For you fans that are NOT in Wisconsin (no streaming talk)

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would imagine plenty of us are not living in, or even from Wisconsin. Therefore. we have to miss a good chunk of the season every season. I want that to NOT be the case. I am not allowed to have DirecTV, and thus cannot get (or even afford if I could get) Sunday Ticket. However, I do get to have and can afford NFL RedZone. It is better than nothing for out of market games, but not as nice as seeing the FULL game.

Last season I had RedZone for the all 17 weeks. So, I remember a vast majority of the games from the season. I saw all the scoring plays, and still remember a bunch of them. Maybe this is still my best option, but I was curious if there is a some kind of a map for the upcoming season that tells you where what games will be televised and where they won't be.

I know that on the gameday posts, there is a website linked that shows who gets to see what games, but it doesn't seem to update until the Thursday of the week of the game. Is this because coverage can change at the drop of a hat?

I suppose what I am really trying to get at is this: If the Packers make another Super Bowl winning season, I want to see every second of it that I can, and retain it. Previous to 2008, in the Northern California area, the Packers games were limited to pretty much the Sunday/Monday night games and the games against the 49ers. Since 2008 coverage has REALLY improved, especially in the Chico are (for obvious reasons *cough Aaron Rodgers cough*) and it peeked in 2009 when we got to see I am going to say at least 10 but I think 12 of the 16 games. Then we got SCREWED int he playoffs against the Cardinals. Larry Fitzgerald got away with OPI more times than I can remember, and ofcourse the facemask to Aaron.

In 2010, our Super Bowl season coverage was decent. First game I got to see was the Week 3 Bears game. I know I saw both games where we beat the Vikings and the Cowboys game. I know the 49ers game was aired up here, but I don't recall it (I think my wife pulled a "football is more important" speech on me...which she also pulled for Flynn's first start, and the Eagles playoff game.) It is not to say that it made me feel less excited for the Super Bowl (because I was PUMPED!!) but it just sucks not be able to be part of the WHOLE season. Of course the Super Bowl was just amazing...I was in the kitchen grabbing my plate of finger foods when Jordy caught his TD pass (it was like listening to the game on the radio, haha). I was screaming "RUNN, RUNNNNN" when Nick picked off Roethlisberger. My wife made me walk the dog when Jennings caught his first TD pass (he actually caught it JUST before I came in the doors) and I was cheering loud enough to for the neighbors to hear when Greg caught his 2nd TD pass. Oh, and please note I am not speaking ill of my loving wife, I love her very much. She just stresses about little things that don't matter, but don't we all?

Last season was a LOT better in coverage than 2010, but not as nice as 2009. 9 games in total of the regular season were aired here, including the nationally televised games. Having played both the Raiders and the Chargers actually helped I think, we they are California teams and that is where I am.

I want more memories like my XLV memories for this upcoming season and post season. I want to remember all the awesomeness that leads to a Super Bowl XLVII championship! If anyone knows of any maps or anything please let me know!!

As far as I can tell the first 3 games I will get to see. The 49ers games are always televised here. Then the Bears game is on Thursday Night and I have the NFL Network. The Seahawks game is a Monday game, so that one is a given. After that it gets iffy here in Chico. The Texans, Giants, and the second Lions game seem to be Nationally Televised games as well. That is 6 games out of 16 that I (we) get to see. RedZone will be fine, I guess, for the other games this season, but 38% of the season getting to be viewed in full just blows. Then, when the playoffs hit I will be in full dedication mode. Seeing every second of every game! Woooo! Should the major Networks have an on-demand feature where you can pick the games you want to watch? I mean, would it really be THAT hard to create a service like that for ANYONE with cable, not just Sunday Ticketers? I mean, you know that Fox is covering pretty much ALL the Packers games. Why won't Fox create an on-demand feature so that if you don't want to see the 49ers game, you can pick the Packers game?

How many games do you folks not in Wisconsin get see every season? How do you watch those that aren't in your market? Sunday Ticket? REdZone? Keep in mind, we can't talk about streaming games online.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the Sunday Ticket again this year. Got it free last year. This year it's cheaper so I ordered it.
The previous 2 seasons I got cheap and didn't get it, so I went to local sports bars for all the games not covered.

We have a Packer only sports bar here in the Dallas area and it's like a slice of Lambeau Field. It's a blast! Except the city, Addison, still is in the 1970's and allows smoking. So even us non-smokers leave that place having breathed in about 3 packs worth of smoke for a 3+ hour game.

But aside from taking off years of our life, it's some great memories. Even watched the Packers-Bears NFC Championship game there in Jan 2010.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sympathize with you. During the 70's and 80's I saw very, very few Packer games. I watched other games just to get a scoring update!!! It was misereable. I lived for the 1 or 2 games I would get on National TV each year. And yes I wanted to see the Packers even though they were lousy back then. Then came Direct TV and the Sports Bar thing which I did for a # of years. Finally I could see the Pack. But that required a 30 mile trip to DC and a risk on my permit for the alcohol I consumed while seeing them. Not proud of that but I never killed anyone or myself.

The only answer for you at this point is to endure, go to a sports bar(which is costly in the long run) or get Direct TV. It is a chunk of change but I'll go without food rather than not seeing the Packers play. Next to my wife, kids, grandkids and my dog I love the Packers. Wife thinks thats reversed. ;)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy does a fantastic job of displaying which games are being shown across the country, with a color-coded map. They're usually updated on Wednesdays.
http://the506.com/nflmaps/

I have DirecTV now, so I watch all the games that way. I negotiated that with my family. I am a pastor and frequently miss out on the first half of games, and without it, I would miss at least half the Packer games ( I live in Viking territory; barf).

