Good article on TT

Royston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob Fox said:
But the offense has become stagnant and the play calling doesn't make sense at times. For instance, the Packers will be driving on a team with a lot of success with the run. Then, instead of running a play-action pass to freeze the linebackers and safeties, the coaches will call for an empty backfield to take the threat of the run away. Why? How many times have the Packers run the infamous shovel pass inside the other team's 20 yard line? A lot. Rossley had a good run in Green Bay, but he never developed a real chemistry with Favre and the play calling is predictable. I know he is a close friend of Sherman's, but the time has come for a change.

Someone else has noticed !!!

Not going to go over big with the Sherman cheerleaders.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been saying this for years now. That is the most honest and accurate overview of the Packers, particularly the coaching staff, that I have read in some time. Bravo.....a literal template for the offseason.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of that is spot on, but I don't get the obsesssion with Mooch and I think it's a moot point anyway. If you could collect $5 million a year to fish and play golf would you take a job for less than $1 million which requires 80-100 hour work weeks? I sure wouldn't, at least not for a year.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey TO I think Mooch wants to get back to head coaching and a way to do it would be to cool down on a oc spot for a year and get successful again

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers hire Mooch does that let Detroit off the hook for what they owe him? Can he take a coaching job and still collect from the Lions?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Mooch would be a good move because he was successful with S.F. and he had a good rapport with Favre when he was here...(He was really hamstrung with the Lions, and Millen, and Harrington..)

HEy..did anyone here go to the "Millen-Man March?

I could see him lighting a little fire under Favre and actually "coaching" him saying.."Hey..don't forget to watch out for this...and look for that...and if they do this..do the other thing we talked about earlier in the week..", and stuff of that nature...

When I heard Sherman say this week that he didn't know how Favre was feeling about the loss in Baltimore because he didn't speak to him until Wednesday...that kind of spoke volumes to me...

Favre is on an island....He needs somebody who is involved personally with him....

The problem with this scenario is if Sherman can dump his "loyalty" to his pet hump Rossley...and go with such a move as Mooch at OC...

My bet is that he can't....

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see Mooch as OC, but do not understand some people's fascination with him as a potential HC candidate. Favre has been "uncoached" for 5 years and the results speak for themselves. Sherman's greatest mistake was tolerating Favre's increasing inconsistency and bad decision making because of the one or two plays he made per game that bailed this team out. Bad habits have resurfaced and become the norm.

Mooch could make it fun for Favre immediately, but he would also demand a lot more than has been demanded of #4 for some time.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
If the Packers hire Mooch does that let Detroit off the hook for what they owe him? Can he take a coaching job and still collect from the Lions?

I think it lets them of the hook for whatever salary his new team pays i.e. if he gets $1 million from the Pack, he still gets $4 million from the Lions. Of course, he gets $5 million if he does nothing, so it's a pretty tough call unless he has some sort of burning desire to get back into coaching or to reuinte with Favre.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sold that Mooch would turn Favre around. Back in the day, all of the assistants made excuses for Favre to avoid the wrath of Holmgren. HE was the one that would get on Favre for mistakes. Guys like Mooch and Andy Reid just tried to take some of the blame when Favre made a mistake.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the relationship and respect exists between Favre and Mooch that would make it work. Mooch was the "good cop" to Holmgren's "bad cop", but the fact remains that it was Mooch that coached up Favre to his greatest success.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts