Favre press conference

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
trippster said:
it will be 20 min late. brett is still flying into GB. He will land at 11:18 if my info is correct

Pretty detailed there Trippster

find out why it was delayed, classic Brett IMO

NFLN said they ran into some bad weather coming up from Mississippi.

Brett was running behind this morning is what David said..

He was probably cutting his grass or chopping a tree and forgot the time..

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bigfog said:
longtimefan said:
trippster said:
it will be 20 min late. brett is still flying into GB. He will land at 11:18 if my info is correct

NFLN said they ran into some bad weather coming up from Mississippi.

Brett was running behind this morning is what David said..

He was probably cutting his grass or chopping a tree and forgot the time..

That sounds about right. Didn't he say that cutting grass is one of his favorite things to do?

freethrowdunk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man he is making me cry. What a great guy.

yah man :cry: its tough. Like he said "we cheered with him, we cried when he cried, and felt devastated just as he did when he threw an int." this is one of the moments where we "cry when he cries."

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not saying "I will never return, this is 100%"

No, he hasn't said those exact words, but the man has said he's done. Look at the man's body language. He's done.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RedSoxExcel said:

No, he hasn't said those exact words, but the man has said he's done. Look at the man's body language. He's done.

Yeah that's his body language right now. Because he thinks he's done. I still think when it gets to August-September. He's going to get thinking. If Aaron Rodgers gets injured in training camp or something, he's coming back IMO.

It's so easy to say "100%, this is a final decision". When the 1st reporter asked "fans are wondering if your going to change your mind". Remember Michael Jordan's famous "I'm 99.99% sure".

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
RedSoxExcel said:

Yeah that's his body language right now. Because he thinks he's done. I still think when it gets to August-September. He's going to get thinking. If Aaron Rodgers gets injured in training camp or something, he's coming back IMO.

It's so easy to say "100%, this is a final decision". When the 1st reporter asked "fans are wondering if your going to change your mind". Remember Michael Jordan's famous "I'm 99.99% sure".

Let me see if I've got this straight.

So, since he hasn't said that he is 100% done, that must mean that he isn't really done...BUT, if he did say he was 100% done, you wouldn't believe him anyway...

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RedSoxExcel said:
nathaniel said:
RedSoxExcel said:

So, since he hasn't said that he is 100% done, that must mean that he isn't really done...BUT, if he did say he was 100% done, you wouldn't believe him anyway...

Man, you need to stop putting arguments in other people's mouth. Read what I said. When did I ever say that I wouldn't believe him if he said I'm 100% done?

Seriously?

Michael Jordan said "I'm 99.99% done". That is what got everyone so worked up, "Why didn't he just say 100%". And low and behold, he came back.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am watching it now on FSN. Just ending so it seems. Just ended walking out with Deanna. He says he dosent want to play anymore. We were sure fortunate to have him. Hes going out with his head and chin held high. This is going to take some time to sink in and it will next fall. :(

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am watching it now on FSN. Just ending so it seems. Just ended walking out with Deanna. He says he dosent want to play anymore. We were sure fortunate to have him. Hes going out with his head and chin held high. This is going to take some time to sink in and it will next fall. :(

Yeah it still is sinking in. I watched the game against the Broncos the other day. The overtime. And it's surreal to think that I won't get to watch him throw one up like that again.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
RedSoxExcel said:
nathaniel said:
RedSoxExcel said:

Man, you need to stop putting arguments in other people's mouth. Read what I said. When did I ever say that I wouldn't believe him if he said I'm 100% done?

Seriously?

Michael Jordan said "I'm 99.99% done". That is what got everyone so worked up, "Why didn't he just say 100%". And low and behold, he came back.

You're reaching for straws. Does he really need to put a percentage on it?

When did I ever say that I wouldn't believe him if he said I'm 100% done?

Well, for one thing, he just had a press conference saying that he's retiring from football, but you still said this...

If Aaron Rodgers gets injured in training camp or something, he's coming back IMO.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's done. Get over it.

No "he'll change his minds"

No "If Rodgers gets hurt he'll come back"

He is done. It's sad, we will miss him. Move on.

Period (.)

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's done. Get over it.

No "he'll change his minds"

No "If Rodgers gets hurt he'll come back"

He is done. It's sad, we will miss him. Move on.

Period (.)

QFMFT.

If he decides to come back, we can all run around waving our arms in the air screaming. I'd rather just say goodbye to him now and assume it's over. He isn't coming back.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RedSoxExcel said:
nathaniel said:
RedSoxExcel said:
nathaniel said:
RedSoxExcel said:

Seriously?

You're reaching for straws. Does he really need to put a percentage on it?

When did I ever say that I wouldn't believe him if he said I'm 100% done?

Well, for one thing, he just had a press conference saying that he's retiring from football, but you still said this...

If Aaron Rodgers gets injured in training camp or something, he's coming back IMO.

Um, no. That's not how an argument works. You still stated that I wouldn't believe him if he said he's done for sure. And you still havn't told me where I said that.

On top of that. It's not about grasping for straws. All I'm saying is it is easy to reply to the first question "your fans are wondering if your change your mind". With a "no, I will not". It is MY opinion and only MY opinion (which everyone is entitled to - JUST like its your opinion that based on the press conference and body language he is done), that he could come back. Did you ever think Michael Jordan would retire after winning 6 championships and come back to play in WASHINGTON. AT the time JOrdan retired, he stated he had nothing to prove, it wasn't worth it anymore, at hte time, people change their minds. Stuff happens. It is all opinion and speculation. It's hard for athletes to hang it up and it seemed to me that Favre during the whole press conference was trying to convince himself it was the right call.

It's opinion. It is my opinion and read Charida on ESPN, that Favre will regret retirement come August-September. If the right circumstances arose, I can see him coming back. Taht's all I said. I never said I wouldn't believe Favre if he had explictly stated "people need to stop speculating, this decision is final". But of course you will take my statements and twist it into something you "think" I'm arguing.

raiderfanrich

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched the Favre press conf over here in the UK. I have so much respect for the man, not just from a football point of view but the whole way he conducts himself. A true class act. The game will not be the same without him.
Even as a Raider fan and being on the end of several great performances from him especially just after Irv had passed away i wish he'd given it another shot but it was obviously not to be.
I hope the Packers (my second team!) can go on and be successful post Brett.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:

He flew in on a Citation 500 and when it was to fly into Hattiesburg to pick him up it was diverted to a nearby airfield (from what I can gather). So my guess is the Brett And Deanna had to drive over to the other airport. When I had checked on the flight this morning, he was descending through 32,000ft and 112 miles south of GB. That would have put him right over Milwaukee!

He was originally scheduled to leave Austin Strobal (GB's airport) at 1pm arriving back in Hattiesburg at 3:28pm. however, he has not left GB yet as of 1:40

detailed enough? LOL :p

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett left at 2:03 and si climbing through 29000ft to a cruising altitude of 40,000ft. He will be just west of Milwaukee around 2:35pm

thanks for everything Brett. Hope retirement is as good as your career!

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The press conference made me sad. It was hard to hear him say it. But I think it helped bring some closure. Heh... he made a good joke. He said he thought he now knew what it was like to have died. By the type of coverage he'd been getting the past few days he said, "I think that's what being dead is like."

I just hope that Favre sticks around, in some capacity. Joe Montana all but disappeared from the public spectrum (as is his right... and I UNDERSTAND if Favre disappears too). It's just... we the fans want him to be around. We want him to still be playing. I want him in the booth on MNF. He's just a FB player and I have lots of important things going on in my life... but I'm only 21 years old. Favre has been pretty much a constant, lasting past even my parents marriage. And now... no more football. Sad. But the memories will always be there. I'll tell my kids someday how I was in the flesh when Brett broke Marino's TD record at the Metrodome.

freethrowdunk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The press conference made me sad. It was hard to hear him say it. But I think it helped bring some closure. Heh... he made a good joke. He said he thought he now knew what it was like to have died. By the type of coverage he'd been getting the past few days he said, "I think that's what being dead is like."

I just hope that Favre sticks around, in some capacity. Joe Montana all but disappeared from the public spectrum (as is his right... and I UNDERSTAND if Favre disappears too). It's just... we the fans want him to be around. We want him to still be playing. I want him in the booth on MNF. He's just a FB player and I have lots of important things going on in my life... but I'm only 21 years old. Favre has been pretty much a constant, lasting past even my parents marriage. And now... no more football. Sad. But the memories will always be there. I'll tell my kids someday how I was in the flesh when Brett broke Marino's TD record at the Metrodome.

wow, couldn't have said it better myself. What's so surreal is that I too was in the metrodome when that record was broken. It just feels like yesterday but for some reason it's all fairytale like :( *sigh* He will be missed. The reason also why this is so hard to soak in, is because of Favre's personality and him being the epitome of a team player. I can count on my left hand the number of professional athletes I have seen in my 19 years that have reflected the style of Favre both on and off the playing field. For me Favre ranks up there tied with MJ and i dont think this will ever change.

Members online

Latest posts