Free Agents Tromadz would look at...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is like DePacks, and like his, go ahead and rip me if you see something silly.

Ricky manning Jr - CB - He is better than carroll.
Will Allen - CB - Better than carroll.
Deshea Townsend - CB - better than carroll.

-I would love one of those CBs, but any talented CB will do, there are a good number of them in free agency
(we need a CB bad to play with Al while (ugh) Carroll continues to mature\improve..but im not betting on that.)

Cato June - OLB - He is very good..and we need someone to play with Barnett and probably AJ Hawk (since mario is looking out of the question now)
Tommy Polley - OLB - same as above.

We need another LB to play with Barnett and Hawk next year. Ben Taylor sounds like he could work out, but I'd like a bigger name.

Stephen Neal - OG - played on some superbowl teams in New england I believe, and we need a guard. There are not many good guards in free agency, so getting this guy should happen.

Derrick Dockery -OG - same as above

David Boston - WR - I think david would be cheap, since he messed up his career the last couple of years. He is a big target, a lot of talent...but hes kinda dumb..

Rod Gardner- WR - he tried hurdling a CB last year, I love him.

Marc Boerigter -WR - reliable, and a BIG target for brett. I liked his work in kansas city.

(this list is made with the thought that henderson and favre stay, and that we sign ben taylor,hawk, and manuel, and pickett.)

BASH AWAY!

Adam Vinatieri -K - we need a kicker, and have money
Mike Vanderjagt - K - we need a kicker, and have money
Paul Edinger - K- we need a kicker, and edinger CAN be very good. He did well in chicago for a while...and I think hes ok.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not claiming any sort of extensive knowledge about anything, I was at the xmas day game and saw this:
tromadz said:
Rod Gardner- WR - he tried hurdling a CB last year, I love him.
Unless we are overstocked at WR, I think he would be great to bring on. He tried his tail off and looked solid to me, from the stands.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You won't sign TO...

but you WILL sign David Boston....???

(man...now that's sssthilly.....)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
david boston at about 1\7th the price? i shop at sams club, baby, i know a deal! and apparently, so does ted.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cato June is a RFA so he would be tough to get but I would love him. Is Manning an UFA? I know you don't like Carroll, but I think he is better than Will Allen and DeShae Townsend. Don't laugh but I think Carroll is going to have a breakout season next year. He reminds me of Al Harris. When Harris was with Philly, everything happened to him that is happening to Carroll. Was flagged for holding and interference constantly. The only difference is that he was never a starter always a nickel back.

I think Carroll and Harris will man the corners for years to come. we do need depth though. You can never have enough good corners.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id love to have that kind of faith in carroll, but he hasnt shown me AT ALL any reason to have faith in him, only to believe he is a bust. I hope to god (if we keep him) that he proves me wrong. Id love to jump on the bandwagon...but I really dont think thats happening...ever.

PS - I cut coupons with Ted Thompson

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Green Bay doesn't have enough ammo to go after any restricted FA's. Ricky Manning I believe is one.. Only 5 picks..

Some pretty good choices as well. Guys still in the market. That shows all hope isn't lost YET...

Members online

Latest posts