Grady fails physical

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wants to get paid like ted washiongton pat william and kevin williams his contract isn't that far off from theirs. The difference age , health , and dependability which grady has none of the above

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Towards the end it said the Packers signed defensive tackle Quintene Newhouse, a 313-pound undrafted tight end out of Northwestern (La.) State.

I wonder what the story is with that guy that he converted from TE to DT? Don't hear that kind of position change very often. Can you imagine seeing a 313 pound TE running down the fied to catch a pass? :D

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If unable to pass physical and play it is

PUP -Several weeks away team with financial consequences I am unsure of.
Injury settlement - Less than season's salary and cannot sign with another team. Cut with money.
CUT - No mo money from Green Bay but possible minimum deal with another team.
Get Healthy - Surgery or something else. If surgery then it will likely be an injury settlement cut.

I have been a big fan of Ted Thompson but I would sure hate to negotiate with him!!

The Packers now have a lot more options than Grady. Grady's wonderful agent can file a grievence with the Union and possible lawsuit. The merits of such action can take considerable time to resolve(Tim Couch)

Grady has debt problems and is becoming a desperate man. Whatever he is paid is attached by a court action on a prior suit.

Desperate men can get crazy. He may explode in the next 60 days.

faninOz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts when I read this was that he knew he was going to fail his physical and that was why he was talking hold-out etc. He wanted to get out of GB without people realising that he hadn't been doing the work he needed to be doing in the off-season.

I am a bit of a cynic I know but that was my immediate thought.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
I wonder what the story is with that guy that he converted from TE to DT? Don't hear that kind of position change very often. Can you imagine seeing a 313 pound TE running down the fied to catch a pass? :D

haha...unless they're talking about high school, thats a pretty funny typo. i read an article that said he came in as a freshman at DT.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He says that his heart in not with the organization. I have a feeling that his heart has bigger issues than that. Have a few more bacon cheese burgers Grady while you sit by the phone that is NOT ringing off of the hook.
:loser:

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And to think back to last season when he was happy to be with the Packers.

Boy, that line "What a difference a year makes" really fits.

Is that 313 lb TE turned DT any good? Sounds like long shot to me.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Why did he fail his physical?

Anybody know?

I think it's his knee...not (necessarily) that he's fat and out of shape.

Phil...like you said, I'm not sure Grady realizes just how low the demand for his services is. Besides, if anyone has a legit complaint, it's Javon, but the Packers didn't budge, and now he shut his yapper and started practicing. It's not going to happen for you either Grady!

Reaction score
As musccy said, he failed his physical because he had surgery on his knees a couple of months ago, and he came to camp not in shape. So they don't want to do anything to make it worse. Or it could be that they are punishing Grady for his stupid comments, and in that case, I completly agree with the punishment. Anyone know if the packers can make him do some janitorial work during non-game days? :twisted:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Anyone know if the packers can make him do some janitorial work during non-game days? :twisted:

I guess that gives new meaning to "getting buffed"

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey,
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

CaliforniaCheez said:
Grady has debt problems and is becoming a desperate man. Whatever he is paid is attached by a court action on a prior suit.

Hadn't heard that before. Whata ya know about it?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe the Pack can sign "this" Grady....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The self righteous group knocks Grady's jock...where does all the hate and sarcasm come from? Let TT and the Packers handle all contact disputes because it's none of the fans business.

Let's see who'se on the roster opening day and that's the team.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
The self righteous group knocks Grady's jock...where does all the hate and sarcasm come from? Let TT and the Packers handle all contact disputes because it's none of the fans business.

Let's see who'se on the roster opening day and that's the team.

I personally hate the Packers in general but this whole whining about "getting paid" thing is wearing thin. The players say that there is no guarantee on their contract and they can be let go with out compensation at any time. Boo f**king hoo! Welcome back to the real world babies. I can be let go also and I don't have a few million dollars in the bank to fall back on either. I also have to work year round and don't have a 6 or 7 month "off season" to sit around and feel sorry for myself. :evil:

Members online

Latest posts