Fun with Picks...

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, as we all know the draft begins tonight and goes on for the next 3 weeks. I kid, but it does go for days so I though I would throw out some later round names and see if any of us can guess a few...for fun of course...and bragging rights...and pride...you get my point. So here are a few guys I would like to see us snag in the mid-later rounds and I look forward to reading all of yours as well!

CB Senquez Golson from Mississippi: While he doesn't have ideal size for the position I think he could at worst plat slot and we all know that's a position of great need in today's NFL. He ran the 40 in 4.46 and had pretty decent showings in all the other measurable cats. The reason I like him is production and he has a nose for the ball like another guy on the roster who wears #29. This kid was first team All-American last season and ended the season with 9 picks playing in the SEC. That's a stout number and he had a stretch of 5 straight games with a pick and they weren't chump teams either (Bama, A&M, Tennessee, LSU and Auburn). If we don't land a CB in the first 2 possibly 3 rounds I think this could be a great value pick in the middle rounds.

TE Blake Bell from Oklahoma: The Belldozer is an intriguing prospect who has only played the TE position for one season. He started his career in Norman as a QB and was a pretty decent one at that. He ran for 20something TD's in that time and I think he could be a fantastic H-Back option in the pros as he has extensive experience handling the rock out of the backfield. He has natural hands and is a really nice athlete. His blocking improved as the season went on and he had many key blocks helping the Sooners finish top 12 in total team rushing as well as Freshman Samaje Perine (freak, straight freak) break Melvin Gordon's single game rushing mark vs. Kansas. Being a former QB he has a good feel for finding holes in zone coverage and is not afraid of taking a shot over the middle. He will not be a day one performer but I along with some scouts feel he could be a very nice pro TE within a few season. This may be a homer pick but I am telling you I just see something in this kid.

OLB/DE Obum Gwacham from Oregon St.: I love this kid. He has only played D for one season after moving from WR which seems different for sure but I see big things in this kids future. He is 6'5", 250 lbs and just loves the game of football which is an attribute I strongly cherish. He is the definition of raw but that's not necessarily a bad thing as he shouldn't have any bad habits ingrained in his repertoire. This is the kind of player that the good teams in the league can take as a luxury pick and if he works at his craft could pay immense dividends down the road and I think be a ST contributor from day one. Athletically he is very gifted and has a great football IQ. If this kid could get in the Packer locker room and learn from guys like Peppers and CMIII I think he could end up being a tremendous asset for years to come.

Thoughts?!?!?

GO PACK GO !!

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely love Blake Bell. If he is there in the 3rd I would pull the trigger.

OP
OP
SoonerPack

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely love Blake Bell. If he is there in the 3rd I would pull the trigger.
You think that high, huh? I was thinking more like 6ish but the word is starting to get out on him and I guarantee you if he had played TE for a couple years he would certainly be a high round pick. I had the chance to watch him a few times live and he is one heck of an athlete and a great kid to boot. I think he would be a great addition to the team and here's hoping come the end of the draft he is! Enjoy the draft my friend!

D

Deleted member 6794

OLB James Vaughters out of Stanford in the seventh round. The guy hasn't played a lot but can both rush the passer and defend the run. It's possible he will go undrafted, would be a good free agent signing.

Members online

Latest posts