Harris has suit brought against him...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Not good news at all, shouldn't affect his playing time this year, but it is a distraction.

My question is why wait two years to bring a civil suit against him if this happened in 05'? Just doesn't seem right to me, maybe she waited until she could say "former".

link

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A former stripper is suing Green Bay Packers cornerback Al Harris, claiming he sexually assaulted her in a strip club in 2005.

Harris' agent says the allegations are unfounded. Jack Bechta says the city and state investigated the matter and found nothing worth issuing charges, so this "seems like extortion."

Investigators determined that Harris and the woman had ****** contact in a private room at the Cheetah Pompano Beach in April 2005. But, citing inconsistent evidence and conflicting witness statements, prosecutors decided not to pursue charges against Harris.

The lawsuit was filed this week in Broward County Circuit Court, also names the club as a defendant.

The woman is not named in the lawsuit. Her attorney Joseph Nusbaum says she's seeking unspecified damages.

Another version.. USA today...

Packers' Harris a suspect in assault of stripper

FORT LAUDERDALE — Green Bay Packer cornerback Al Harris is the target of an investigation of the ****** assault of a stripper, prosecutors said Thursday. He has not been charged.

The Broward County State Attorney's Office is reviewing the complaint by a dancer at the Cheetah III club in Pompano Beach. The victim wasn't identified.

According to the complaint, the victim danced nude for her attacker in a champagne room on April 17. Then she was ***** as she "told the suspect to stop" and tried to push him away, the complaint said.

"The allegations that are contained in the Broward Sheriff's Office event report are entirely false, these are obviously the creations of someone with a vivid imagination," said attorney Keith Seltzer, who represents Harris. "It's totally, 110% fiction."

Harris isn't named in the complaint, but Broward County State Attorney's Office spokesman Ron Ishoy confirmed Harris is the target of the investigation.

Seltzer said he expects Harris will be vindicated when the state attorney's office completes its investigation. He said he suspects the allegation "is entirely about money."

Harris, a 30-year-old Florida native, denied the allegations to reporters at a mini-camp in April.

An eight-year NFL veteran, Harris has spent the last three years with the Packers. He had one interceptions and 67 tackles last season.

"We've been aware of this investigation for some time and we're going to let the legal system sort itself out before we make any comment," said team spokesman Jeff Blumb.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Such a strange coincidence that this comes about just a few short months after the dude gets a raise................................................ Get it? "a raise"?

aaahhh, I slay me.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looks like extortion charges. no arrest? two year later?

she's an ex stripper who fell on hard times and thinks by getting a couple thousand from al harris she'll be able to start her new life.

doesn't work that way sweetheart. go back to dancing or get another job. i don't think you'll be getting any of al harris' money.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Such a strange coincidence that this comes about just a few short months after the dude gets a raise................................................ Get it? "a raise"?

aaahhh, I slay me.

Cheesey Virus has struck again....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Here is a copy of the filed report... Those are pretty strong accusations in the charges they filed...

Court Docs..

Alshinard.... no way.. I would go by AL too...

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember when this first surfaced and thought there might be trouble, but now 2 years have passed and the DA's office decided there was not enough to file charges so this looks like more of a nuisance suit than anything and I doubt he will be negatively affected.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well you would think this is pretty cut and dry... if she was in the room with a group of men... wouldn't it be pretty clear if he was guilty or not...

More...

A former exotic dancer filed a lawsuit this week alleging that Green Bay Packers cornerback Al Harris sexually assaulted her in a private room of a Pompano Beach strip club in 2005.

Harris' agent labeled the lawsuit an attempt at extortion.

Harris, a Coconut Creek native who got his football start playing at Blanche Ely High, was previously cleared of any criminal wrongdoing in the case.

But the alleged victim, an unidentified 30-year-old woman reportedly from Brazil, is ''seeking justice and truth'' from the ordeal, her attorney said.

''Here is a young woman who has been horrificly harmed by what has happened,'' Boca Raton lawyer Joseph Nusbaum said. ``Nothing can compensate for what she's been through.''

Investigators determined Harris and the dancer had ****** contact at the Cheetah Pompano Beach in the early morning of April 17, 2005. But the State Attorney's Office decided not to prosecute Harris because investigators did not find sufficient credible evidence to charge him.

The dancer told investigators she was entertaining Harris and a group of men he was with in the dimly lit Cheetah Champagne Room. The woman said she performed a ****** act on Harris, and when she finished, he sexually assaulted her. She later told authorities she asked him to stop but he refused.

The lawsuit, which was filed Monday in Broward County and obtained by The Miami Herald, claims the Champagne Room's surveillance cameras were not functioning when the incident happened.

The Cheetah also is named as a defendant in the lawsuit. Attempts to reach Larry Smith, the club's attorney, were unsuccessful Wednesday.

Broward prosecutor Dennis Siegel wrote a close-out memo in December 2005 explaining why his office would not prosecute Harris.

''The victim's credibility has been undermined by her conflicting statements concerning her ****** activities in the club, as well as her admissions of a history of prostitution, including within the club,'' Siegel wrote.

Harris, 32, is a 10-year NFL veteran with a starting role in the Packers defense. He participated in team practice on Wednesday, according to team spokesman Sam Kasan, who declined to comment on the civil lawsuit. Harris also owns a $1.8 million home in Coral Springs, property records show.

Harris' agent, Jack Bechta, described his client as a ''a good father, a good husband and a hard worker.'' Bechta said he thinks the lawsuit's allegations are unfounded.

''I guess everybody has the right to sue, but in this case it just seems like extortion,'' Bechta said. ``This was something that the city and state had investigated very thoroughly, and they found nothing worth a charge.''

Miami Herald staff writer Jennifer Lebovich contributed to this report

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts. Why wait for 2 years, and how fishy is the timing of it, right after Alshinard gets a new deal?

Here's my advice: If you go to the strip clubs, stay outta the private rooms. If you are in a nightclub and some chick won't leave you alone-get your crew together and move the Hell on. Go to different club.

Staff online

Latest posts