Gardner

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm up in a few picks in my initial dynasty draft (where you keep all your players throughout all seasons)... I've got the 10th pick in the 14th round (166 overall).

So I may need help at WR. I mean, I don't need help that much, but it's something I wanna work on. So does Gardner sound good here? I'm thinking of taking Gardner here.. but Engram, Stokely, and Randle El are on the board. I think I could get away with picking up somebody like Engram, and then grabbing Gardner 5 picks later with 15.03... but even this may still be a reach. Should I wait another round to grab him?

Opinions?

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From that list you have to take Randle El or Stokely there. Stokely first. I like Gardner and all, but face it he's failed with other teams. He may end up no better than #4 with the Packers. He's deep sleeper who should be taken in the late, late rounds if at all. I think he may not even get drafted in most dynasty leagues, depending on how deep you go.

If you have some young guns at WR I would consider Engram he is older and may have been out of football if it hadn't been for Seattle. He will be pushed for the #2 spot by Nate Burleson this year though and with Jackson healthy his numbers will go down. Due to his age, 33, you have to consider the younger guys first unless you have young guys already.

Truthfully Gardner would be my last choice from the four you have listed.

OP
OP
P

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing.. I went with Engram. I'll probably take Gardner somewhere near the 18 or 19th rounds. Oh, and I grabbed Aaron Rodgers with 15.03. But then again.. maybe I already have too many Packers.

My lineup (starters in bold):

Quarterbacks:
Peyton Manning
Philip Rivers
Aaron Rodgers

Wide Receivers:
Andre Johnson
Lee Evans
Jerry Porter

Chad Jackson
Bobby Engram
Greg Jennings

Runningbacks:
Shaun Alexander
Corey Dillon

Laurence Maroney
Samkon Gado
Maurice Morris

Tight End:
Alge Crumpler
Ben Watson

Team Defense:
Tampa Bay

Kicker:
(Yet to be drafted)

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like your WRs much but they are also the easiest to pick up on waivers.

How many teams? Because if it's only 12 or less you may have a hard time for a while. I love Alexander and Manning but after that, I'm not so sure. If Maroney is everything people think he is going to be you'll be OK. I just don't buy the hype right now.

You'll definitely be starting Engram this year. He'll do better than Johnson, Evans, and Porter.

Good luck.

Members online

Latest posts