But when I was attending seminary, in Minneapolis, there was a Buffalo Wild Wings near me that had a pretty good Packer following, and always showed the Packer games. So, every Sunday after church, I would head down there and watch the game with 10 or 12 other Packer fans. It was great. That is perhaps the only thing I miss about living in Minneapolis. Find a bar/restaurant near you that has Sunday Ticket, and go there for the games that aren't broadcast in your area.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't that what PackersEverywhere is for? I lived out of state last season, in fact I didn't even have cable tv or Internet. I looked up the closest Packers bar and it was about 10 miles away- that's pretty impressive for South Carolina, where no one watches pro football. I found an amazing group of transplants and retirees and watched the games with 40+ fans every week. You'd rather watch at home alone???

I just moved to Madison but I've already picked out a bar for next Thursday's game!

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How many games do you folks not in Wisconsin get see every season? How do you watch those that aren't in your market? Sunday Ticket? REdZone? Keep in mind, we can't talk about streaming games online.

Sunday Ticket is a scam. Directv uses it to get people to do a 2 year contract and then they charge $350 for it the second year. Their current commercial is particularly bad. They tell you, "And Sunday Ticket is included free of charge!" as if to imply that it ALWAYS is. If talk of streaming sources is banned for some reason (providing information alone is not illegal in this country, BTW) then this topic is moot.

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Sorry, DTV is the way to go. I pay $300 and its 50 a month for 6 months on the bill....worth every penny.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weird. I've been seeing DTV commercials for the last few months bragging at how "Sunday Ticket is the cheapest it's been in over a decade...." I never even thought it might only be in specific areas

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Weird. I've been seeing DTV commercials for the last few months bragging at how "Sunday Ticket is the cheapest it's been in over a decade...." I never even thought it might only be in specific areas

It started out to be $25o and a $100 extra for all games in HD and the Red Zone. Now I get it all for $3oo.

I used to get about 6 or 7 games a year here in Chicago and the rest I tuned into 620 radio. So its a no brainer to order the "Sunday Ticket".

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live by Rochester, NY and have Dish so the "Ticket" is not an option unfortunately. I try to hit a local bar for as many games as possible, but if you want to stay home there are always options.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PS...Kudos to the OP for representing out of town Packer fans. My dad's from WI and moved to NY years ago but my brother and I are and always will be die hards.

Lots of Packer fans out there...some have a personal connection with WI, while others just see an organization in which they like the history, and the current leadership generally handles things the right way. Can't tell you how many non-Packer fans here in Western NY have told me that they might not be Pack fans, but envy the way they do "business".

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If the Packers make another Super Bowl winning season, I want to see every second of it that I can … Then, when the playoffs hit I will be in full dedication mode. Seeing every second of every game!
But:
Of course the Super Bowl was just amazing … I was in the kitchen grabbing my plate of finger foods when Jordy caught his TD pass … My wife made me walk the dog when Jennings caught his first TD pass
:confused: :D

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in Ohio but kinda in the Pitt and Cinci market so I actually get quite a few Pack games on tv aside from when Fox has to play their favorite team (Cowboys). The australia/mexican broadcast works just fine when they aren't on......but I won't get into that any further.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunday Ticket is a scam. Directv uses it to get people to do a 2 year contract and then they charge $350 for it the second year. Their current commercial is particularly bad. They tell you, "And Sunday Ticket is included free of charge!" as if to imply that it ALWAYS is. If talk of streaming sources is banned for some reason (providing information alone is not illegal in this country, BTW) then this topic is moot.

I say not to talk about the streaming BECAUSE I was under the impression that the NFL has acted on this site before, warning us not to talk about it. I believe RobDawg says not to talk about it.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I usually wind up just watching bars on an espn gamecast. not nearly as good, but it'll do in a pinch

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Man, I lived in Superior, WI back in '87 and worked in Duluth, MN. The Duluth stations, of course, carried only Viking games. It was the longest season of my life...having to drive to Ashland on Sunday mornings to find a bar that could draw a Wisconsin market television station. I used to voluntarily stay longer at my mother-in-law's place when we were in Oshkosh on a weekend - just because I'd get to sit tight and actually get to watch a game, then, we'd leave at 3:30 for the 7-hour drive back to Superior. When I was in college, I did an 8-month internship in D.C. and voluntarily ended it early because football season was starting...hahaha...they thought I was nuts.

Times are a lot different now, but I still admire you out-of-state guys who really have "WORK" for it.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I say not to talk about the streaming BECAUSE I was under the impression that the NFL has acted on this site before, warning us not to talk about it. I believe RobDawg says not to talk about it.

Whether they have or not, they have no legal right to do so unless we post actual links to streams. The only thing they can legally do is go after the actual host of the streams. But some find it simply easier to voluntarily surrender their rights for convenience. Anyway...

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Sunday Ticket was $199 this year... There are sites out there that you can stream from for free but we cant post the links on PF anymore... Shoot me a PM with your email info and I can email them out on gamedays!

Headrush

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live by Rochester, NY and have Dish so the "Ticket" is not an option unfortunately. I try to hit a local bar for as many games as possible, but if you want to stay home there are always options.

Hey! I live about 30 min from Rochester NY too. We gotta catch up my man. Msg me

I have DirecTV too, and just got Sunday Ticket FOR FREE! Just called and spoke to the lady on the phone. Amazing what happens when you say please and thank you lol

NFL network usually airs the "best 3 games" of the week, and the way we were playing last season allowed me to see more games than usual

Members online

Latest posts