Fredrik's 7 round Mock 1.0

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so I've finally watched enough tape to do a 7 round mock so here it is.

R1P29: Caleb Farley, CB, VT.
(I know, I know he's not supposed to fall this far but with the recent news of his back surgery his stock has taken a massive hit and I could easily see enough teams passing on him for him to get to 29, where IMO the value would be too good to pass up).
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

R2P62: Jamine Davis, ILB, UK
(A very athletic and good coverage LB Davis would give us the kind of LB we need to cover guys like Irv smith and Hockenson in our division as well as guys like Kittle and Kelce who we could see in the post season).

R3P92: Tylan Wallace, WR, oSu
( At the Senior Bowl he was very impressive and he has great speed he ran a 4.39 40 yard dash.)

R4P135: Walker Little, OT, Stanford
(This guy was being talked about as a likely 1st round lock before a injury in 2019 and opting out of 2020 his upside is enormous)

R4P142: Ambry Thomas, CB, Michigan
(Another senior bowl standout Thomas opted out of the 2020 season but was impressive in the limited film I could find of his 2019 season.
He also a good athlete he ran a blazing 4.37 40 yard dash and his vert of 38" and broad jump of 122" are both solid)

R5P173: Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina.

R5P178: Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri

R6P214: Jaylon Moore, OT, Western Michigan

R6P220: Jaret Patterson, RB, Buffalo

R7P256: Lorenzo Neal, IDL, Purdue

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong section bud. @Poppa San can move it over for us.

However, my thoughts

Farley at 29 would be nuts, and a no brainer if there. I'd be almost willing to place a left nut bet down though that he won't be there - that's how confident I am he Surtain and Horn are not an option for us...with Newsome possibly not even going to be an option.

Jamine Davis is an interesting prospect and one I've always thought is gone by our second round pick.....not a bad selection if he is there, but I'm not picking him over Cox at all - but depending who is there at OT, OG/C or iDL I'd strongly consider Davis.

Jaret is a guy that is tough to peg, Personally I have a top shelf Day3 guy, if we wait to get a RB till the 6th and he is there I liken the thought of picking him back to my Farley thoughts - no brainer.

Moore from Western Michigan I know has caught Packers eye, and has good solid measureables, feet movement is good to my eye and I've strongly considered him as early as the late 4th honestly. I probably have him graded slightly higher than you.

Walker Little will start in this league and while I also keep grabbing him around #135 as well, I wouldn't be shocked one bit if he winds up going top 100.

Overall I'd only be opposed to the avoidance of doing anything where games are broken more often than not; trenches on both sides. Ignores them until late really.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am wondering if Caleb will be there as well. I am starting to think he has a good shot. Teams a very wary of investing in someone after his surgery. As they should be. A minor back issue has ended more than a few promising NFL careers. Nearly every year a player we think is going fairly high fades to the late first or into the 2nd and we find out later there were injury concerns.

If he is there, and the doctors are promising, we should grab him. (@tynimiller you can keep your nut) How often does a team have a shot at a top 10 guy while drafting at 29?

Davis in the 2nd I have to think there would be better options, but he is a decent player.

Overall, I would be very happy with this draft.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so I've finally watched enough tape to do a 7 round mock so here it is.

R1P29: Caleb Farley, CB, VT.
(I know, I know he's not supposed to fall this far but with the recent news of his back surgery his stock has taken a massive hit and I could easily see enough teams passing on him for him to get to 29, where IMO the value would be too good to pass up).

R2P62: Jamine Davis, ILB, UK
(A very athletic and good coverage LB Davis would give us the kind of LB we need to cover guys like Irv smith and Hockenson in our division as well as guys like Kittle and Kelce who we could see in the post season).

R3P92: Tylan Wallace, WR, oSu
( At the Senior Bowl he was very impressive and he has great speed he ran a 4.39 40 yard dash.)

R4P135: Walker Little, OT, Stanford
(This guy was being talked about as a likely 1st round lock before a injury in 2019 and opting out of 2020 his upside is enormous)

R4P142: Ambry Thomas, CB, Michigan
(Another senior bowl standout Thomas opted out of the 2020 season but was impressive in the limited film I could find of his 2019 season.
He also a good athlete he ran a blazing 4.37 40 yard dash and his vert of 38" and broad jump of 122" are both solid)

R5P173: Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina.

R5P178: Tyree Gillespie, S, Missouri

R6P214: Jaylon Moore, OT, Western Michigan

R7P256: Lorenzo Neal, IDL, Purdue

This is the best mock I’ve seen on here. Any Packer fans that complained about this one is straight up crazy. I do think it’s funny that mocks change so drastically the closer we get to the draft. Farley dropping this far would be crazy but crazy things do happen. David is a late riser at LB in a deep class and draft guys seem to love him but I have yet to take a deep dive into his film. The one and only change I would make is a DT in the 3rd. Alim McNeil, tommy Togiai, or Shelvin Tyler would put the icing on the cake.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure how your board fell but I feel like Dl instead of Davis in 2nd round makes way more sense. While both positions have a lack of depth, good DL play makes life easier for the ILB and Packers have two promising ones with Barnes and Martin.

But otherwise its a really good mock. Farley at 29 would be a dream and I still am not sure he will fall this far.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That first play from Tylan Wallace. Holly s#%*. Kid has some explosion. Didn’t see much separation but damn he can pull down some contested catches.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That first play from Tylan Wallace. Holly s#%*. Kid has some explosion. Didn’t see much separation but damn he can pull down some contested catches.
yeah I'm really high on him also I thought he did a pretty good job getting seperation at the senior though it is one v one with a lot of field to work with so that is somewhat to be expected.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I'm really high on him also I thought he did a pretty good job getting seperation at the senior though it is one v one with a lot of field to work with so that is somewhat to be expected.

Yea, I really like what I saw. He’s a solid prospect. This draft is so deep at the position. I know we need major help on both sides of the line but how exciting would it be to draft a guy like Rondale Moore, or Kadarius Toney. Can you imagine how much more dangerous this O would look with a weapon like that? I am concerned about Moore’s injury history but his film is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 6794

I know we need major help on both sides of the line but how exciting would it be to draft a guy like Rondale Moore, or Kadarius Toney. Can you imagine how much more dangerous this O would look with a weapon like that?

It seems you haven't received the memo from the smart posters around here that there's no way (even by adding talent at receiver) the offense actually can be any better compared to last season.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems you haven't received the memo from the smart posters around here that there's no way (even by adding talent at receiver) the offense actually can be any better compared to last season.

Nah. They don’t really believe that. They just don’t want that false hope. Get Rodgers another weapon and the whole board would be giddy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont believe any such thing has ever been uttered. Merely saying that in 2020 the WR position didn't seem to hamper one of the most efficient offenses in NFL history. I think most of those guys, including myself, that have said something similar are still looking for at least one WR pick to occur...could even be two late rounders or a one TE and one WR type draft. There is a ton of WRs to like in this draft, even well into day 3 really.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont believe any such thing has ever been uttered. Merely saying that in 2020 the WR position didn't seem to hamper one of the most efficient offenses in NFL history. I think most of those guys, including myself, that have said something similar are still looking for at least one WR pick to occur...could even be two late rounders or a one TE and one WR type draft. There is a ton of WRs to like in this draft, even well into day 3 really.

I agree that our 2020 offense was solid but adding one of these two guys would open up a whole new dimension to an already potent offense. I also agree that this years WR crop is deep so its not necessary but wow. It would be exciting to see. The responsible thing to do is draft an O-tackle because there will be some absolute studs at our pick but that class is deep to and no doubt we’ll have a guy in the 2nd or third. Corner might have 5 gone before our pick and Barmore is the only DT worth a first so why not take the shot if it’s there? This is all wishful thinking but they have showed interest so maybe....

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that our 2020 offense was solid but adding one of these two guys would open up a whole new dimension to an already potent offense. I also agree that this years WR crop is deep so its not necessary but wow. It would be exciting to see. The responsible thing to do is draft an O-tackle because there will be some absolute studs at our pick but that class is deep to and no doubt we’ll have a guy in the 2nd or third. Corner might have 5 gone before our pick and Barmore is the only DT worth a first so why not take the shot if it’s there? This is all wishful thinking but they have showed interest so maybe....

Oh don't worry if Bateman would drop or if we heard Nico Collins name called even in the first I'd still be ecstatic as they're two of my favorite WR prospects in this draft...even if I'd have went elsewhere position wise I'd be smiling.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh don't worry if Bateman would drop or if we heard Nico Collins name called even in the first I'd still be ecstatic as they're two of my favorite WR prospects in this draft...even if I'd have went elsewhere position wise I'd be smiling.

