1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

GM not changing his plan of attack

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That tight end from San Francisco, Eric Johnson, sounds intriguing. Eighty-two catches and 825 yards in one season. I don't know if Bubba had that many catches and yards in his best two seasons combined. And McCarthy coached Johnson.

I didn't realize that Daniel Graham is considered to be a block-first tight end. This makes him sound less appealing. Still, anybody looks better than Bubba right now.

Stallworth and maybe Kevin Curtis are interesting possibilities at wide receiver.

3. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    "I don't believe in having "play-makers" on offense...."
    Ted Thompson.

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

I was hard on Bubba, **** that sounds freakin nasty, anyhow I was ... I ripped him a new, ok jfc theres no way to say this. I criticized Bubba big time, but the more I put thought into it I feel like he was shafted by the staff. (ok ok so Mike McCarthy said something to that effect but thats what got me thinking) Bubba is an excellent blocking TE an we had him help babysit the OL this season. I think the more we use Bubba the better he will get. Kind of like Ahman Green. He fumbles often early in the year, but the more carries you give him, the better he is.

If Martin or Lee were better blocking TE's, I think Bubba would have been used more conventionally as a downfield TE. (and with bubba downfield means 10-20 yards)

5. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't know if I should have laughed or cried when he made this statement P@ck66 but I am glad to see more and more football analysts saying the same thing that we have been. Hope TT is taking notes but for some reason I really doubt it !!!

6. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TE Eric Johnson is a great player. He is that hard to define "Packer People".

He was injured early in 2005 and the 49'ers had no one else. They then drafted that Vernon Davis who is not nearly as good.

Believe me I have seen enough 49'er football.

Since David Martin's contract expired Johnson would be a tremendous upgrade.

Stallworth is worth making an offer.

I don't know that I would not give an opportunity to some promising young guys like Ruvell Martin, and Holliday. Martin has size and showed some improvement.

I'm glad the Packers had patience with a young 7th round pick by the name of Driver.

Gardner and Boerigter were not so successful free agents.

A good balanced plan with FA's and the draft will bring in the best level of competition and lessen the negative impacts of poor choices.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Thompson said he didn't make Favre any promises that he'd upgrade the offense and that Favre didn't ask for any.

Wow Brett who do you think you are??

Your suppose to TELL Ted you want Randy, and you want the 1st 4 draft picks to be a RB then 3 WR..

*sarcastic post off*

So Brett didnt ask for a promise, but yet Ted is blasted for not promising

Yeahhhhhhhhh, righttttttttttttt....