1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

For the Favre bashers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DePack, Sep 11, 2006.

1. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone that wants to put ANY of the blame yesterday on Brett Favre is an *****. I intentionally used the asterist so as not to get deleted. There are many of you who are already calling for his head. Do us, yourself and everyone else a favor. Take an icepick and forcefully jam it into your eyeballs because you don't deserve the pleasure of ever watching him again. Besides, you don't really know what you are watching anyway.

For the politically correct, if this seems too harsh, how about just having them removed and donated so the truly blind can get some use out of them!

2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett Favre should not be the scapegoat for this very bad football team.

3. saintfan

saintfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett is the best player on your team. No one comes close to his desire to win and his guts and determination is second to no ones. They already have his place in Canton ready.

4. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    brett's accuracy was a little off...but he also didn't have a lot of time to set his feet. I don't fault him for the ints either because the game was long gone by that time...he tended to make wise decisions while the pack were in the game.

This game was a team effort in ineptitude! You can't really point the finger at any one person/player

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I started a thread on Favre's accuracy. I'm NOT a "Favre basher". I just stated what i saw. I LOVE the guy and hope he sticks around for next season too.
    His passes for the most part were not the accurate lasers he usually throws. Even when he did have time, he looked nervous and off his game. Maybe it was because of the beating he took last year. In the past, he never looked ruffled when he got pressure.
    If you see my obsevations as "Favre bashing" you are wrong. I love and respect the guy. That doesn't mean i'm going to lie to myself and everyone else and say he looked great yesterday. I hope it was just a blip, and he returns to form. The ONLY hope this team has is Favre.

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the thing cheesey. Your not allowed to even criticize the guy. If you do people overreact. I thought Favre played an okay game up until the 2nd half. Then his accuracy just seemed to disappear. I understand he was trying to do something but those thrown balls were just awful.

Yesterday wasn't Favre's fault. It was the entire teams fault. From the Defense to the Offense to the Coaching. Everyone should be held accountable.

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Wake up porky.....it wasn't directed at cheesy. Have you not read any posts about replacing Favre with Rodgers already?

In your list of those to be held accountable I notice you left out TT. Perhaps he is the one that is untouchable and above criticism in your eyes.

8. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been criticizing TT since the Titan game now. I've questioned the McCarthy hire and the Manuel signing. The line looks awful as does the rest of the team. I’ve questioned keeping 4 WR’s, 4 TE’s, not signing a veteran lineman off of waiver wire.

^ I guess I think he is untouchable (sarcasm)

TT is obviously accountable for the players he brings in. The coaches and players need to get it together as well though. Out of everyone I think TT is the obvious answer to Packer fans right now.

9. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    If TT is the answer.....what is the question?

10. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Who is the obvious single person to blame for this current team?

I think most would see Ted Thompson.

It is now mostly his team. Last year it wasn't. He got rid of a lot of guys this off season and brought a lot of his in. I don't mine saving money but we need experience and it shows.

Does this mean he should be fired because of this loss? I don't think so. I don't think he will but after week 1 it's to early to throw him under the bus.

Now if this team doesn't improve from last year. If this team wins 0 to 4, even 5 games it might be time for a change. A change after this year probably won't be happening though.

11. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree....I don't think he should be fired yet. But if they still look bad at the end of the season I may change my mind.

12. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    you have to give a coach more than one year.

if the patriots acted like you guys... they wouldnt have three superbowls right now.

13. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Patience....even during a rebuilding project....does not come easy.

14. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

So let me get this straight.....we are rebuilding even though TT said we are not? Did TT casually forget to tell Brett this? Didn't TT give millions to an old Charles Woodson?

If the Packers win = TT is a genuis
    If the Packers lose = We are rebuilding

15. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

16. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I was talking about TT. Enough about the Patriots. Damn if you love them that much go visit there site. How did you feel about the firing of Ray Rhodes?

The bottomline is you have to show improvement. After one game I'm not ready to cut TT loose but again, at the end of the season we better be playing a helluva lot better.

17. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    ANY of the blame? Thats ridiculous.

Theres plenty of blame to go around, and Favre gets some of it too.

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I knew it wasn't directed at me Depack......i just wanted to state where i stand on this so that no one got the idea that i'm bashing Brett.
    I STILL think he is the best chance for this team to win.
    Favre used to make teams PAY for pressuring him, by making big plays when they would go after him. I think i'm spoiled by all the years he did that. I still have hope for this season.....though tempered a bit now.

19. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Yeah but you have got to remember he probably had more talent around him then

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh, i KNOW that Pyle. He did have better players with him. I'm just hoping he still can do what he has done his whole time here, make average players look great!

21. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett cant do it alone, but the sad thing is when the team is bad everyone blames Favre and they think he should retire. He is the best chance we have to win a game. The man still has it, but TT needs to get his finger out of his butt and get us some WR that can catch balls amongst other help as well...

I felt so sorry for Brett yesterday, the man needs somemore talent around him to get the job done. The only one he seems to trust is DD and these two cannot carry this team.

I was sad to see Brett not given a chance to throw more in the first half of the game, I didnt know what was going on..our running game was good I thought but the rest sucked...doesnt TT get it??? Who was calling the plays yesterday anyways?? Mr Magooooo????

22. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

POST OF THE YEAR! Blaming Brett for TT's and MM'S inabilities is sickening!

23. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I had the wrong opinion. I actually htought Favre was awesome in the first half fitting balls in to Donald where there was little room. I think by the time it was 20-0 he just seemed to lose his interest. If we were in the game we would of probably seen a different Brett in the 2'nd half. I do think he'll have to get chemistry with Jennings going if the passing game is going to work

24. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    DePack:

Good luck!

25. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Brett will do better as will the entire team next week. NO need for any head hunting.

Well, Woodson's maybe. I was high on him in the off season but he's worn his welcome out.