Favre interview

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's right about the Sterling Sharpe scenario - that's for sure!
And, on top of that, it wasn't very long after that and Sterling had that neck injury.
Next thing ya know, he was out of football and into broadcasting....

I'd say Brett should stay this year and then maybe the next - his daughter is about to graduate High School and then go off to College. After that, it's time for him and Deanna to smell the roses for awhile. I'd be upset with him if he didn't do it that way...

You can only push the envelope so far with playing NFL level football (remember the Sharpe injury). Not saying anything bad will happen to Brett, but we're talking about diminishing returns when it comes to ability to keep up with the younger players... eventually someone will get to him during this or that play - and "bam"....

I thnk Brett would actually make a pretty good Quarterbacks Coach - and depending on his desire to stay as a part of the Packers Org - then he would make a great addition to the Coaching Staff. I've heard elsewhere that he'd like to be a High School Football Coach, too! (Just like his Dad) So, who knows....

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
He's right about the Sterling Sharpe scenario - that's for sure!
And, on top of that, it wasn't very long after that and Sterling had that neck injury.
Next thing ya know, he was out of football and into broadcasting....

I'd say Brett should stay this year and then maybe the next - his daughter is about to graduate High School and then go off to College. After that, it's time for him and Deanna to smell the roses for awhile. I'd be upset with him if he didn't do it that way...

You can only push the envelope so far with playing NFL level football (remember the Sharpe injury). Not saying anything bad will happen to Brett, but we're talking about diminishing returns when it comes to ability to keep up with the younger players... eventually someone will get to him during this or that play - and "bam"....

I thnk Brett would actually make a pretty good Quarterbacks Coach - and depending on his desire to stay as a part of the Packers Org - then he would make a great addition to the Coaching Staff. I've heard elsewhere that he'd like to be a High School Football Coach, too! (Just like his Dad) So, who knows....

He can also go to the pro football hall of fame too.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm mixed on Sharpe, I remember some of his catch's (60yd bomb against Detroit, Majik to Sharpe to beat the Bears, The TD that almost wasn't because he didnt see the goal line in the snow etc) but what really sticks to me is how when Sharpe would walk accross the parking lot and other players would be giving autographs and riding our bikes all he did was keep his face forward with helmet in one hand an shoulder pads an cleets in the other saying 'i cant my hands are full' and of course we would LOVE To hold that for him all he would then say is 'cant do that' ... that really irritated me. I know he didnt OWE me or anyone anything, but I felt he could have atleast taken the time ya know? On the flip side though, he probably knew some of those kids would try to turn around and sell his autograph for a nice profit.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then, they weren' really true Packerfans, after all - Now, were they....!
Sharpe was pretty stuck up - that's for sure - I hear both him and Shannon are like that... Anyone see either of them in Sports Broadcasting these days?

I expect Favre to move on and get with the business of Training Camp - if he starts responding to Drew (now) then all that'll do is feed the fire and cause distractions in August... uh uh - not gonna happen - Brett's too smart for that (I hope)....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Then, they weren' really true Packerfans, after all - Now, were they....!
I agree, all I wanted was a good memory with some ink on his rookie card. Didn't matter to me if it was known by anyone else it was his true autograph me knowing it was would have been enough. He was my favorite player ever, then came Barry Sanders who was the opposite, he'd stop doing just about anything to make a fan smile.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does Drew really want to get in a fight w/ the guy throwing the ball to Javon, the guy who could determines who gets the ball, who's stats get padded, who gets on sports center every night, which, in part, is going to influence the size of the contract/offers you'll receive?!? Do you really want to **** THAT guy off?!?

Latest posts