Going to first training camp, any advice?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So my gf and I, both huge packer fans are going to our first training camp. We are leaving from central Illinois Friday afternoon to attend the Saturday morning practice. Also are going to go to the stadium for the tour, pro shop and hall of fame. She hasn't been for a long time, since prior to the renovations. I have been to games the last 3 years in a row, but have never been to a training camp practice...

Do you guys/gals have any advice while we are there?

Thanks!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
if you want a seat in the bleachers get there EARLY

But around the fence on both ends you can still see okay

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Soak it all in! It's a great experience. Take as many pictures as possible, and try hard to get some autographs!

I would advise against trying hard to get autographs (depending on how you want to be perceived.) For kids, that's great. For adults, it's another thing. Makes you look childish. I always cringe when I see adults trying to muscle their way to get autographs when the players want nothing more than to hit the showers. Better to leave it to the kids.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longtime, man u weren't kidding about needing to get there EARLY... We got there about 45 min early and still got one of the LAST pair of seats in the bleachers. Then once practice started, they would usher ppl in whenever a group would leave. Not an empty seat in the place, and the fence was lined to the brim on both sides too.

Practice was cool, I think a "shells" practice would be incredibly boring to watch though personally. Pads was cool, getting to see them hit each other. Donald Driver sure loves interacting with the fans!! He's fun to watch. Funny too.

Didn't try for any autographs.

Stadium tour was cool for her, I have been 4 times now, but this was the first time seeing the new expansion. The South endzone looks HUGE now!

Can't wait to go back on the 9th to watch the first home game!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts