For the Favre bashers

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't understand why anytime anyone questions anything that
Brett does that we're not worthy of watching Brett play again. I've said this time and again, he is the best quarterback I've ever seen play this game. He might be the toughest man whose ever played this game. He is the ultimate warrior. He's not perfect. He's playing on a bad team and was lasts year too. However, he is the team leader. He and the center are the only guys who touch the ball on every offensive play. He controls the offense, even though it's an under-talented bad offense. He is the one player who has to remain in control at all times. When his team is behind he throws the ball up for grabs too often. Yeah sometimes he's going to make a play, sometimes he's not. But just because I disagree that Brett doesn't need to be immune from criticism doesn't mean I don't admire him .

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting back to the original post: Who are all these people who are blaming Brett for this loss? I want names.

What I've seen on this board is that everybody seems to agree that Favre played very well in the first half (it's hard to think otherwise when he completed every pass he threw), but lost his accuracy in the second half, when the Packers fell behind, and then threw a couple balls up for grabs toward the end. He did not play well in the second half, but clearly this loss was on the O-line, defense, and special teams, not on Favre.

GBpsyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont care what anyone thinks, I want Aaron Rodgers to start.We are in love with Favre from what he has done in the past, as we should.This is a young team with a new coaching staff, and in order to grow together we need a young QB in there.Anybody with half a brain knows we are NOT going to the playoffs, so why on earth is Favre playing??We are now 9 years removed from a SB apperance, and IMO, Favre has not been the same since Holmgren left.The Lambeau mystique is long gone, and its time to look to the future, not at the past.I love Brett, but its time for him to go golfing.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBpsyco said:
I dont care what anyone thinks, I want Aaron Rodgers to start.We are in love with Favre from what he has done in the past, as we should.This is a young team with a new coaching staff, and in order to grow together we need a young QB in there.Anybody with half a brain knows we are NOT going to the playoffs, so why on earth is Favre playing??We are now 9 years removed from a SB apperance, and IMO, Favre has not been the same since Holmgren left.The Lambeau mystique is long gone, and its time to look to the future, not at the past.I love Brett, but its time for him to go golfing.

You are totally wrong here, with Favre we have a chance to win, with Rodgers we do NOT...Rodgers still can have a few more years to learn and watch the best QB to ever play the game (Favre)...Yes Favre has done great things and not just in the past in the present to. If they decide to sit Brett out I will be sitting out as well cause it surely wouldnt be fair...

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I am of the opinion that the PICKS Farve threw were straight up bad throws. PERIOD. Is Farve one of the best to play the game YOU BET. Here is how I saw the Game

Positives: Farve did play with control through three quaters. Ahman ran great and was a huge positive. Henderson was out so that affected pass blocking. (Most forget zone blocking favors more mobile qb's Farve does ok but does not run like he used to.

Negatives: FARVE LEFT HIS TEAM ON THE FIELD AT THE END OF THE GAME (NO EXCUSE FOR THAT) YOU WIN AND LOSE AS A TEAM BE THERE FOR THEM. SECONDARY STRAIGHT UP SUCKED Special teams looked like special kids at times.

I look for better outings but I EXPECT FARVE TO BE MORE OF A LEADER AT NOT RUN AWAY FROM A LOSS.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Brett will do better as will the entire team next week. NO need for any head hunting.

Well, Woodson's maybe. I was high on him in the off season but he's worn his welcome out.

I actually re watched the game and as bad as this will sound, Woodson probably out played Al Harris. Harris was awful but worse of Manuel looked horrible. I don't think Woodson was as bad as proclaimed. In fact nobody said anything on the radio about the play of Woodson today and rightfully so.

He didn't give up a 50 yard bomb to the #2 WR. Manuel and Harris were on him and had a blown converage. Harris had a bad day covering Muhammed. With this said Harris is the better player and will rebound.

Woodson will never live up to the money he's making. To do that he'll need to make the Pro Bowl every year he's here. He won't do that but if he doesn't give up the big play and plays consistent I'm happy with that but most probably wouldn't.

We'll see if he can be consistent.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
Anyone that wants to put ANY of the blame yesterday on Brett Favre is an *****.

ANY of the blame? Thats ridiculous.

Theres plenty of blame to go around, and Favre gets some of it too.

I have to say something to the post you made one that was locked before I got the chance to reply. yes anyone can criticize Favre if he deserves it, but he dont deserve it now. How do you know that Jennings maybe wasnt in the spot he was suppose to be to catch that ball thrown to him?? We dont know that...yes Favre has made many interceptions, but wouldnt you to if you got sick of loosing week in and week out?? You would try to do something to get the team motivated and back on track...comes time in every game when you are loosing big time why not take chances down field?? You have nothing to loose....but at least Brett is trying to turn things around, he is competive and wants to win...I give him props for doing that not anykind of bashing...the lose last night wasnt on him, it was a variety of reasons that we lost that game...

