Greatest Packer Player of All time

Which player is the greatest Packer of all time?

• Total voters

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought with Wolfs comments on his opinion of the greatest packer of all time I would get everyone elses opinion on who really is the greatest packer of all time.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw the NFL Network program on the 10 greatest Packers. I agree with Hutson as being no. 1.
A different era, yes. But so versatile and so much more at a level above everyone else at the time.
Two way players saved the team a lot of payroll. As much as I loved the players from the last 60 years I still have to give it to Don Hutson.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Reality check! BART STARR !!! :tup: Five Championships in Seven Years, Two Super Bowl MVP'S, and least we forget

it was Mr.STARR that called the plays in the huddle. The true Field General.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to compare players but I think that Rodgers might still be happy to see Hutson lining up at wideout. He revolutionized his position and played head and shoulders above his peers AND he played defense. If you can't compare him to today's Megatron type receivers, you can make a valid argument that he would be a smoother version of a Wes Welker!

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel it's Don Hutson, and it's an easy call.
No other player on the list dominated in his time to the extent that Hutson did.
It is often said that Hutson changed the game with his receiver play.
While Starr and White are among the best of all time, I don't think either can be said to have ever changed the game.
That's the difference for me.

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the names mentioned here. Can we divide this offense and defense, separately?
Offense-Don Hutson... Easy call. Not even close... To anyone in the NFL... No offense but Wesley Welker couldn't carry his jocksstrap.
Defense-Reggie White... Again, an easy call.

bigblue bay packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our opinion.....no one player could be called the greatest Packer of all time. We have our favorites, which were & are great players. But we have to keep in mind there always were other players on the team to help make any player look great. So is it fair to call any player the greatest Packer of all time when it is a team effort.?????????

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the names mentioned here. Can we divide this offense and defense, separately?
Offense-Don Hutson... Easy call. Not even close... To anyone in the NFL... No offense but Wesley Welker couldn't carry his jocksstrap.
Defense-Reggie White... Again, an easy call.

I don't think Reggie is an easy call. The biggest defensive favorite but his impact as a defender could be very comparable or less than some other greats.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Herb Adderley?

http://pfref.com/tiny/OgigX

Consider, the best Packer team ever was in 1962 (and is in the argument as the best team ever EVER). Arguably the best Packer decade ever was the '60's. A large portion of the success of that era was defense. Adderley can be considered the best guy on that defense. Perhaps the best player, on the better side of the ball, of the most successful era, on perhaps the best team the franchise has seen.

Something to think about anyway.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm staying with the field general as the greatest Packer of all time. Bart Starr.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ivo610, you ask people to state their opinion and then trash Packy for having one? Is it that you cannot tolerate a differing view or do you have to be an unsufferable know-it-all ? Stand back and listen sometime and you might learn something.
Packy, you should be cheered , not lambasted!

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
little early to put rodgers in the ballot list...not saying he isnt a rock star already, but he has had a short career so far and isn't done yet.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo610, you ask people to state their opinion and then trash Packy for having one? Is it that you cannot tolerate a differing view or do you have to be an unsufferable know-it-all ? Stand back and listen sometime and you might learn something.
Packy, you should be cheered , not lambasted!

Clearly not the case, as anyone can see that.

Stop trying to cause problems on this forum or you will end up gone like others who have done so in the past. You're new around here, but you should know that no one appreciates someone who tries to go around stirring up trouble.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
if anyone has an issue with another member take it to *** and include mods in the convo..

Stop cluttering up good talk with silly *** arguments

If any one has issues with this, send me a pm, I will gladly try to explain