For you fans that are NOT in Wisconsin (no streaming talk)

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many games do you folks not in Wisconsin get see every season? How do you watch those that aren't in your market? Sunday Ticket? REdZone? Keep in mind, we can't talk about streaming games online.

All 16. Simple: Find a sports bar.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sunday Ticket was $199 this year... There are sites out there that you can stream from for free but we cant post the links on PF anymore... Shoot me a PM with your email info and I can email them out on gamedays!

I saw the reason for that was because of more nationally broadcast games on Thursday night this year. There were no plans to reduce the price but they got an insane amount of calls from customers saying they won't pay the same price for fewer games and so it was reduced. Combine that with them losing about 10% of their customers for the last 4 years in a row and there's your explanation. I had it a couple times but in then end, I decided it wasn't worth the rest of the headaches I got from them. I've had cable the last 3 years and been perfectly happy. Haven't fallen into any dinner parties or sold my hair either.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw the reason for that was because of more nationally broadcast games on Thursday night this year. There were no plans to reduce the price but they got an insane amount of calls from customers saying they won't pay the same price for fewer games and so it was reduced. Combine that with them losing about 10% of their customers for the last 4 years in a row and there's your explanation. I had it a couple times but in then end, I decided it wasn't worth the rest of the headaches I got from them. I've had cable the last 3 years and been perfectly happy. Haven't fallen into any dinner parties or sold my hair either.
so glad to hear that. Now I don't have to worry bout that,lol.

asifp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am originally from Pakistan, but went to school in Madison and now live in London but a pretty hardcore Packer fan.

I watch it online on NFL gamepass (online service). £120 a season you get to see all the games (every single NFL game!) plus NFL network and the draft.

I don't think you can get NFL gamepass in the USA.

Having lived in Chicago I can tell you gamepass is the best coverage of NFL football I have seen, the online quality is amazing, plus I can see it anywhere in the world and see games whenever I want.

Simply worth every penny!

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am originally from Pakistan, but went to school in Madison and now live in London but a pretty hardcore Packer fan.

I watch it online on NFL gamepass (online service). £120 a season you get to see all the games (every single NFL game!) plus NFL network and the draft.

I don't think you can get NFL gamepass in the USA.

Having lived in Chicago I can tell you gamepass is the best coverage of NFL football I have seen, the online quality is amazing, plus I can see it anywhere in the world and see games whenever I want.

Simply worth every penny!

Hmm... so you're saying all I need is a UK proxy server...

asifp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm... so you're saying all I need is a UK proxy server...

Would be worth a try. however go for a country which does not show any NFL games, as in the UK they blackout the games being shown by Sky TV. I have Sky so its fine, but go for like a German or French proxy.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Minnesota, which hasn't had a football team in years so we get to see most of the Packers games. In fact, I think that some of the metro stations get higher ratings for Packers games than Vikings! The real tradeoff on the NFL Ticket is figuring out if you'll spend more money over the course of the season at a Packer bar or by ordering the Ticket. If you only get the primetime games because you live in Arkansas or something, then the Ticket makes sense. If you're like me, just go to a bar the 2-4 games per season when it's not on TV.

I haven't needed to use one yet, but people have sent me plenty of links of the past few seasons of how to watch the NFL on the net.

I would actually pay $200 if I could get the games on my phone while in the US. My schdule is usually the biggest impediment to me watching games!

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BW3 or similar. Even where I live in Ohio I can get always find a group watching the pack. You just get used to the steeler fan odor.

NYNeal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never lived in Wisconsin (live in NY now), but have been a Packer fan since 1960. I think it's worth remembering that when I grew up in the 50's and 60's, there were just 3 major networks and a couple UHF channels. I lived in Pennsylvania back then, and we'd get the Eagles (on CBS) and an AFL game on NBC. That was it. There was no ESPN, NFL network, and sports talk radio hadn't been invented either.
Because my dad was not a football fan, I rarely got to watch the Packers or any other teams play until the post season. My oldest brother would take me with him to watch it at a bowling alley. Thankfully, the Packers were almost always in the post season in the 60's. But many times I had to go to the school library and grab the sports section of the newspapers to see if the Packers won the day before.
I have had Directv and the NFL Ticket for over a decade and I can watch the Packers every week. It's just great. As long as the price stays reasonable (and compared to going to a game it's cheap) -- I will continue to pay for it.
Before I had it, I used to go to bars to watch the Packers play. I'd have a couple of beers, then eat a nice dinner at halftime and drink soda the rest of the game. It was great, but it was also costly and I got tired of obnoxious fans from other teams of other games which were on. The worst fans by far were Cowboy, Steeler, and Jets fans in the bar I went to. Incidentally, the bar was owned and managed by the son of former NY Yankee shortstop, mmanager, and GM -- Gene Michael. Sometimes I'd be the only guy in the place with a Packer jersey on and he'd still put the Packer game on because I was a regular customer on Sundays.
There are tons of Packer fans all over the country. I love seeing all the kids here in NY who are wearing Aaron Rodgers' jersey. That means they'll be Packer fans for life, too.
The Packers play the Giants here in NY this season. I am saving my money to try to get a ticket to that game. I hope the Giants have a bad season because it's always easier to get a ticket if they do.
Goooooo Packers !!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to travel every week for work. That went on for a decade. Luckily it was just after the internet so I was able to search for Packer bars. I often caught games while on the road and met lots of great folks .There's nothing better than going somewhere that you wouldn't expect to see Packers fans, and then be surrounded by like-minded fans.

GRAMOSCARR

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So growing up a packers fan in Virginia I have thought about this very topic many times and found many options.

1. Get direct tv, not a big fan since I have Verizon Fios(fiber to my house) and being a satellite communications engineer I would hate for my ability to watch tv be reliant upon the weather(rain fade on Ku band is very noticeable, but C band is to expensive for directv and X band is reserved in the US)

2. Buy a play station, and direct tv offers the Sunday ticket on that(not a bad idea since the play station can also be DVD/ blu-ray player, but I would like to hold out for an apple tv option since I can put that in my pocket and take it to a friends house)

3. Directv will allow you to pay for the Sunday ticket and get online only if you can prove that you are unable to use a antenna to get direct tv service I tried it last year and they are huge pains in the butt about this they were going to come and check the view angles and if you say your HOA doesn't allow it they will send a technician to see if neighbors have satellite antennas.

4. This one takes some work but seems like the coolest option, get a slingbox pro-hd(http://www.slingbox.com/go/slingbox-prohd-help-me-choose) and hook up a UHF/VHF antenna and put it at someone's house in the Green Bay/Appleton area and you can get all the games that are not nationally televised to any device you want just by tuning to the following channels for these games:

San Francisco : WLUKDT 11.1 Fox
New Orleans: WLUKDT 11.1 Fox
Indianapolis: WLUKDT 11.1 Fox
Houston: WGBADT 26.1 NBC
St.Louis: WLUKDT 11.1 Fox
Jacksonville: WFRVDT 5.1 CBS
Arizona: WLUKDT 11.1 Fox
Detroit: WLUKDT 11.1 Fox
NewYork: WGBADT 26.1 NBC
Minnesota:WLUKDT 11.1 Fox
Detroit: WGBADT 26.1 NBC
Chicago: WLUKDT 11.1 Fox
Tennessee: WFRVDT 5.1 CBS
Minnesota: WLUKDT 11.1 Fox

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've had DirecTV for the past six years and it's the only way to go for me. The sports bar scene was too rowdy and my barmates had a hard time believing I am a Packers fan (I tend to be fairly critical and "vocal" during games), so I pay the $300+ or whatever it is and see every game. Interesting thing; FIOS came to me to upgrade my internet service and talked about streaming games on the internet as an alternative to Sunday Ticket, something I had never heard of before. Interested to hear if that's really a viable option? Anyone try it who can tell me how well it works? Skeptical.

Members online

Latest posts