Fredrik's 7 round Mock 1.0

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for your excellent analysis. Just my opinion, but I don't think they need to select a CB in round 1. By the time they get to #29, all the corners worth drafting that early will be gone. Take an OT first. They usually start right away. And if Bakh returns earlier than expected, so much the better. This may gibe Jenkins the opportunity to move to C.

Maybe. We don’t know who will be available or not.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refresh my memory what aspects of his play is it again that you don't like or what you saw on film that you didn't?
I watched 3 games of tape vs UNC, Pittsburgh and GT and was not impressed his tackling sucked I don't remember ever seeing him wrap up and make a good tackle, he seemed a liability against the run or screens I'd see a WR blocking him march him 10-15 yards backwards especially vs UNC.
If the ball didn't go right at him I hardly ever saw any hustle to get to the ball and try to make a tackle or help his teammates tackle a guy this was especially obvious after watching Newsome who'd fly all over the field and really impressed me.
I also noticed QBs could have taken underneath throws a lot in the games I watched had they wanted to, Samuel was for the most part playing way off and his 4.5 40 at his pro day might be why he's not a very fast CB.

To me there is more then enough bad that I can guarantee I would prefer several other players on the board at various positions over Samuel at pick 29

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
They would have to really like Samuel to take him, because he's not their type at all.

If they drafted him, I would suspect it would be in the 2nd round. But that's just a guess.

D

Deleted member 6794

Possible iOl combinations:
Runyun-Jenkins-Patrick
Jenkins-Rookie-Runyun/Patrick
Jenkins-Hansen-Runyun/Patrick
Runyun/Patrick-Jenkins-Rookie

Patrick starting at center is definitely a possibility as well.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Patrick starting at center is definitely a possibility as well.
Agree.
I’d say on April 15 that Patrick or Jenkins at center is the most likely scenario depending on Runyan’s best place as right or left guard. There will be lots of experimenting in camp I’m sure.

Members online

Latest posts