Goodbye Jamaal Williams!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could have kept Williams with the $6 mil they're giving to King.

Could have saved Kirksey too...but....then we still are no better...this money wasn't spent on the wrong position, but IMO the wrong guy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad take. Then they'd still need a cb and putting way too much money into rb.
I see your point, but I think the Lions only paid Williams $7 mil for 2 years (there may be other incentives).

A few advantages to keeping King is that it allows GB to draft and develop a CB with something other than a #1 pick (maybe 2nd or 3rd round). That's important because, IMO, they should be addressing OL with the first pick (Linsley gone and Bakh likely out until November).

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
could have kept Lindsay too
I'm not so sure about Linsley. They had to make a decision between keeping Jones or Linsley and they opted for Jones. I think that was the right move. They can probably find a solid OL at #29 to keep Rodgers' protection intact.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutey wants to keep the band together for another ride. I get it. He's gonna bolster the team with 10 draft picks (my guess is less, because of trades at the draft, but who knows) to compete with the starters. Make the rookies earn their spot. Kinda like what they are doing with Gary. He's got his core and he's doubling down. We'll see how it goes. I don't expect any other moves until the draft. Obviously, the defense needs more tinkering, but that's why Barry was hired. ILB or OT early is my guess depending on who falls. If MVS continues next season like how he ended this past one, he's the WR2.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about Linsley. They had to make a decision between keeping Jones or Linsley and they opted for Jones. I think that was the right move. They can probably find a solid OL at #29 to keep Rodgers' protection intact.

They cleared up 8 million to resign King. they spent 6 million cat money on King and 2.35 on the other burnt piece of toast Sullivan.Linsley is counting 6.6 million against the cap. They kept Lowry among others and they're still ****ing around with Rogders.

Reaction score
Exactly my point. He is being called out for being a poor receiver based on 2 off-target passes that he caught.
Wait wait.. wait hold on hold on... protective Poppa :p
I’m not “calling him out”. I’m merely saying he needs more work in those areas. You likely didn’t know I’ve actually recently complimented him in other threads saying he’s got good hands (albeit limited looks both in college and the pros) So that comment was not a slight on him as much as it was confidence in him to get more involved.
Notice, I never once said he’s a “poor receiver” or anything of the sort. What I meant is I’d like to see Dillon play a bigger role in both areas, which should happen by default now that Jamaal bounced.
I appreciate you coming to his Defense though that’s noble.

Last edited:
Reaction score
could have kept Lindsay too
Yeah. Guess GB was looking at the budget and it was likely either choosing between Jones or Linsley but not both. The only chance Jamaal had was our #2 afterthought in the event Jones left for another team. They obviously liked Jones impact for a slightly less financial risk.

Also, it’s my opinion J Hanson is being either underestimated or forgotten, understandably because of how well Corey played in his contract year. But Hanson was Justin Herbert’s right hand man and the anchor of PFF’s #1 rated College OL. Had Jake not had concerns about adding strength to his 6’4.5”frame and working direct snap, some sources had Hanson as a day 2 selection and top 5 Center. Hanson had the benefit of essentially Redshirting and learning the nuances with a full offseason until he was placed on IR.
At just $660,000.. this might have been one of our best value signings from 2020. If he pans out to 90% +of Linsley, this is an absolute steal. We’re about to recoup several 2020 drafted players and get them on the field.
I suspect we will also similarly see a good #3 RB prospect to fill the void left by Jamaal. Round 4-5?

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Guess GB was looking at the budget and it was likely either choosing between Jones or Linsley but not both. The only chance Jamaal had was our #2 afterthought in the event Jones left for another team. They obviously liked Jones impact for a slightly less financial risk.

Also, it’s my opinion J Hanson is being either underestimated or forgotten, understandably because of how well Corey played in his contract year. But Hanson was Justin Herbert’s right hand man and the anchor of PFF’s #1 rated College OL. Had Jake not had concerns about adding strength to his 6’4.5”frame and working direct snap, some sources had Hanson as a day 2 selection and top 5 Center. Hanson had the benefit of essentially Redshirting and learning the nuances with a full offseason until he was placed on IR.
At just $660,000.. this might have been one of our best value signings from 2020. If he pans out to 90% +of Linsley, this is an absolute steal. We’re about to recoup several 2020 drafted players and get them on the field.
I suspect we will also similarly see a good #3 RB prospect to fill the void left by Jamaal. Round 4-5?

Couldn't agree more. I think we'll add a tackle in the draft, but in Runyon, Stepaniak, and Hanson, the short and long-term answers to the o line may already be on the roster.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. I think we'll add a tackle in the draft, but in Runyon, Stepaniak, and Hanson, the short and long-term answers to the o line may already be on the roster.
They drafted all those olineman for a reason. one or 2 is going to have to step in and be what they thought.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They drafted all those olineman for a reason. one or 2 is going to have to step in and be what they thought.
Looks like at least Runyon has starter potential. He played surprisingly well last year for a rookie. I expect big things from him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts