First Last Favorite

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What were your first and last games at Lambeau and your all time favorite Packer games?

My first Packer game was the 1965 NFL Championship Game with the great Jimmy Brown and the Clevland Browns. It was what turned out to be the first of three in a row. I feel pretty lucky.

My last game at Lambeau was the first game in the "new" stadium against the Queens. Not so good.

My all time favorite is the Ice Bowl. It was a great game and gave us a shot at three NFL Championships in a row. It had looked pretty dreary until that last drive. In those days the home games were blacked out so we drove to a friends house because they could get the Milwaukee stations and we could watch the game.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First was the brown back in 93(? maybe). Last was the Bronco game on 12.28.03 when the cards beat the vikes the place went nuts. Plus the pack took apart the broncos so that was nice too.

Favorite (that I attended?) would be the Nov 23rd against the cowladies.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favorite Packer game has to SB XXXI, no doubt.

My first Packer game at Lambeau was against the Cowboys in '89, one week before the big Herschel Walker to the Vikings deal. The Pack destroyed the Cowboys in Herschel's last game in Dallas and then if you all remember, got vengeance as the Vikes destroyed the Pack the following week (we won't talk about that though).

My last Packer game was this past season against the Cowboys (coincidentally). The Packers had an awesome day, Favre was flawless, Green rushed for well over 100 with a 90+ yard TD, and Walker was amazing. Good times, good times! :D

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my first and last game at lambeau...n/a

but some of my favorite packer games, during my lifetime other than the obvious (super bowl)

Divisional playoffs @ San Fran., 1996...the 49ers were the top seed in the NFC, the Packers went in there as underdogs and went up on the 49ers early by 2 or 3 touchdowns and didn't look back.

Monday Oct. 14, 1996...vs. San Fran...Chris Jacke in overtime, I remember staying up past my "bedtime" to watch that one

Monday Dec. 3, 2001...vs. Jacksonville...Monday night, down 21-7, Favre leads us back for the 28-21 win

Monday Dec. 22, 2003...@ Oakland...Favre's first game after his father's death, electrifying...

Friday Dec. 24, 2004...@ Minnesota...Christmas Eve, out of all the close game wins with the Vikings, this one was the best, won the division, truly had the big game feel, Javon was a big star...

wow I just noticed this team makes some noise on national TV...

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first Packer Game was in 1973 vs. Vikings, my last Packer game was the playoff game vs. Atlanta. I have so many favorite games, however, I think my favorite game was the San Francisco playoff game in 1995, which turned out to be their coming out party. I also enjoyed the 1993 playoff game against the Lions when they held Barry to -1 yard.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah the young. I really don't know the first game I attended, but it was in old City Stadium. We used to climb over the old wooden wall,because we didn't have the money to pay those high prices to get into the stadium $1.50-$2.50-$3.50 in the late 1940's. The Packer security people usually left us stay after half time and put us on the grass in the east end zone at the old stadium. We'd go to any lengths to see out heros like Tony Canadeo, didn't make any difference if the lost which they did most of the time during 1949 -1958 era of Packer football. They were Packers!! Favorite game, the Ice Bowl between the Packers and Colts at Lambeau Field- Packers 21 Cowboys 17. We all survived the -17 below tempertures and -48 below Wind chill factor, the worst weather conditions that a Packer game has ever been played in at Green Bay. Four hours out at the Stadium watching the Ice Bowl was the coldest , I have ever felt in my life time. By that time, I was paying to see Packer games, and had Packer season tickets.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first game in in '98 with Tampa Bay. Great Game. Great time
My last game was last December with the Lions. Pulled it out in the end again.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First game was in September of 2002 vs. the Falcons (great overtime game but bloody hot). Last was the loss to the Queens in the playoffs this past year. Favourite has to be the playoff win vs. the Seahawks, though Brett's 200th start vs. the Rams was a pretty great one too.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
My first Packer Game was in 1973 vs. Vikings, my last Packer game was the playoff game vs. Atlanta. I have so many favorite games, however, I think my favorite game was the San Francisco playoff game in 1995, which turned out to be their coming out party. I also enjoyed the 1993 playoff game against the Lions when they held Barry to -1 yard.

After reading this post, I have to recant or at least add the Detroit Playoff game to my list as well. Holding Sanders to -1 yard was absolutely awesome. I was waiting for Barry to get that 60+ yard run and it never came. I guess I got so used to watching the guy get 1 yard a carry or even losing yards before busting the "big one". The big one never came that day! Oh yes, I remember that one well! :D

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first game at Lambeau was--can't remember the year--senility setting in--when the Vikings came to Lambeau and thought they had won the game. Then Freeman caught the ball for a touchdown. First time at Lambeau and loved the crowd excitement--especially after that game. My last game was last December when they played Detroit. Thought they were going to lose that one, but they pulled it off. One of the best things about that day was when MN lost--again memory going--to whomever they were playing. And they thought they had won the game. Couldn't believe the crowd when MN lost. Everyone waiting for the Packer game to start let out a great big cheer. :D :) :lol: :p :wink:

Members online

Latest posts