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
tromadz said:
DePack said:
Anyone that wants to put ANY of the blame yesterday on Brett Favre is an *****.

ANY of the blame? Thats ridiculous.

Theres plenty of blame to go around, and Favre gets some of it too.

I have to say something to the post you made one that was locked before I got the chance to reply. yes anyone can criticize Favre if he deserves it, but he dont deserve it now. How do you know that Jennings maybe wasnt in the spot he was suppose to be to catch that ball thrown to him?? We dont know that...yes Favre has made many interceptions, but wouldnt you to if you got sick of loosing week in and week out?? You would try to do something to get the team motivated and back on track...comes time in every game when you are loosing big time why not take chances down field?? You have nothing to loose....but at least Brett is trying to turn things around, he is competive and wants to win...I give him props for doing that not anykind of bashing...the lose last night wasnt on him, it was a variety of reasons that we lost that game...

Funny Heather understands more about being competitive and playing at a high level while others clearly do not.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I give him props for doing that not anykind of bashing...the lose last night wasnt on him, it was a variety of reasons that we lost that game...

I completely agree with this last sentence. Yesterday wasn't on him. Not at all. Did he play good? Not really, up until the 3rd he was good but after that he just let it loose. The whole team played awful and should be blamed along with the coaching. Add that to the Bears are just the better team. Hard to accept but that Defense is very good and if Grossman steps up they might be playing in Miami this year.

Now what I hate (I also hate the Favre bashers statement as well, we are all Packer fans) and I will get criticized for this but if Favre plays like he did last year. Gets away from what the coaches want him to do and that's play more conservative and control the clock. If Favre goes away from that and just starts forcing things all over the place, he needs to be held accountable. That really didn't happen yesterday. We didn't see the offense that much. What 8 minutes in the 1st half. That's not good at all.

IF Favre does do what he did a year ago and granted we had a lot of injuries last year but if he does do it, it's time to wake up and realize Favre is just as accountable for those 29 INT's as anyone else was last year. There is no way the receiver ran the wrong route 29 times and Favre threw it to the defender every time. That's not a coincidence. That's not the WR's fault every time and never Favre‘s. It is what it is and that’s a bad throw.

I do have one example from yesterday though and it was late so a big deal should not be made. Favre's throw to I believe Jennings was awful as was his other one. The o-line picked up the blitz and Favre had time. He stepped up and made the throw and it was just awful. If that starts happening all year long then yes I believe in all my heart Brett Favre deserves some of the blame just like Mike McCarthy and everyone else in the Packer organization. He's done a lot and I know all are all grateful but sometimes you need to move on and we might be at that point. It's only week 1 so who knows. A lot can happen but things aren't looking good for the Green Bay Packers and that includes Favre. The 49ers moved on with out Montana and eventually whether it’s Favre retiring or getting traded, the Green Bay Packers will move on without #4 as well. The worse part of this is Mike McCarthy and his coaching staff along with the current front office will be known as the party that drove Favre out of Green Bay. That’s not true. Favre will be 38. That’s pretty old for an NFL QB. Only Brad Johnson is older for a starter and he’s as likely to retire as Favre as well next year but if this staff and management is here they will be known to of driven Favre out.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you throw a pass 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad.
Favre is not throwing the ball around recklessly as some here suggest.

He is not calling the plays, he is trying to execute the play called by the coaching staff.
I guarantee you that favre is not saying to hell with it I don't care what happens.
This man is a competitor and is trying to complete every pass and win every game. For anyone to think otherwise is clueless.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
When you throw a pass 3 things can happen and 2 of them are bad.
Favre is not throwing the ball around recklessly as some here suggest.

He is not calling the plays, he is trying to execute the play called by the coaching staff.
I guarantee you that favre is not saying to hell with it I don't care what happens.
This man is a competitor and is trying to complete every pass and win every game. For anyone to think otherwise is clueless.

Favre said himself that he won't change the way he plays. McCarthy said after a practice in which Favre threw 5 INT's that forcing things can't be tolerated. The talent isn't there where he can get away with throwing into double and triple coverage. Like I said nothing wrong with the picks he had yesterday. They didn't really affect the game. The game was over but if it's a close game or even early on then that's just a bad mistake.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya Porky we all need to find some middle ground. To blame Favre for yesterday is ridiculous but to act as if he's never done anything wrong is just as bad. I'm hoping after next week we'll be back to praising him and the receivers. We all know if one area is good they usually all are and when one is bad ditto. There is a reason it's called a team game, so I don't expect more from Brett or the O-line or defence or receivers. I expect more from the GreenBay Packers!

Members online

Latest posts