Glenn Williams

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Honestly, nothing :)

Every time I see Terry Glenn rack up yards and snag TD's I think ' who the heck did we take with the draft pick Dallas gave us for him?'

The answer is...
Corey Williams ... ... ... who after 10 games (this year) he has 21 tackles, 5 sacks and one pass defensed.

Fair trade?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Who was taken with the draft pick Green Bay gave New England for him?

Okay. Let's see if I can explain this without confusing myself!

We traded a 4th rd pick (128 overall) to NE for Terry Glenn.

NE traded that pick PLUS their own 5th rd pick (157 overall) to Denver for a 4th rd pick (120 overall) and selected. Asante Samuel CB with that pick.

With the pick we traded to NE who then added a pick of their and sent it to Denver. Denver used 'our' pick to select Bryant McNeal DE out of Clemson.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glenn may be doing well in Dallas but here he was nothing but a guy with a migraine wasting a stall in the locker room. I don't really think anything was a bad deal getting rid of him

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Glenn may be doing well in Dallas but here he was nothing but a guy with a migraine wasting a stall in the locker room. I don't really think anything was a bad deal getting rid of him

He had over 50 catchs for over 800 yards. 12 of the catchs were more than 20 yards. Also, over 40 of them catchs were for first downs. That was in 14 games.

I think he did well while he was here. Albeit he was made out of freakin glass!

gator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasn't the best fit he could have been in Green Bay--he's a speed guy, who needs to go down the edges of the fields or in the seams of the zones...not go across the middle. He was fragile while he was here--and I can tell you that a concussion will make you that way...

I'm personally glad he's having a great year in Dallas--and that I had no complaint about his behavior while in Green Bay.

That said--I think it's about an even trade..Williams has a ton of potential, but it seems like they have to drag it out of him.....but I think he'llbe OK in the long run..

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

He had over 50 catchs for over 800 yards. 12 of the catchs were more than 20 yards. Also, over 40 of them catchs were for first downs. That was in 14 games.

I think he did well while he was here. Albeit he was made out of freakin glass!

He was injured some, but he does go after the tough catches, unlike a lot of other recievers. I've always like the guy.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hated every time we had a big game it seemed like by the 2nd Q we got a report he was on the locker room with a headache. As far a natursl talent though he's probably #1 for Packer WR's in the last 10 years. If he could of had DD drive he could of been a superstar

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Question begs to be answered.

What if?

What if the Pckers coaches at the time had the ability to nurture and bring out the GOOD of both Glen and Walker? To make them better mentally.

What if the Packer Coaches and Management at the time had the same skills that Parcell and Shanny had to make the best of them individually.

Well if that was the case.... We would have Driver, Walker, and Glen catching passes from Brett right now.

Nothing against Greg...I love the kid.

R.P.

gator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But wouldn't it have been nice to have Jennngs being the hungry rook on the bench--coming in as the 4th WR?? Man that would have been sweet....

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The Question begs to be answered.

What if?

What if the Pckers coaches at the time had the ability to nurture and bring out the GOOD of both Glen and Walker? To make them better mentally.

What if the Packer Coaches and Management at the time had the same skills that Parcell and Shanny had to make the best of them individually.

Well if that was the case.... We would have Driver, Walker, and Glen catching passes from Brett right now.

Nothing against Greg...I love the kid.

R.P.

I'm a huge fan of Walker, even now after my bitterness has recided. He was a lost cause man :(

Trust me on this one, nothing could have saved him that wouldn't have hurt the team in the future. Meaning if the Packers would have given into him, like many players said, they'd be knocking on the GM's door too.

Walker made a demand, it didn't matter what team he was on. He was gonna **** an moan til he got his way.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts