1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Favre press conference

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by cheesey, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I honestly don't think I could watch it. I'm not taking his retirement very well right now.

I heard about it from my friend who's a Niner fan. He had difficulty watching it.

2. eap33

eap33 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Transcript link anyone? I hate not having speakers. I think it'll be easier to read than to try to watch without getting choked up anyway...

3. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Awww what a great guy Midwest thanks for transcript buddy very sad to read

5. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is getting hilarious.

All I've done is quote things you've said. I haven't "twisted" anything you've said, seeing that I used quotes straight from your posts.

Well, I'll give you the last word, cause I'm retiring from this thread. Rail me into the ground if it makes you feel better. There is a 100% chance I will never post in this thread again.

6. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What? No windspeed, heading, dinner menu?? :D

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970

A new level of stalking :p

Follow the airplane on your computer

LOL

8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for posting the link to the transcript Midwest.

I knew it. I didn't think MM or TT were any part of the blame. I just wanted it said for the record so we could move on.

I as much as anyone want Brett to play one more year, but I guess we have to admit that it's not going to happen.

Best of luck to Aaron. I hope he can get us some Rings.

9. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Brett is one hell of an honest guy...always has been.

I wish him & his family well!

10. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Watching him today brought tears to my eyes.

11. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Your not alone.

12. joym13

joym13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm so glad I was at work just listening, or I would have been crying with him!

13. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Is there a video of this on the web anywhere? All I can find is articles.

14. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  15. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That quote really says it all. The sad thing is people are going through a state of denial and will look to blame someone else and that guy will be TT. Favre retired because as he put it, he didn't want to play football any longer. Unfortunately some fans will not accept that.

I wish everyone could look ahead. It's tough but I know if I ever have kids then I'll be able to tell them about Brett Favre like my family told me about Bart Starr. We got to witness one of the greatest if not the greatest Packer in the history of the team. That's pretty cool in my opinion.

16. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Deanna was already in Green Bay. Brett flew with out Deanna.

17. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    That quote does say a lot. It should answer a lot as well.

18. Packers_Fan

Packers_Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Very hard to watch, a great guy and a great player.

We will miss him that's for sure and he is finished for good. Looking at that video he doesn't want to retire but he knows that it is time to go. I would like to wish him and his family well.

It has been a joy to watch you and have you play for an Organisation as great as the Packers.

God bless you Brett Favre. :)

19. bakler

bakler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I only caught the beginning but it was more than enough to make me shed some tears. I was at the Viking game at the Metrodome as well to see him break the record and it was the first ever Packer game i had ever been to. 2nd best moment in my life right behind my daughter being born. I miss you already Brett.

20. Rios39

Rios39 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was tough. It's just amazing how time flys by. I remember watching the Packers for my first whole year in 1997 when we lost to Denver. After that game and around that time I still always thought to myself "Wow Favre is still 27 or 28 still so much left to give ...1 SB 1SB loss 3 time MVP"

That just seems like yesterday now. But it's amazing how much the time has went and now instead of being 28 with a lot to give he's 38 with nothing to give. That press conference was really a reality check not just the Favre era being over but just how quick life goes. I bet Favre feels the same way and finds that it was yes a long career but the 17 years just passed him by...

21. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was the hardest thing I ever had to watch, it was so emotional and so honest. I needed lots of kleenex watching it. Its so sad, but he is going out with his head held high just like he says. I have never felt so depressed and sad. This must have been such a hard decision for him and Deeana to make. But he does deserve a long rest after 17 years.

God Bless you Brett, Deeana and your family, you have given me so much joy every Sunday watching you. You are the BEST!!! See you in Kenton.

22. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The strangest part of that press conference was seeing the subtitle on the bottom of the screen: "Brett Favre - Former Green Bay Quarterback".

I am not sure why, but that really hit me as he's done.

23. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like anyone can really choose one but to me the line that stuck out was Favre saying he hopes every penny the Packers spent on him was money well spent.

I thought that was sincere and you could tell he really meant it. Not a lot of players would say something like that and really mean it. I mean he broke down trying to say it. A lot of guys would take money and that's the end of it, they got paid but Favre wanted to earn it. That's also another reason why he was such a good fit for the community of Green Bay I think we can all agree the it was money well spent.

24. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Finally got a chance to watch all the way through. Unfortunately Heather used up all the Kleenex!

All I can say is they had better start planning now for the 2013 HOF ceremony. There is still time to build a larger stadium as they're gonna need one! He meant so much to so many and I doubt that will change much in 5 yrs.

One of my favorite quotes from the day:

Deanna told me on the way over her that her sister had called her, Christy, and said that Marshall Faulk was wondering what I was going to wear. Well, Marshall, here I am. This is about as dressed up as you're going to see. I thought about wearing a suit, I really did. I thought about shaving. But, what you see is what you get. And I hope that I never change. I don't think I will. I hope that people appreciate that side of me because it is real, obviously. And it's the way I played the game. I've always said that people watching in the stands I could see them saying, 'If I could play, that's the way I'd want to play.' And that is important to me because that's the only way I know how to play it. That's the only way I know how to dress. That's the only way I know how to act. Right or wrong, it's the only way and I think people do appreciate that.

25. Sangill

Sangill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Of course I missed it yesterday - knew it was coming, but couldn't get home in time. Packinsteel, any chance you got a link for the presser (prefereably the entire thing)?