Finally saw superbowl 1

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was having football witdrawal and was lurking on youtube for games, highlights etc.., and came across this today. Not like todays HD games but a good watch.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This to me is real football. They started getting rid of real football in the mid-late 80's. Nowadays if you touch a guy you get flagged 15. Back then you could bite, clothesline etc, and rarely was anything called.

OP
OP
Voltron

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed the Clotheline. Anyone remember Charles Martin and his hit list? But I think every sport has gotten softer. I remember back in the 8O;s we use to play basketball in NYC and we seldom heard foul. The motto then was no blood, no foul. Today I see kids calling foul on everything.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** Night Train Lane was a master at clothesline and head tackles

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that you've watched Super Bowl I, get your hands on the Bob McGinn book about each super bowl. He has a lot of great interviews in there with the coaches and players that give you a better flavor for how the game played out.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Clay Mathews had connected on this hit......... Wilson leaves on a stretcher, and we win the championship game... He shanked the hit, and almost broke him...

I loved it and i want more...

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If you haven't seen Super Bowl I before perhaps you haven't seen the Ice Bowl - if you can get the entire game on youtube, or elsewhere, I recommend it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I watched half of Super Bowl one with my Dad and brothers. I got so excited about football that my friends and I went out to play football at halftime and never came back in for the rest of the game. (Those were the days when kids actually went outside to play. ;))

OP
OP
Voltron

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that you've watched Super Bowl I, get your hands on the Bob McGinn book about each super bowl. He has a lot of great interviews in there with the coaches and players that give you a better flavor for how the game played out.

I think I seen the book in Barnes and nobles. I usually go to Barnes and nobles for chess games and i will check to see if its there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts