1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Finley trade bait

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rodell330, Sep 20, 2012.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    with all this talk about Jennings potentially being traded what about Finley?

Younger guy who has the talent to be the best Tightend in football. I say we send him back home to Texas for Ben Tate:D Houston needs a tight end from what i hear.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    I agree with the concept but who do you replace him with? I don't think there is anyone on the roster ready and healthy.

3. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I wuldn't trade him for anything less than a first round pick or a pro bowl caliber LT.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    Green blood, don't put that stuff up on the screen and expect me to participate in a serious conversation! Now..........
    what about tight ends????????

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +417
    Finley will NOT be traded. If things do not work out this year, we cut him loose and he becomes a free agent. We have too many needs of players to keep, and while he can be a great player, would you replace Finley for Jennings, Matthews, Raji, or Rodgers?

6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I agree I don't think anything will happen during this season and unless he makes a dramatic improvement, he won't be back next season. He's the best we have at the moment, though maybe DJ Williams will start to emerge.

7. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    I just like the Michelle Jenneke .gif in your signature.

8. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    I dunno who or what we could get for him, if we decide to trade. However, I think Ben Tate would be kind of redundant since we have Cedric Benson AND more at that position. I really think Saine could be big.

All this being said, I think the Packers are thinking about SOMETHING because they just posted something on facebook about Rodgers' leadership abilities and how he is one. Like they need to justify that somehow? Rodgers is clearly a great leader. The way he got on James Jones for the bad route, he also admitted to the week 1 interception being his fault.

Also, not to take anything away from Jordy or anyone else, but do you think they would have half the stats they do now if it weren't for Rodgers? How about a Super Bowl ring? That is not to say that Rodgers would have one without those guys though. They are a team, they kick butt together and make EVERYONE better, not just Rodgers making them better. It is a team effort. Rodgers is a field general, and a GREAT QB!

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Sure, why not?

Doubt anyone would give us a 1st for him. Not even sure he would get us a high second.

Would a team trade for him if they knew we were not going to resign him?

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Little known fact

Finley is MM's "guy" it will take a TON to allow Mike to let him go

11. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Just a reminder, there are about 25 teams out there that would LOVE to have Finley.

12. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    No way do we get a pro bowl LT for him but it would be nice. If that was going to happen we would have to send alot more than Finley. If we were to go to Cleveland and say here ya go, you can have Finley and our 1st round pick for Joe Thomas even then they would probably tell us to go kick rocks. We'd have a much better chance with aquiring someone like Tate who is a part time player but has been very productive in the ZONE BLOCKING scheme...and guess what? we use the same blocking scheme. Hmmm??

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I heard they were going to trade him but he kept dropping the pen to sign the papers

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Typical fan over-valuing the players on their roster. Finley's not proven consistent enough to warrant that much compensation.

15. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Not likely, unless they REALLY wanted him.

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Agree. It's funny that the past 3 seasons we have seen 3 players suggested by fans to trade that fans are always over valuing. Aj hawk, James jones, and now Finley. No one is going to give much for these players. Finley has talent but drops the ball all the time, has an uncertain contract, and is in the news for his mouth more often than his play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,057
    Just like Jennings, the decision of what to do with him will be after this season. Finley is due to make 4.5 million plus 3.5 million roster bonus by march of next year. If he plays like he's capable, they'll pay him. If not, he'll be gone for a couple of low draft choices. I'd love to see him become "the guy", but he's driving me crazy right now.

18. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    On th contrary, what i'm seeing is a typical under-valuing by a few fans of a player they've decided to hate for whatever reason. Happens all the time. You do realize he had the best receiving performance of any packer TE ever, right? Even with the drops no packer TE every put up numbers like that before.

19. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    The problem with that thinking is that there is no "the guy" in this offense.

20. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Bad idea. Tate does nothing for us that we can't already do. He's also no better than Benson.

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    best receiving performance of any packer te ever? You mean in a single game?

I thought his agent said he is a WR and should be paid like one...