Fredrik's 7 round Mock 1.0

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have more pressing needs to address this offseason on the offensive and defensive line and cornerback. I would definitely be in favor of adding a slot receiver on day three of the draft capable of gaining yards after the catch though.

I can’t argue with this. We definitely have more pressing needs. These guys wouldn’t be my first choice but I sure wouldn’t be mad at it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so I've finally watched enough tape to do a 7 round mock so here it is.

R1P29: Caleb Farley, CB, VT.
(I know, I know he's not supposed to fall this far but with the recent news of his back surgery his stock has taken a massive hit and I could easily see enough teams passing on him for him to get to 29, where IMO the value would be too good to pass up).
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

R2P62: Jamine Davis, ILB, UK
(A very athletic and good coverage LB Davis would give us the kind of LB we need to cover guys like Irv smith and Hockenson in our division as well as guys like Kittle and Kelce who we could see in the post season).

R3P92: Tylan Wallace, WR, oSu
( At the Senior Bowl he was very impressive and he has great speed he ran a 4.39 40 yard dash.)

R4P135: Walker Little, OT, Stanford
(This guy was being talked about as a likely 1st round lock before a injury in 2019 and opting out of 2020 his upside is enormous)

R4P142: Ambry Thomas, CB, Michigan
(Another senior bowl standout Thomas opted out of the 2020 season but was impressive in the limited film I could find of his 2019 season.
He also a good athlete he ran a blazing 4.37 40 yard dash and his vert of 38" and broad jump of 122" are both solid)

R5P173: Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina.

R5P178: Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri

R6P214: Jaylon Moore, OT, Western Michigan

R6P220: Jaret Patterson, RB, Buffalo

R7P256: Lorenzo Neal, IDL, Purdue
Thanks for your excellent analysis. Just my opinion, but I don't think they need to select a CB in round 1. By the time they get to #29, all the corners worth drafting that early will be gone. Take an OT first. They usually start right away. And if Bakh returns earlier than expected, so much the better. This may gibe Jenkins the opportunity to move to C.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for your excellent analysis. Just my opinion, but I don't think they need to select a CB in round 1. By the time they get to #29, all the corners worth drafting that early will be gone. Take an OT first. They usually start right away. And if Bakh returns earlier than expected, so much the better. This may gibe Jenkins the opportunity to move to C.
I did this mock assuming a good CB did fall in this case Farley though Newsome would also work for me if non of the top4 guys were left then I'd have gone elsewhere or had us trade down.
I honestly don't have OL as big a need as most I view it as a position that could be added to in the draft but if a guy like tevin jenkins or vera-tucker doesn't fall Im fine with adressing OL in the middle and late rounds

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did this mock assuming a good CB did fall in this case Farley though Newsome would also work for me if non of the top4 guys were left then I'd have gone elsewhere or had us trade down.
I honestly don't have OL as big a need as most I view it as a position that could be added to in the draft but if a guy like tevin jenkins or vera-tucker doesn't fall Im fine with adressing OL in the middle and late rounds
If Farley or Newsome drop to #29, it's a no brainer. You take em. And good OL are available pretty much throughout the draft, look at Runyan. With the losses and injury to Bakh, don't be surprised in OL is first.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really do think it’s coming. Those virtual interviews tell us they are looking for “that guy.” The F.O. Was taking about going all in. Nothing says all in more than another explosive playmaker for LaFleur to play with.
I'm sure Drayton will be delighted if they take a REAL KR.

D

Deleted member 6794

With Bakhtiari possibly missing part of the season and right tackle in need of an improvement the offensive line definitely needs to be addressed in this year's draft in my opinion.

And good OL are available pretty much throughout the draft, look at Runyan.

Runyan played a total of 160 snaps on offense last season, too small of a sample size to fairly evaluate his potential.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Bakhtiari possibly missing part of the season and right tackle in need of an improvement the offensive line definitely needs to be addressed in this year's draft in my opinion.

