Good Luck from Ravens Country

jcat3022

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, Congrats on making it to the Superbowl. The Green Bay organization is first class and your team battled thru injuries this year & has earned its shot at the Lombardi Trophy. Driving on I-95 in Baltimore this morning I saw a sign that read Go-Pack-Go! Just tells you how much hatred their is for the Steelers in Charm City.

As far as the game goes, I really like how the Packers match up w/ the Steelers. In particular I like how your secondary matches w/ the Steelers receivers & how your blitz packages will create pressure. The Steelers WR's are an average group at best, but if you take away the deep threat of Wallace, they are not that potent. Your corners have a clear advantage and you w/ a little bit of pressure they should be able to jump some routes.

Personally I cannot wait to watch Clay Mathews chase Big Jen around the field. Mathews should have his way w/ the Steelers o-line. Terrell Suggs absolutely ate up and spit out the Steelers bookend tackles this year. He dominated all three games at times and I would look for Mathews to do the same. The Steelers o-line is a rag-tag group at this point. W/O Pouncey (who IMHO was their best lineman all year), they are suspect.

As far as offense goes. The Steelers are very vulnerable in their secondary. Take away Polamalu and they are a below average group. He covers lots of ground back there though(not that you didn't know that). But if Rodgers connects on some slants and they are able to throw a few screens here and there, it will really loosen things up. Forget about running to the outside, it just ain't happening against the Steelers. Their LB's and ends are extremely fast and cover some serious ground.

I don't mean to completely minimize the Steelers & their 12-4 record. They are a good football team & Ben is a darn good QB. The X factor in the game will w/o a doubt be the play of both QB's. Ben struggles w/ pressure. He holds onto the ball for what seems like an eternity. But for every great play he extends, there are just as many sacks he takes.

my prediction-
Packers 24
Squeelers 13

Again, best of luck.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like hearing all this from anti-Steeler fans. From what I'm hearing from different teams fans (Bears and Viking fans excluded) we have a lot of support.