Good article about the new linebackers (Hawk and Hodge)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did you ever see that picture of the dude who was doing the IronMan and instead of stopping to take a dump (because you can't stop!) he just **** while he was cycling? that was one of those 'oh it's so gross but i can't stop looking at it' situations.

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
GakkofNorway said:
lol, why aren't the mods deleting these non-sense posts?

When they get deleted, we get hammered. Plus is negates freedom of speech. Let's just try to get the thread geared more towards the topic and worry less about the non sense posts :)

i wish they would.

there's no such thing as free speech on an internet message board... your "patrons" will lead you to believe that, but ive ran some large sites (front office football central and maddenplanet) and know that the site is not public domain. it's private owner and the terms can be set by the owner or the powers that be and they need to be adhered to... facist or not.

you already censor our language, why not moronic posts. one is clearly more detrimental and annoying than the other.

not that i really care, i like showcasing holes in 66s arguments. people getting turned off by that, sorry, it's what makes the internet so fun imo. complete harmony is for your family time. :D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
Zero2Cool said:
GakkofNorway said:

When they get deleted, we get hammered. Plus is negates freedom of speech. Let's just try to get the thread geared more towards the topic and worry less about the non sense posts :)

i wish they would.

there's no such thing as free speech on an internet message board... your "patrons" will lead you to believe that, but ive ran some large sites (front office football central and maddenplanet) and know that the site is not public domain. it's private owner and the terms can be set by the owner or the powers that be and they need to be adhered to... facist or not.

you already censor our language, why not moronic posts. one is clearly more detrimental and annoying than the other.

not that i really care, i like showcasing holes in 66s arguments. people getting turned off by that, sorry, it's what makes the internet so fun imo. complete harmony is for your family time. :D

Good points tony!

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice read.

I see Hawk doing well but I think Hodge will have a slow start in his rookie season.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tonytokes said:
Zero2Cool said:
GakkofNorway said:

i wish they would.

Could you talk to Ryan please? Maybe hearing it from someone else will trigger something :)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the thing I like about Hodge is that he is a football player. Isn't the biggest or fastest guy but has the instincts to get where he needs to be when he needs to be there. I hear he's a really bright guy.

At linebacker that's invaluable over a more talented player that takes a split second longer to see what he needs to do.

How fast they can READ and REACT is far more important than one guy that can run a 4.6 or another that runs 4.75 if the faster guys late making a read.

All this above could also be said for Hawk but he is also a great athlete on top of it so I believe we are very fortunate to have both these guys.

Many have said Hawk was the No. 1 player out of the draft in terms of making the fastest transition to the pro game. That's good news for us.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love that term hawk......"football player".....both these guys fit the bill. I've said it many times.....too many GM's outthink thmselves and draft "workout wonders" or "physical specimens" like, Mandarich, Bosworth and I'm afraid this season Mario Williams and Vernon Davis. Choose the "football player" over the athlete every time and you'll be pretty successful.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Love that term hawk......"football player".....both these guys fit the bill. I've said it many times.....too many GM's outthink thmselves and draft "workout wonders" or "physical specimens" like, Mandarich, Bosworth and I'm afraid this season Mario Williams and Vernon Davis. Choose the "football player" over the athlete every time and you'll be pretty successful.

I'm fairly confident that TT would have grabbed Williams over Hawk if he was still on the board, and I wouldn't have been upset. Hawk's could be a great player for a long time and I'm happy that we got him, but TT was very high on Williams coming into the draft.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. We didn't get Super Mario though, and thats fine. What we did get, is our LBs of the future (Hodge\Hawk\Barnett).

Hopefully that works out like it should. I dont think Hawk will be a bust, although he certainly could...I just dont see it happening, not from what Ive seen\read(mostly read).

Our defense is going to be nasty.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk is going to be great for us. The biggest game of his life vs Texas and he responds with the best game of his career. that's what you want to see. Guys that can step up in big games and in big situations.

And it doesn't intimidate him at all. You can tell he loves it.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An excellent article. Too bad most of the thread is garbage.

I've been saying all along that we need playmakers at linebacker, and I am very happy that we have A.J. Hawk. It has been way too long since we've had a great playmaker at linebacker, and Hawk has a good chance of being that guy.

Members online

Latest posts