1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Future Packer QB ??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by C-Mize, May 1, 2006.

?

Who will be playing QB for GB in the 2007 season ??

1. Brett Favre

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Aaron Rodgers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ingle Martin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Marcus Vick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Brady Quinn (acquired by 1st pick in 07 Draft)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Somebody Else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who do you think will be the Packers QB at the start of the 2007 NFL Season?

2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    2007!! I think Rodgers. I think this is Favre's last season. After 07.. I dunno if Rodgers struggles I really like Ingle Martin. He's got a cannon of an arm. I thought he was better than Cutler at the combine.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Ingle Martin! He's so interesting competitive.

MM said he's not sold on A-Rod, and yes, he's had a room to grow, and we will find out more on A-Rod progression shortly with camps coming up.

But Ingle....I have a soft spot for a guy who says he punts for fun. A guy who says he can't wait to "Compete with Brett Favre." He's got balls, loves to compete, and had the strongest arm at the combine according to the radar gun. Sounds alot like a guy we got at QB now..

(No I am not saying hes the next favre...but hes competitive,strong armed, and interesting.)

4. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    As much as I'd like Favre till his arms and legs fall off....he said this is his last year, and I like to think I can listen to Favre, and that he wont be a hypocrite in any way(like me, the big ol hypocrite)

6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I chose Quinn but we'd have to suck again this year to get him and I don't think we will.

7. BrettFavre4MVP

BrettFavre4MVP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe people voted for Marcus Vick for obvious reasons.

But I also can't believe people voted for Ingle Martin. While he is an intriguing prospect, he couldn't even hold down a job at the division 1 level, and is what you would call a "developmental quarterback." In other words, he may turn into something down the road, but Aaron Rodgers is far more NFL ready than Ingle Martin is.

8. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Marcus Vick??? LOL!!! Did he even get drafted?

Rogers will get a chance in 07 before anyone else. He was our first rounder last season and deserves a chance to show what he can do.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    if INgle can "develop" here like he "developed" new record playing in FLORIDA (pass yards)(touchdowns-42 i believe)..then yeah...he can "develop" all he wants to.

Looking at his 2005 alone doesnt do him justice. Look at 2004 in florida as well.

10. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    i believe they said tom brady couldnt hold down a division one job.... 3 super bowls later

marcus vick is a good qb, if you look past the ugly, hes got a better arm than his brother, and is about the same atheletically. i think we definetly need to pick him up. just for competition.

11. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So why did you choose him? :)

And I think more than one person chose Marcus Vick. Shane Falco has a better chance of starting next year than Marcus Vick.

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Shane Falco is busy fixin my boat.

13. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    If Brett is done, then it will be Ingle Martin. I really don't have faith in Rodgers I hope he proves me wrong. But, I think he was very overrated in college and the draft.

14. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Also Ingle Martin he just has the tools, quick feet, quick release, strong arm, accurate....smarts...I love the guy.

15. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett !!! Oh Yeah, I said that already, whoops !!!

16. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sold on A-Rod and also not totally convinced Favre is for sure done after this year. However, assuming Brett does retire and you are asking based on what I know now it would be Rogers. Although he must improve camp and game showing to give me any confidence he will be any more than a stop gap starter.

17. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    We make a blockbuster trade :?: I dunno....let me dream O.K :lol: