GB the old QB factory

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have noticed a trend in post that harken back to the GB qb Factory days. I will say this that those who think it is the HC job to bring along QB's dont understand the complexities of posistions coaches. In the old days it is true that GB had thrown out some decent QB's in the league. Brunnel Hasselbeck Warner ext. All these Qbs would have been winners with the Green and Gold but they went elsewhere to find there starting jobs. This is the one problem with having a 15 year QB it does not allow for the development of new talent within your team. That said the reason for these QB's coming out of GB was not Holmgren but the posistion coaches that developed them. The only problem with GB right now is Bevel was a option QB from Wisconsin who never did anything in the NFL. Sherman had went with what I believe was the best guy for the Job. No one here I mean no one can truly know what the develpment of Rogers is right now. And as far as Lienhart goes I wouldnt want him he may be a fair NFL QB but will never dominate. I think Rodgers will do fine if given the traditional two year window for GB qbs trust me once GB gets its O-line woes in order look for something good to come out of rodgers.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll jump in here - you make a well-rounded solid point about Position Coaches.

I would put this on Sherman's list of "oops, sorry 'bout that"
How many times have we seen Assistant Coaching changes in the last three years?

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to many IBP but that is the problem you only get a super staff ever once in awhile before they become hc else where and move up. Prime example is mooch great QB coach horrible HC

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
to many IBP but that is the problem you only get a super staff ever once in awhile before they become hc else where and move up. Prime example is mooch great QB coach horrible HC

Psst - IMHO - you need to re-read your own Siggy......

I really liked da Mooch when he was in charge at SanFran. I thought he did pretty well. I always felt like it was the Mgmt Staff which played against him in the trenches. What's more in about 20 years, I bet you could buy ol' Steve a drink and here him say so. If you compare two Green Bay trainees - in Morningwheg and Mariucci - who has had the better record?

You always... always have to look at who the Mgmt Staff is, backing up the HC.
Would YOU want Matt Millen on your Staff? I wouldn't.....

That being said - next year, as a final swan song - it might be pretty decent to let da Mooch handle the QB Coach's chair around Favre (again)....

Members online

Latest posts