I also like Bateman but those guys are true number two types (which wouldn’t be a bad thing.) I’d be more excited for a more gadgety player to run end arounds and has such a quick first step that they are near impossible to cover from the slot.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also like Bateman but those guys are true number two types (which wouldn’t be a bad thing.) I’d be more excited for a more gadgety player to run end arounds and has such a quick first step that they are near impossible to cover from the slot.

I despise pure gadget types. Now a Elijah Moore as the only top shelf guy that actually knows routes too worthy of 1st rounder I wouldn't hate.

However, I prefer guys that can play a true slot and also serve as the motion guy or manufacturered touches...

Elijah Moore in the 1st
Amari Rodgers in 2nd

Even a Jaelon Darden type later on or even an athletic Kenneth Gainwell

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome mock. Like the picks and your decisions behind them. Only I'm not a big fan of Patterson but if we got him 6th-7th round, I can't complain. I just like other RBs over him. IMO I just think his game isn't going to translate into the NFL.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I despise pure gadget types. Now a Elijah Moore as the only top shelf guy that actually knows routes too worthy of 1st rounder I wouldn't hate.

However, I prefer guys that can play a true slot and also serve as the motion guy or manufacturered touches...

Elijah Moore in the 1st
Amari Rodgers in 2nd

Even a Jaelon Darden type later on or even an athletic Kenneth Gainwell

I shouldn’t have used the word gadgety because it sounds negative. Maybe a better way to phrase it would be a guy with a specialized skill set. I know guys are down on Kadarius but just watch the tape. The guy has an amazing first step and gets open so quickly in short space. We no longer have Tyler Ervin so he fills the roll as a returner and we can line him up in the backfield. He would primarily play the slot but also proved at the senior bowl that he’s more than capable of playing outside and can take the top off a defense. We don’t have anyone on this team with his skill set. I imagine using him like the Chiefs use Tyreke Hill. Moore is a little different. He’s an absolute monster (when healthy.) he hasn’t proved that he can play outside but he’s the best at what he does. The man is a big play waiting to happen. Can you imagine what this O would look like with Adams, Jones, Dillion, Tonyan, and one of these guys?? I also like Rodgers but he’s the same as these guys in having a limited route tree. This draft is filled with great slot options. Give me a Toney, Rodgers, Elijah, or a Shi Smith and I will be ecstatic.

D

Deleted member 6794

Nah. They don’t really believe that. They just don’t want that false hope. Get Rodgers another weapon and the whole board would be giddy.

I'm well aware that not a single poster actually mentioned something like it but last season you could have gotten the impression reading the posts from some members around here.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm well aware that not a single poster actually mentioned something like it but last season you could have gotten the impression reading the posts from some members around here.

This is the year Captain! Can’t get everything at once. We’ve spent the past 2 years drafting for scheme fit Elton Jenkins, Jon Runyan, Hanson, Stepaniak, Sternberger, Deguara, and Dillion. It’s now time to add that dangerous weapon that makes all of the pre-snap adjustments, play action and jet sweeps all come together.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that the offense needs that dynamic motion/slot threat. I’m hoping we can get that guy between rounds 3-6 that will be more dynamic and reliable than Austin/Ervin. It would be a huge plus if he could return punts too.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that the offense needs that dynamic motion/slot threat. I’m hoping we can get that guy between rounds 3-6 that will be more dynamic and reliable than Austin/Ervin. It would be a huge plus if he could return punts too.

I really do think it’s coming. Those virtual interviews tell us they are looking for “that guy.” The F.O. Was taking about going all in. Nothing says all in more than another explosive playmaker for LaFleur to play with.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is the year Captain! Can’t get everything at once. We’ve spent the past 2 years drafting for scheme fit Elton Jenkins, Jon Runyan, Hanson, Stepaniak, Sternberger, Deguara, and Dillion. It’s now time to add that dangerous weapon that makes all of the pre-snap adjustments, play action and jet sweeps all come together.

The Packers have more pressing needs to address this offseason on the offensive and defensive line and cornerback. I would definitely be in favor of adding a slot receiver on day three of the draft capable of gaining yards after the catch though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts