Funny/True take on MM

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKERS (-10) over Bears

At stake: The No. 6 seed and a playoff spot for Green Bay; a potential No. 1 seed for Chicago (with a win and some luck); and the upper hand in a nine-decade rivalry that dates back to 1921 (when the Bears were known as the Chicago Staleys).

Why you should pick the Packers: If Atlanta takes care of business at 1 p.m. ET, the Bears lock into that 2-seed before this game starts (making it meaningless for them). And also, we've been playing musical chairs for "They look like a Super Bowl team" NFC honors for four straight months; doesn't it make sense that we'd go into the playoffs with the No. 5 and No. 6 seeds riding the most momentum?

Underrated subplot: If Atlanta wins and Chicago tweets this game in, that would mean Philly killed the Giants three times -- twice on the field, then a third time when it choked against Minnesota (handing that 2-seed to Chicago and by proxy handing this game and the 6-seed to Green Bay). A triple homicide! Hey Eagles fans, would you rather have the 2-seed, or the 3-seed with the added bonus that you destroyed Giants fans a third time? (Waiting.) You picked the 2-seed ... but you had to think about it, right?

Another underrated subplot: Mike McCarthy doing his Andy Reid impersonation -- it's like watching the Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker of Bad Clock Management grabbing their light sabers for three hours. Don't sleep on McCarthy: He's the one who prompted Brad from Tampa to e-mail me, "Can you ask one of your readers to make a YouTube video of Mike McCarthy as MacGruber? Whenever McCarthy has to battle the clock, the clock always wins. I'm waiting for the day when he calls for a fake FG in the two-minute offense with the Packers down four. MCCARTHY!!!!!"

Love it. Here, I re-wrote the theme song for the YouTube clip maker ...

MCCARTHY!
He can't understaaaand that three zeroes are a bad thing
MCCARTHY!
It's like crossing Herm Edwards with Andy Reeeeeeid
MCCARTHY!!!!!!
He goes through timeouts like an all-you-can-eat buffeeeet
MCCARTHY!!!!!!!
Heshouldspendthesummerplayingvideogamestopracticethecloc-
MCCARTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'd call it amusing, but not true.
I really responded to this thread to ask WTF is a Staley?
Historically I know, but someone had to say it.
It's so boooooorrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg to listen to people call for the GM and HC jobs every time your team loses or wins. Get over it guys, they're gonna stay and they've done a marvelous job.
Case in point, against NE, we got sacked, you'd rather that the QB throws the ball away and stops the clock, but you got what ya got.
We call timeout. So now out of timeouts, nobody knows if it's a first or fourth down, if it's a first you clock it, if it's a fourth you have to go for it all. Why is this so difficult to understand?
Refs took their time on the call, absurd that you think this was a time management problem. Also, we left very little time for Matty Vice to comeback, but withour special teams they did. So pick your poison.

Members online

Latest posts