Final 2022 Mock Draft (For me that is)

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok gang,

Let me start by saying I don't expect most of the trades I made to happen as is with the pick haul I got. It's what I was allowed to do. Without further adieu here is the final 2022 Mock for me.

Pick 22: Flipped to Kansas City for Picks 29, 103, 121, 135, 233, 243, 251 and 259

Pick 28: WR George Pickens - Georgia: 6'3 200. Admittedly I thought I could get Nakobe Dean here and Pickens at 29. Dean went at 25 to Buffalo, so I drafted Pickens.

Pick29: Flipped to Atlanta for Picks 43, 114, 151, 190, 213, 4th 5th 6th and 7th round in 2023, and 5th 6th 7th round in 2024

Pick 43: Jaquan Brisker S Penn State - 6'1 199. This is a guts and talent pick. Watched him get hurt twice against Wisconsin in 2021 and make the game saving play late to preserve the win for PSU. Would be a big addition to the Packers secondary.

Pick 53: Flipped to Buffalo for picks 57, 168, 185, 203 and 231

Pick 57: Kingsley Enagbare EDGE South Carolina - 6'4 258. Looking for a guy who year one can be depth, and move into a starting role late year 1 or training camp year two. I think he can be that.

Pick 59: Jalen Tolbert WR South Alabama - 6'1 194. Other than Treylon Burks this is my favorite wide receiver in the draft. Looks and plays bigger than the measureables. Should be able to step in and get a top 4 spot early in year 1

Pick 92: Kellen Diesch T Arizona State - 6'7 300. Big guy, need position. No way do we trade up for Charles Cross in round 1. In my book 2nd best tackle in the draft. Might wanna have him hit the buffet bar a bit and get to 320. I can see him at RT early (need spot) and or eventually swinging over to LT for Bakhtiari when he's done or when injured.

Pick 103: DeAngelon Male EDGE Western Kentucky - 6'4 240. Light to be an EDGE, maybe he can be that swing Linebacker Brad Jones was 10 years ago, where he's really good roaming around like Jones was. (The problem with Jones remember is when you locked him into one spot for too long and he got exposed)

Pick 114: Danny Gray WR SMU - 6'1 180. Great #1B at SMU over the last 2 seasons. Stepped up for QB Tanner Mordecai when Roberson went down. Most would see Roberson as better (Myself included) but Roberson is sliding off the boards into the UDFA range. Probably because of the knee injury suffered in 2020.

Pick 121: Marquis Hayes G Oklahoma - 6'5 318. Ran a 5.3 in the 40 which is pretty fast for a lineman. Need position. Right side of the O-Line is a mess as it stands due to injuries, in-affectiveness and FA.

Pick 132: Logan Bruss T Wisconsin - 6'5 309. Wisconsin is a run first team. Bruss was a road grader in the revitalized running game for the Badgers in 2021. Also based for the same reasons this is a need pick.

Pick 135: Kevin Austin Jr. WR Notre Dame: 6'2 200 Speed guy. Plays fast. We need multiple drafted receivers hoping we can hit on 2, and thin out the bottom of the WR room.

Pick 140: Traded to the Rams for Picks 142 and 253.

Pick 142: Damone Clark LB LSU - 6'3 240-245. I like my Inside Linebackers you guys know that by now. Campbell and Barnes are gonna be good together. Can we slide in a rookie and make that combination great with Campbell? 2021 played him into the 4th round from a 1st or 2nd. Was it effort, or injury I couldn't tell as I did see him several times.

Pick 151: Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame- 5'9 199. Saw every game this kid played last year. Surprised he only measures 5'9, I would've guessed 5'11. We need a speed back in case Jones goes down, as that change of pace for Dillon or to give him a blow in those situation. Williams is that guy. Kylin Hill, may not be.

Pick 168: Lecitus Smith G Virginia Tech - 6'3 314. Newman was a disaster, Runyan can only play one spot, Jenkins is on PUP, and probably out until Thanksigiving. I'd rather have 7 guards fighting for 1 or 2 spots, than try to play with 3 offensive lineman.

Pick 171: Zachary Thomas T San Diego State - 6'5 308. A little bigger than Bakhtiari ran sub 5 in the 40. Picked because I couldn't tell you with Dennis Kelly visiting other teams who the RT is on opening day. We need bodies!

Pick 185: Flipped to Washington for Pick 189 and a 7th in 2023. I had wanted to take Jake Ferguson here but he was taken at 183 hence the trade.

Pick 189: Flipped to the Chargers for Picks 195 and 260.

