bit shaky there. Also I used the
PFF mock draft simulator. I am not sure if the players will be available at their picks,
but we will see.

I really love Jenkins as a prospect because he brings so much that you want from a NFL OT.
He mostly played RT at College so it fits perfectly with the need at RT. He has extremely
good hand usage and technique but his best trait is his agressiveness. He simply wants to pancake
dudes all game and I love it. Brett Kollmann called him "Bryan Bulaga with rabies".

He is a versatile defender but mostly played the slot which Packers really need. Good athleticism,
good tackling and his versatility make him a viable option in zone and man while being a solid
run defender/tackler. He kinda lacks the ball skills but that isnt that big of a problem with me.

He is a really good athlete, long, explosive and really good in coverage. He can be a really good
player for the Packers defense but kind of lacks experience and his decision making isnt
neccessarily the best. His traits are soo good that it is hard to pass on him. Together with Barnes and
Martin, he can bring the ILB position at a level that hasnt existed for quite some time.

Opted out in 2020 but showed big flashes prior to that. Physical CB that is better suited in press and man
but can play zone too. He is extremely fast with a 4.37 40 time. He feels like the perfect

I doubt that Rodgers will be available this late but I dont mind it. He is primarily a slot receiver.
But thanks to his RB-like build and his athleticism, he can be way more than that. He is a guy
you can put in your backfield with all the other versatile players and let them work their magic.

Big guy for the DL. Kenny Clark needs some big guys beside him and Brown definitly has some potential.
He is a huge guy that thrives at run defending. While he isnt really known for getting sacks or
much production at pass rushing, he can create some havoc when he rushes the passer. Biggest
problem is his motor. It feels like he sometimes gives up the pass rush too fast.

Another potential weapon for this offense. Smith is a slot WR with good speed and hands.
He is the ideal back-up WR to build up. His concerns lie with his route running, which is ok
but nothing special, and his functional strenght. Both of these things are "easy" to improve,

Hawkins is another versatile weapon, that can explode in MLFs offense. Packers lack someone
who can take the Ervin role in this offense and Hawkins is perfect guy for this. He is
really speedy and elusive and therefore can create plays everytime he touches the ball. Perfect
guy for jet motions. His concerns are lack of vision and ball security issues. Not ideal but

Dynamic and highly athletic TE with good body control, good YAC abilities and a willing blocker in the run game.
He isnt shy to do anything and fits perfectly in this offense. But he has some injury concerns
with his knee. While the Packers are actually pretty loaded at TE this season, I feel McKitty can
be build up for next season. Big Bob is only under contract for this year and could demand
a huge contract, Stern is a big fat question mark due to his injury concerns and his performances

Just some depth for the OL. Guy with good size for a tackle. Played mostly RT at Texas but
some people project him to be a guard in the NFL. No matter where he is projected to play, he gives some depth
at a position the Packers really need some. Turner could be gone after this season and that would leave

When I finished to write this, I saw that Smith and Rodgers are both slots and that may be a bit repetitive.
But I stay with this draft because I think the Packers need WR anyways, because no one is under contract in 2022.
I mostly went with speedy and versatile guys for the offense because I think this is where it lacks the most. This would give Rodgers/MLF a really nice choice of weapons to choose from.

DL is a bit weak in this draft so I had trouble getting a guy that fits the bill.

Depending on how the feedback is, I might do another mock with a different simulator.

I like basically every player you drafted....as you said post draft I would of grabbed maybe a tammorian terry fsu or josh Imo IL in that shi smith spot

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My problem with these mock sites and rankings is that there's roughly 40 guys who could go in the 1st round, and another 40 guys who could go in the 2nd... some need to drop down.

With the Covid opt-outs and shortened '20 season I think the guys picked between 15-45 are all very similar. Also think 46-75 are grouped pretty tightly, talentwise. I'd be excited for Gute to trade out of #29 and then bundle picks to get 3 guys in the top 75 or possibly 4 in the top 100.
Lol, well that’s exactly like the draft every year. It never falls the way the mocks and the so called draft experts say it will.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly! This will be a crazy draft when we look back in a few years. Covid stunted a lot of players development. There will be an abnormally high number of all pros who went in the middle rounds. Trade back and take more shots would be my MO.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but we will see.

Well done! The only guy I don't like is Brown. Anytime I hear a player takes plays off, he is off my list. You have to love competing and the game itself to suceed

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but we will see.

I like your first round pick. A solid O line is necessary to keep Jones producing. It's too bad what happened to Bakh, but at a minimum they het a fighter in the O trenches, and an aggressive one at that.

After taking a corner in Rd two, I'd flip that for a ?WR, depending on what's on the board. Leave the CB in round 4, especially with King coming bask. And I'm leery of ILBs outside of round one. Martin and Barnes are playing well, so leave an ILB as depth for later rounds. All in all, well thought out draft.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just a fact that beyond round three, it's a bit of a crapshoot.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a fact that beyond round three, it's a bit of a crapshoot.

I think you highly undervalue the scouting departments and reads of prospects drafted on Day 3. It is more of a crapshoot of finding a bonafide starter (arguably OL is an exception), but it is not a blind throw a dart type of process like I think some think it is.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you highly undervalue the scouting departments and reads of prospects drafted on Day 3. It is more of a crapshoot of finding a bonafide starter (arguably OL is an exception), but it is not a blind throw a dart type of process like I think some think it is.
I didn't say it was a blind dart, those are your words. And to clarify, it's a crapshoot getting an impact player or starter after round 3, at least in their rookie year. There are exceptions.. Linsley was a fifth round pick who I think started his first year. Runyan is playing well coming into year two. I have high hopes for Dillon and Josh D. I was just adding a little reality to expectations. Hell, I hope the entire draft class starts!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't say it was a blind dart, those are your words. And to clarify, it's a crapshoot getting an impact player or starter after round 3, at least in their rookie year. There are exceptions.. Linsley was a fifth round pick who I think started his first year. Runyan is playing well coming into year two. I have high hopes for Dillon and Josh D. I was just adding a little reality to expectations. Hell, I hope the entire draft class starts!

Gotcha, never to proud to admit I misread someone's thoughts beyond their words. We concur on it for sure.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yet most players drafted on day three don't have a significant impact in the NFL.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet most players drafted on day three don't have a significant impact in the NFL.

Hence why I said "It is more of a crapshoot of finding a bonafide starter"

Arguably if you find 1 eventual starter on Day 3, another solid depth type guy that sees a second contract of some kind you're doing good. That's assuming a 50% failure to stick (four picks common on Day 3).

Members online

Latest posts