Gruden's Raiders HC Contract

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The raiders knew the guy they wanted and came out and got him. Nothing wrong with that if they truly think gruden is their guy.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally fair. Like I said, coaching records aren't the only determining factor in rating the job that coaches do. Also remember McCarthy, just like Gruden with Tampa Bay, inherited quite a mess from Sherman when he was hired.

Gruden did not inherit a mess in Tampa Bay. Please.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember the details back that far, but my first recollection is Gruden stepped into a heck of a situation and a team that had been close

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Gruden did not inherit a mess in Tampa Bay. Please.
Good point, I stand corrected, now that I looked it up :D . I assumed, bad move on my part, that the Bucs fired Dungy and paid a kings ransom for Gruden to fix things. However, you are right, they weren't in THAT bad of shape and Gruden may have provided the final push needed to take what Dungy left behind to win a SuperBowl in 2003.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was specifically replying to

THAT would be even crazier than the part we think we do know.

I don't know the details either......I've never heard of a coach getting a ten-year contract before, so this is all new territory.....

EdH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least we won't have to listen to his incessant babbling on Monday Night Football! YEA for that!!!

Reaction score
My my

add to that, 10 years of more Gruden commercials.. C'mon you know it's coming he's like Jon McEnroe on a good day and the mainstream loves sensationalism

He should be good for about another $50,000,000

Members online

Latest posts