It's a position of need yes I just dont think it's any bigger of a need then WR, CB, or ILB and as long as we adress it even if not until one of the middle round I'm fine with that I don't think a OL with EG at LT, Runyan at LG, Patrick at Center, and Turner at either RG or RT with a rookie or vet in like Veldheer or lane taylor brought in to fill the last spot until Bahk gets back would be a bad OL I still think it would be solid and when Bahk comes back pretty dang good.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the capitan. Way to early to tell just what Runyan has to offer. I agree past results from GB offensive lineman lead to optimism, but I definitely need a larger sample size.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Runyan played well when he got the chance. His coaches and teammates rightfully talked him up.

I’m not saying he’s an All-Pro, but I think there’s valid reason to think he can be an adequate starter.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Runyan played a total of 160 snaps on offense last season, too small of a sample size to fairly evaluate his potential.
The sample size is too small. I was encouraged by what I saw compared to, say, Jason Spriggs. At any rate, and IMO, I think Runyan will stick on the 53 as a backup or spot starter in case of injury, and may one day progress to a starter.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Runyan played well when he got the chance. His coaches and teammates rightfully talked him up.

I’m not saying he’s an All-Pro, but I think there’s valid reason to think he can be an adequate starter.
I agree. He was a pleasant surprise last year, and it didn't cost much to get him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the capitan. Way to early to tell just what Runyan has to offer. I agree past results from GB offensive lineman lead to optimism, but I definitely need a larger sample size.
Sure, and it's a good point. But I liked what I saw and GB got him on the cheap. He'll be a solid backup IMO and possibly progress to a starter in another year. He does need more snaps of course.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sample size is too small. I was encouraged by what I saw compared to, say, Jason Spriggs. At any rate, and IMO, I think Runyan will stick on the 53 as a backup or spot starter in case of injury, and may one day progress to a starter.

Runyan is a guaranteed part of the 53. There’s absolutely zero doubt about that.

He was a movable depth piece last year and spot starter. I expect he will contend for a starting job this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's a position of need yes I just dont think it's any bigger of a need then WR, CB, or ILB and as long as we adress it even if not until one of the middle round I'm fine with that I don't think a OL with EG at LT, Runyan at LG, Patrick at Center, and Turner at either RG or RT with a rookie or vet in like Veldheer or lane taylor brought in to fill the last spot until Bahk gets back would be a bad OL I still think it would be solid and when Bahk comes back pretty dang good.

After the Packers re-signed King the offensive and defensive line are in most dire need of an upgrade in my opinion.

I wouldn't feel comfortable about any of the starting lineup combinations you suggested until Bakhtiari returns.

I agree with Gary that Runyan is a lock to make the 53. It will be interesting to see how much playing time he receives in 2021.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the Packers re-signed King the offensive and defensive line are in most dire need of an upgrade in my opinion.

I disagree I think we saw that even with peices missing we could field a solid OL last year with Linsley and Bahk both missing time for stints sure it wouldn't be a top 5 unit without Bahk but I still think we'd jave a solid one with modest additions that are not necessarily high draft picks.

Also King does nothing at all to change my opinion at CB ideally we'd draft enough good guys he's only on the team for depth because I have zero faith in king at this point to either play well consistently or stay healthy.

D

Deleted member 6794

I disagree I think we saw that even with peices missing we could field a solid OL last year with Linsley and Bahk both missing time for stints sure it wouldn't be a top 5 unit without Bahk but I still think we'd jave a solid one with modest additions that are not necessarily high draft picks.

You have to consider that while both Bakhtiari and Linsley missed time last season there wasn't a single game both of them weren't playing in.

Also King does nothing at all to change my opinion at CB ideally we'd draft enough good guys he's only on the team for depth because I have zero faith in king at this point to either play well consistently or stay healthy.

I wasn't in favor of the Packers re-signing King but with him being back it seems the front office is confident in their starting outside cornerbacks.

While I would definitely like them to address the position in the draft both lines seem to be in more dire need of an upgrade.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All 3 positions need help. To me there is only 1 DL worthy of pick 29 (Barmore) and he will probably be gone. There are multiple OTs. These 3 will be gone for sure. Sewell, Slater, & Darrisaw. Most likely neither AVT or Jenkins (maybe) will be left. Cosmi is starting to grow on me. With Carolina signing a CB the chances of getting one who is deserving of pick 29 just got a little better. Surtain and Horn will be gone. Does Farley fall? Any chance Newsome is still there? How high do they have Stokes and or Samuel on their board? If all of the above have been selected depending who is left we may see the WR 1st rounder or the ILB some have been asking for.
Moehring interests me if he is still there which I doubt.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The interior offense line is one of the most intriguing parts of the Packers offseason this year. It is not often that you truly have no idea where they are going with it.