Pick 195: Jason Poe G Mercer - 6'2 295. Need pick. Haven't seen his film. Thinking this is a last day cut or potentially a depth pick more than looking for a starter.

Pick 203: Brock Purdy QB Iowa State - 6'1 212. Played himself down the board last year. Based on 2020 probably a 4th rounder. 165th rated player on the draft board. Getting him in the early 200s, not expecting him to be more than a backup in GB. Would have to show alot in year 3 or 4 once Rodgers is gone to be the guy if Love falls on his face. Least favorite of the 2 yes 2 QBs I draft.

Pick 213: Josh Johnson WR Tulsa - 5'9 220. Is he an actual WR or more of a scat back type guy. Could he fill the Randall Cobb role out of the backfield and in the slot?

Pick 228: Jack Sanborn LB Wisconsin - 6'2 235. To me he's better than Chenal in the run game. Chenal is more valuable rushing the passer which is not something the Packers ask of the ILBs. Is he a depth pick/special teamer replacing Summers, or does he become that low draft pick that slides in with Campbell as a starter?

Pick 231: Noah Elliss DL Idaho - 6'4 346. Big guy, can give Clark a blow when needed. Spending an early 7th on him seems worth it. Maybe he works out maybe not. Should at least push Heflin in the rotation.

Pick 233: Brad Hawkins S Michigan - 6'1 221. We need secondary help. Safety play late wasn't great, needs to improve. 2nd one taken, should make the roster from a depth spot.

Pick 243: Connor Heyward TE Michigan State - 5'11 233. Very surprised at the measureables. Plays bigger. Saw him against Michigan

Pick 249: Doug Kramer C Illinois - 6'2 305. Hansen isn't gonna pan out. We need a back up at Center with Patrick gone. Mid-7th for that seems like value to me. Saw Kramer play for Illinois I think he can handle the job. Not sure if he could be a long term guy.

Pick 258: Austin Deculus T LSU - 6'5 321. Played himself down the board. Late 7 is value for him. I think he's a depth guy, I don't think he's a starter maybe until year 3 unless there are injuries, but maybe he could be before then.

Pick 259: Nephi Sewell LB Utah - 6'0 228. Slightly undersized Linebacker. Possibly a special teamer. Might be better than Summers defensively. Haven't seen him play but hadn't seen Summers coming out of TCU either.

Pick 260: Jack Coan QB Notre Dame - 6'3 223. Slightly bigger than Rodgers. Mobility issues, injury issues in 2020. Great decision maker. I see him potentially as this years Mac Jones from a taking care of the ball standpoint.

That's it folks, no more mocks in 2022 for me. As I said I wouldn't expect alot of the trades for picks to actually happen if this was the real world. Admittedly on 2 of the guys I should've looked at the measurables before drafting, and didn't, then again I'm not a GM.

Reaction score
5 WR
4 OT
3 Guards
2 QB’s
2 Safeties
2 Edges

2 ILB
1 C
1 TE
1 DT

0 CB

That’s enough to fill both the entire O and entire D
And have a ST player left over.

I LOVE it! :)

PS. Tell Amari and Cobb to pack their stuff. They’re done!

Tell Love to kick rocks.

Tell Barnes “See ya! Wouldn’t wanna be ya!”

Also. That starting OL can get lost. Don’t need their redundancy. I never really like them anyway.:sneaky:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5 WR
4 OT
3 Guards
2 QB’s
2 Safeties
2 Edges

2 ILB
1 C
1 TE
1 DT

0 CB

That’s enough to fill both the entire O and entire D
And have a ST player left over.

I LOVE it! :)

PS. Tell Amari and Cobb to pack their stuff. They’re done!

Tell Love to kick rocks.

Tell Barnes “See ya! Wouldn’t wanna be ya!”

Also. That starting OL can get lost. Don’t need their redundancy. I never really like them anyway.:sneaky:
Realistically I'm trying to come up with contingency plans in case Newman and Amari don't work out. We also have 2 spots on the O-Line (From what I can see) WIDE OPEN! As far as Barnes as I said I like him, but can we do better? Maybe maybe not I don't know.

Oh AND if I could've drafted that partridge in a pear tree I would've! :laugh:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there usually a live draft thread similar to the shoutbox where all of the sky is falling (Gute should be fired) guys post? That could be almost as much fun as the draft itself.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there gonna be an official day one draft board thread? I dunno...if I am gonna be around anyway. I am in the mountains. Want to see someone here....but no luck so far. Going fishing soon.

Members online

Latest posts