Announcement Figuring out the Virus Popups that are Happening on this Site

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are getting a virus popup or a download popup from this site, I need you to post the following information in this thread:
  1. Virus or Malware Information in the Popup
  2. Your Operating System with Version
  3. Your Browser with Version
  4. What Page you were Viewing
  5. Time of Day (roughly)
The more information I have the better off I will be at trying to figure out the problem.

Thanks everyone for their help.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are getting a virus popup or a download popup from this site, I need you to post the following information in this thread:
  1. Virus or Malware Information in the Popup
  2. Your Operating System with Version
  3. Your Browser with Version
  4. What Page you were Viewing
  5. Time of Day (roughly)
The more information I have the better off I will be at trying to figure out the problem.

Thanks everyone for their help.

windows XP not sure as this is a work computer and cant access everything

435 am packer time

firefox- 7.01

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.packerforum.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Advisory provided by
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for packerforum.com

What is the current listing status for packerforum.com?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.​
What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-10-23, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS25653 (FORTRESSITX), AS25973 (GTT).​
Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, packerforum.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.​
Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.​
Next steps:

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
www.packerforum.com contains malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified www.packerforum.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www.packerforum.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer, proceed anyway.
Help improve detection of malware by sending additional data to Google about sites on which you see this warning. This data will be handled in accordance with the Safe Browsing privacy policies.

Windows 7
Google Chrome Version 15.0.874.106
All pages so far
5:02 a.m.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting full scans done today on the servers if the problem continues I will be getting new servers and moving sites one by one to see if that fixes the problem. Going to be a long day today that is for sure.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Not that it is worth anything, but I feel for you. I think I speak for each of us when I say thank you for all you do to make this forum a reality. Your hard work is not unnoticed, nor unappreciated.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Thanks Neilfli for typing my exact sentiments! I don't get anything weird using my phone...but then again the shout box and PM's and the "like" options are not available. I hope you figure out quickly for your sake.
All of your hard work really is appreciated! I'll keep checking back and via phone for the "all clear"!!

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you guys are still seeing the popups as of right now. These should be fixed.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I am still getting them. This page load the popup so I tried two others (the next two on the most recent update page) and they both had the popup as well.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I didn't try logging on since I ran the virus scan,.. so maybe that is the case.

So far everything is great! I'm going to check out the tailgate pic's before I gotta go!

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we can clear our cache, browsing history or cookies? I haven't got any pop ups since I've been back on here as of 4:14pm EST. Earlier I got the same Google message as LTF posted.

It should be cleaned up. Google gave us the thumbs up now, disaster averted! Definitely adding a new item to my admin checklist, that is for sure!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts