Free Agent Priorities

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I checked that random FG in the second is just as many points as the one in the 4th...
But that random field goal isnt winning games and when it counts he cant hit that field goal we need to clinch it. When it comes down to the last 3 points or less Crosby is extremely unreliable.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things:

1) Hawk ISN'T a friggin bust so stop with that nonsense already. No, he never became our Ray Lewis, but to say he's a bust is just being ignorant. He's played pretty damn well his entire career. Nothing wrong with being good.

2) I'm in favor of dumping Crosby. He's been unreliable lately, and when we need him to make a kick, he comes up short. Frankly, I have ZERO confidence in the guy. I cringe every time we line up to make a FG kick because he misses way too many that are makable. I know he missed the 55 yarder against Washington, but he also missed a 48 yarder that would have sealed the win. IIRC, he missed two kicks vs. Chicago too. This is simply unacceptable.

OP
OP
aaronqb

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things:

1) Hawk ISN'T a friggin bust so stop with that nonsense already. No, he never became our Ray Lewis, but to say he's a bust is just being ignorant. He's played pretty damn well his entire career. Nothing wrong with being good.

2) I'm in favor of dumping Crosby. He's been unreliable lately, and when we need him to make a kick, he comes up short. Frankly, I have ZERO confidence in the guy. I cringe every time we line up to make a FG kick because he misses way too many that are makable. I know he missed the 55 yarder against Washington, but he also missed a 48 yarder that would have sealed the win. IIRC, he missed two kicks vs. Chicago too. This is simply unacceptable.

let's keep the good ones

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in favor of keeping Hawk for sure. I also wouldn't give up on Crosby. I've seen shades of brilliance in him, we need to invest in a developmental kicker, I think it would be wise to hold onto him. Every kicker/ player goes through some rough patches, even as highly as kickers have evolved, we can't expect 100% perfection from them. Surely he needs to improve but I'd rather see him develop and improve as a Packer than on some other team.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Williams
2. Jenkins
3. Jones
4. Bishop
5. Jackson
6. Colledge
7. Peprah

I know some of the guys are in talks at the moment, including Williams which was made public.

TWill will get signed soon and I agree with this list BUT
B. Jackson will be gone
and Colledge might get more $$$ elsewhere.....

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree on Hawk. It isn't his fault he was selected at #5. Turns out he is not one of the top 5 players to come out of the draft that year, but he is a solid and reliable LB. He is a good player in a great defense. I hope he decides to play in GB next (at a reduced price).

Hawk has been a good player... definitely not a bust, but definitely not the 5th overall pick in the draft.

If Hawk was drafted in the 2nd Round or later, nobody would have a problem with his production & salary.

Members online

Latest posts