Runyun played 160 snaps last season and I think could have been one of the most underrated young players on the team. I could see him getting a starting role.

The player I am most interested in is Jake Hansen. He did not leave the practice field last season, though the Packers did resign him. Were they able to get anything out of him? Were they grooming him? No idea where he stands, but the fact that took a late round center last year should not be forgotten.

Possible iOl combinations:
Runyun-Jenkins-Patrick
Jenkins-Rookie-Runyun/Patrick
Jenkins-Hansen-Runyun/Patrick
Runyun/Patrick-Jenkins-Rookie

Caya

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All 3 positions need help. To me there is only 1 DL worthy of pick 29 (Barmore) and he will probably be gone. There are multiple OTs. These 3 will be gone for sure. Sewell, Slater, & Darrisaw. Most likely neither AVT or Jenkins (maybe) will be left. Cosmi is starting to grow on me. With Carolina signing a CB the chances of getting one who is deserving of pick 29 just got a little better. Surtain and Horn will be gone. Does Farley fall? Any chance Newsome is still there? How high do they have Stokes and or Samuel on their board? If all of the above have been selected depending who is left we may see the WR 1st rounder or the ILB some have been asking for.
Moehring interests me if he is still there which I doubt.

They are very high on Asante Samuel. They met with him twice. That speaks volumes. If he is there at 29, they will grab him.

Caya

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The interior offense line is one of the most intriguing parts of the Packers offseason this year. It is not often that you truly have no idea where they are going with it.

Runyun played 160 snaps last season and I think could have been one of the most underrated young players on the team. I could see him getting a starting role.

The player I am most interested in is Jake Hansen. He did not leave the practice field last season, though the Packers did resign him. Were they able to get anything out of him? Were they grooming him? No idea where he stands, but the fact that took a late round center last year should not be forgotten.

Runyun-Jenkins-Patrick

I would love to see, based upon who we have and who we could draft, the following:

LT - Turner
LG - Runyan
C - Jenkins
RG - Patrick
RT - Teven Jenkins

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our best OL when Bahk is out would be:

LT - Turner or a high level Rookie
LG - Jenkins
C - Patrick/Hanson/Rookie
RG - Runyon
RT - Same as LT just whichever isn't there.

Jenkins can for sure honestly play anywhere, but our line is the strongest IMO when he is in his best position which is guard. Runyon is a stronger guard IMO than Patrick - and Patrick already has experience holding down the fort at center during a Linsley injury of the past. Turner isn't my favorite choice at LT, but we could do far worse and a rookie could allow Turner to play RT - which I actually think personally he is better at.

Look for Green Bay to walk away from the draft for sure with a Tackle prospect and an iOL....or in Green Bay fashion two Tackles, but one or both with the likelihood of sliding inside (ala Runyon just last year and many over the years). Drew Dalman is really the only Day 3 pure center (maybe Morrisey) I could get on board with - prefer the flexibility of a guy that can do more than just center.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Runyun-Jenkins-Patrick
I think Hanson was out with an injury the second half of the 20 season. The fact that Patrick, Turner and Jenkins can play multiple positions gives Stenavich a lot of options. I expect some very average play at times in the first 2 months of this season replacing 3 starters from last year’s line. We’re going to need really good blocking from TE’s, WR’s and RB’s to generate a really good consistent offense this year. Improvements on defense and special teams would really be welcomed.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The recipe of very good OL and average WR group led to a great offense last year. I for one do not think the risk of going very good WR group and avg. OL is worth it. Therefore if you have closely graded players at OL & WR when pick 29 arrives I hope they go OL. One thing I like is that 2 of the 3 (OL-CB) position groups I feel need to be upgraded the most ( OL-CB-DL ) are pretty deep. You can argue because of that depth they can go best player available on days 1 & 2 and then switch to needs on day 3.

Members online

Latest posts