Gary’s Glorious Mock

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright fellow fans, I have returned for my favorite part of the season. Alas, I’m only doing 4 rounds because I don’t know players past that. Per usual, no trades.

1) George Karlaftis - Edge/DL He’s good, he’s young (20), don’t overthink it.

1) George Pickens - WR. Yes, I have a thing for G’s. Year of the George! Pickens does everything Green Bay likes. He’s fast, has good size, attacks the ball with his hands, capable blocker, he’s physical. Line him up at the X and call it a day. This kid ain’t soft. We need that.

2) Jelani Woods - TE. Imagine if Marcedes Lewis was in the draft but with more juice. That’s Woods.

2) Troy Andersen - LB. Him and Campbell would give GB elite defensive flexibility. ST’s weapon from day 1.

3) John Metchie - WR. Let him learn from Cobb and you have your next slot for the decade. Torn ACL drops him.

4) Matt Waletzko - OT. Big. Strong. Athletic. Raw. Go to work Steno.

4) Pick somebody athletic and physical.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Love it. Karlaftis is a really nice prospect. Athletic, versatile, great size, young, broke out at 18...

Andersen won't happen.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t dislike any of the guys you list but Jelani that soon I don’t like despite liking him a lot.

If Karlaftis makes it to 22 I’m picking him over anyone almost that has a chance to be there…even my beloved Olave I am picking Karlaftis.

Troy is going to make a great LB but we have Barnes and much bigger needs despite it - I also sense that may be a round early but who knows.

If Metchie makes it to our third pick and we haven’t nabbed two WRs Gute should be fired for not taking him - he has potential to be great.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just did a mock on PFF and came away with...

1(22) Devonte Wyatt - DL

1(28) George Pickens - WR

2(53) Sam Williams - Edge

2(59) Jalen Tolbert - WR

3 (92) Max Mitchell - OT

-----------------------

I'd be thrilled with that haul of players.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t dislike any of the guys you list but Jelani that soon I don’t like despite liking him a lot.

If Karlaftis makes it to 22 I’m picking him over anyone almost that has a chance to be there…even my beloved Olave I am picking Karlaftis.

Troy is going to make a great LB but we have Barnes and much bigger needs despite it - I also sense that may be a round early but who knows.

If Metchie makes it to our third pick and we haven’t nabbed two WRs Gute should be fired for not taking him - he has potential to be great.
Barnes sucks.

Why is Woods too early? He can block well, he’s 6’7 260 and athletic as heck, and showed this past year that he’s a viable receiving option. Those types are rare! It’s why Lewis still has a job in the NFL.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnes sucks.

Why is Woods too early? He can block well, he’s 6’7 260 and athletic as heck, and showed this past year that he’s a viable receiving option. Those types are rare! It’s why Lewis still has a job in the NFL.

Barnes sucks? Okay no point in conversing lol

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Barnes, Undrafted I think, hard worker and hard hitter. We could do worse, but we could also do a lot better. I tend to think he’s a bit overrated because we had a desperate need and he came from nowhere and did a pretty decent job right out of the gate. We’ve been pretty accustomed to pretty poor ILB play prior to that

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sucks was probably harsh, but yeah, he’s not very good. Liability in coverage, misreads plays, hits the wrong gaps. He hits hard though, so he “flashes”.

I don’t agree, is he a guy you want as your #1 presently no, but we have Campbell for that of course and all Barnes has done is answer a bell that tolled which he was never supposed to even be the one here to pick up.

From UDFA to wearing the communication helmet his rookie Covid year. He is growing each season and did even more so last year. I fully expect more growth to occur as it isn’t something guys just usually stop doing after showcasing two straight years of doing so.

I love Troy Andersen personally, his safety on his team is a good hunting buddy of mines son (pottinger) I just don’t see taking most likely a depth ILB at worst and maybe a guy that beats out Barnes by years end for the #2 spot that soon is all. I’d embrace the pick and honestly it would be very similar to picking Dillon when we did. LOVE the PROSPECT, not necessarily the pick is all.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t agree, is he a guy you want as your #1 presently no, but we have Campbell for that of course and all Barnes has done is answer a bell that tolled which he was never supposed to even be the one here to pick up.

From UDFA to wearing the communication helmet his rookie Covid year. He is growing each season and did even more so last year. I fully expect more growth to occur as it isn’t something guys just usually stop doing after showcasing two straight years of doing so.

I love Troy Andersen personally, his safety on his team is a good hunting buddy of mines son (pottinger) I just don’t see taking most likely a depth ILB at worst and maybe a guy that beats out Barnes by years end for the #2 spot that soon is all. I’d embrace the pick and honestly it would be very similar to picking Dillon when we did. LOVE the PROSPECT, not necessarily the pick is all.
Has Barnes out performed what he was thought to be? Absolutely! Is he a good option to be starting? I think not. He’s a weak spot.

Is Andersen likely? For a variety of reasons, no. But I’ve been talking about him here for years, and he will be in all of my mocks because a man can dream.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts