Got your Hall Of Fame Player?

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well have been gone for a week and have been reading up on posts.

I will say this in the current argument over Farve and his status. While it is great to have Brett with the Packers slinging it every which wayt but loose. I am of the school of thought that says you do not need to have a HOF (great) QB's to win championships.

Prime examples are Terry Bradshaw and more recently Tom Brady and Big Ben. While some of you may scoff at the suggestion that Terry Bradshaw and Tom Brady are not great QB's I give you this.

Both Players were and are products of there system. Bradshaw benefitted from a monster D making a big difference when it came to winning games. (Dont care how many points you score if your D cant stop them.)

Brady has also benefited from stout D's that kept games close or within reach for a star kicker to come onto the field.

Bin Ben has benefitted from a system that has not required him to throw much.

To me this shows one thing a good QB is unstopple on a Great Team. A Great QB is mortal on an average team. Look at Brett the last few seasons. eventually the teams deficiencies caught up with the Pack and Brett causing big meltdowns in games and seasons.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The problem with that theory JBShell...

is that with those guys..you're defense has to be perfect for them to win....(look at the BEARS this year..who had no offense..and no QB to bail them out..)

(plus..with FA and injuries...eventually your defense falls apart...look at New England..)

With Favre...he's been winning year after year with absolutely NO DEFENSE.....(and not much offense...especially at receiver..no superstars)

(i think some people here are a little spoiled....)

Think of what FAVRE could have done on ANY of these teams.....

(He would have been better and taken them farther...if you can't figure it out...!)

Reaction score
Jb, your post brought up an interesting point. This is for a different topic I suppose, but Brady and Bradshaw might not have been in the same class as Brett, but the championships they have won have cemented their place in the HOF.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
The problem with that theory JBShell...

is that with those guys..you're defense has to be perfect for them to win....(look at the BEARS this year..who had no offense..and no QB to bail them out..)

(plus..with FA and injuries...eventually your defense falls apart...look at New England..)

With Favre...he's been winning year after year with absolutely NO DEFENSE.....(and not much offense...especially at receiver..no superstars)

(i think some people here are a little spoiled....)

Think of what FAVRE could have done on ANY of these teams.....

(He would have been better and taken them farther...if you can't figure it out...!)

No problem with my theory :roll: . But problem is with you not reading what I said :( . I was speakiong of serviceable QB's on consitant D's) Even Jim Mcmanhon was not great but average witha awesome D.

I never said Kyle Orton was a good qb or even serviceable.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Jb, your post brought up an interesting point. This is for a different topic I suppose, but Brady and Bradshaw might not have been in the same class as Brett, but the championships they have won have cemented their place in the HOF.

Exactly AADP that was my point. I would rather have an awesome team with good players than a mediocre team with one GREAT player. Brady will go into the Hall of Fame on Vinetaris foot. Bradshaw went in with an Iron Curtain. Even Montana had help with Rice and cast. Another HoF 1st selection.

Brett is a one of a kind Player but has not had the tools in the shed with him to go the next step.

Reaction score
I agree Jb, Brett has done an outstanding job with what he was given. He is a rare find, and he is the reason our Offence kept us in games when our D was atrocious. IMHO, Brett has the numbers, but he has the intangibles that you can never measure. The heart, the desire, the drive, the determination, and most importantly the respect of all those that have played with him AND against him. That is very tough to do in the NFL today.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So..what..JB..

Now you're saying Favre ISN"T going to the HOF?

It's much harder to create and KEEP a defense like the '85 Bears...the Ravens or the Bucs...

(Where are these teams now?)

It would be MUCH easier (and smarter) to have a "good defense"....and surround Favre with very good/great receivers...and a coach who knows how to call a game on gameday....

You'd have a much better chance of going all the way...that way!

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
So..what..JB..

It's much harder to create and KEEP a defense like the '85 Bears...the Ravens or the Bucs...

It would be MUCH easier (and smarter) to have a "good defense"....and surround Favre with very good/great receivers...and a coach who knows how to call a game on gameday....

Did I say that???? Not going to the Hall of Fame??? No I dont believe I even came remotely close to that. what I did say that no matter how great Favre is it dont mean squat without the D to back him up. Hall of Famers are more often than not products of the team around them than any individual effort.

There are exceptions but not many especially at the QB slot.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
P@ck66 said:
So..what..JB..

Did I say that???? Not going to the Hall of Fame??? No I dont believe I even came remotely close to that.

Try and chillax, JB. I have noticed the last month or so, some people here don't exactly...grasp certain concepts well. They can read fine, but the message that is sent to the brain...isn't what the words you wrote said. It happens a lot when Favre is mentioned.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
JbShell said:
P@ck66 said:
So..what..JB..

Did I say that???? Not going to the Hall of Fame??? No I dont believe I even came remotely close to that.

Try and chillax, JB. I have noticed the last month or so, some people here don't exactly...grasp certain concepts well. They can read fine, but the message that is sent to the brain...isn't what the words you wrote said. It happens a lot when Favre is mentioned.

Shouldn't this be edited.....based on the new enforcement tactics?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
gopackgo4 said:
"you cant lose if they dont score"- Vine Lombardi

and....."you can't win if YOU don't score"

If your defense shuts them out and gets a safety you win without your team 'scoring'.

A safety is a score. Can't the same thing be said both ways?

YOU I figured implied Offense seeing as you are not the one scoring the points in a Safety it's the opponents offense surrending the points to your score board.

Depends on how you view it though.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Exactly AADP that was my point. I would rather have an awesome team with good players than a mediocre team with one GREAT player. Brady will go into the Hall of Fame on Vinetaris foot. Bradshaw went in with an Iron Curtain. Even Montana had help with Rice and cast. Another HoF 1st selection.

Brett is a one of a kind Player but has not had the tools in the shed with him to go the next step.

What is the next step...???

I assumed by the way you put it here you meant the "HOF"..???

(and I don't need mentally challenged tools like TT-romadz to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong....)

If there's one guy who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about...tries to stir up other posters...and always "gets things wrong"...it's that friggin' guy...! :evil: :evil: :evil:

(Now my avatar isn't even working...!! Has it been censured for not being politically correct...??? LOL)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who is Defesne...??

Is he a new coach..? player??

Knute Defesne...???

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Who is Defesne...??

Is he a new coach..? player??

Knute Defesne...???

Not a coach, not a player. Defense. It was a spelling error. Nothing more, nothing less.

The definition pertaining to the sentance would be ... the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring.

Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Hey Zero..

What happened to my avatar..??

We have a tendency to edit personal attacks and name calling. That is why your avatar had to go. I mean it was obvious what TT was going to do. And he was pointing using his finger, which is always a no-no. :p

In all seriousness, I think if you were using a website link, then perhaps that link has broken down or is unavailable.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
(and I don't need mentally challenged tools like TT-romadz to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong....)

If there's one guy who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about...tries to stir up other posters...and always "gets things wrong"...it's that friggin' guy...! :evil: :evil: :evil:

yep, cuz I am the one who thinks T.O. in Green Bay is a good idea and that when 'TT is forgetting one important thing'...it's a WR, and NOT a guard(or even CB). Oh wait, no it wasn't me. :D Who was that guy? :rotflmao:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hmmm..

Haven't seen many guard signings either...

What's up with that..???

Members online

Latest posts