Getting on Board

WNY PackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spouse and I have always been Bills fans, but she always rooted for the Packers (since the Favre days) as well. We visited Wisconsin this fall and had such a great time. The food was fabulous (important to us) and the people made us feel like we were at home. Visited Madison, Milwaukee, Oshkosh, Marinette, Racine, Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Spring Green (FLW fans as well) and of course Lambeau Field and Green Bay. Even waded into the Bay for a bit as it was a pleasant September day. After the trip I agreed to hop on board the Packer train. Only conflict could be Superbowl week but what a problem to have! LOL. Nice to have somebody in the NFC to cheer on.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Thank You! Looking forward to the discussions.
Welcome ... wow.. you covered a lot of Wisconsin territory. Have to say, I think that Bill's fans and Packers fans could be twin offspring from different mothers.

So you were in Oshkosh and found us ... what ... You might have been in.. uhhh.. well somewhere else and are mistaken.:):barefoot:;):D

OP
OP
W

WNY PackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Weeds. Yeah, I feel closer to Wisconsin folks then I do with my neighbors to the east. I always thought Buffalo people were more midwestern than New England at least in terms of friendliness.
We only had a week and got a rental from O'Hare where we flew into. Set up camp (okay, really condo) in Oconomowoc and went in all directions form there. By the end of the week, I could almost pronounce the locations we were visiting!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
By the end of the week, I could almost pronounce the locations we were visiting!
Yeah that Wisconsin spin on English versions of French interpretations of Native place names is always a tell that someone ain't from around these here parts. It was interesting and a bit annoying the news readers didn't take the time to learn how to pronounce the city name where the a-hole drove his car through the Christmas parade.
Welcome aboard.

OP
OP
W

WNY PackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppa San,
Thank you. Yea was kinda getting the hang of it then we had to go. Will be back for a visit again. Had the best time.

Members online

Latest posts