Favorite Packers QB

Who is your favorite Packers QB?

• Total voters

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If more people my age were following this poll, Bart Starr would blow this thing away.
The youngsters who never saw him play and don't know much about him are pushing the Favre/Rodgers vote.

True but this 29 year old clicked Bart's name without hesitation or thought.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love all 3 as most of us do and each of them have their own qualities they bring to the table. With that said I have to go with 12. I loved 4 and I mean loved 4. I am only 36 so I didn't get to watch 15 but love history and Packers history even more so I know a fair amount about him and appreciate all he did and has done for the Pack both on and off the field. However, AR is just next level good and I think the best is yet to come and that's saying something. If nothing else this poll should really make us all appreciate the level of greatness we have been blessed with at the most important position in all of sport (IMO obviously). As cheesy as it may sound this is a pole where none of the answers could be called ignorant and every choice has valid reasons to claim the top spot. Man it feels good to be a Packer...Backer. G P G!

Here's a real question for you. Who would you rank as the 4TH best ever? Aaaaaand go...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually that question is a great one because someone did put "other" as their vote. Whoever put that I'd be curious, was it ****ey or someone else?

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Herber? I found this (below) on him and to be honest never knew much about him...interesting.

1. Arnie Herber (1932-1940)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Adjusted QBER: 18.44

I remember seeing him at the Packer Hall-0f-Fame and not knowing who the hell he was. He was the Packers most effective quarterback ever, that’s who he was. During his short but brilliant career, he was above average in all three major categories, and his incredible 16.1 yards per completion in 1936 still stands as the highest mark ever, and his 33.09 QBER that season not only led the Packers to the World Championship, it is the second highest single season QBER I have found to date (the highest being Sammy Baugh’s ridiculous 1945 season — check out those stats some time). To put it in perspective, Tom Brady’s QBER from his tremendous 2007 season was 21.77. Dan Marino’s legendary rookie season in 1984 was 22.52.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Herber? I found this (below) on him and to be honest never knew much about him...interesting.

1. Arnie Herber (1932-1940)

Adjusted QBER: 18.44

I remember seeing him at the Packer Hall-0f-Fame and not knowing who the hell he was. He was the Packers most effective quarterback ever, that’s who he was. During his short but brilliant career, he was above average in all three major categories, and his incredible 16.1 yards per completion in 1936 still stands as the highest mark ever, and his 33.09 QBER that season not only led the Packers to the World Championship, it is the second highest single season QBER I have found to date (the highest being Sammy Baugh’s ridiculous 1945 season — check out those stats some time). To put it in perspective, Tom Brady’s QBER from his tremendous 2007 season was 21.77. Dan Marino’s legendary rookie season in 1984 was 22.52.

Forgot about Herber...I still say ****ey was better but Herber should get argument for 4th best GB QB.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually that question is a great one because someone did put "other" as their vote. Whoever put that I'd be curious, was it ****ey or someone else?
I left that as maybe someone had a personal connection to a qb or a favorite memory. Hey maybe the rumors are true and majik is a member on here.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I went with ****ey. For those just too young to have seen the vintage Starr, he was the first good QB during the lean years. If he'd had a defense to go with his offense, it wouldn't have been soooooo loooong between playoff runs.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unquestionably, Bart Starr!

I like all three, but Bart's my favorite too. Class guy all the way, and five world championships in a seven year span is hard to beat.

Oh, and he never wore purple, a big plus in my book. Purple is butt-ugly.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If more people my age were following this poll, Bart Starr would blow this thing away.
The youngsters who never saw him play and don't know much about him are pushing the Favre/Rodgers vote.

Most people your age are still wondering why candy bars aren't still a nickle and marveling at how it was possible to have walked to school through three feet of snow uphill, both ways. Oops, if you are a yooper that would be 5 feet of snow :D:D:D:D:D

Like I said I never saw Bart play a down so I really can't consider him my favorite QB. Call him the greatest and I would not argue but I just can't consider him my favorite. Now I would consider him one of my favorite Packers just because of what he has done after his playing days up until today what he says and does for the Packers organization and because I think he is one of the most respected men in sports (deservedly so) but again, not having seen him play I just can't call him my favorite QB. I do agree though that younger fans are definitely pushing the Rodgers vote (Starr is way ahead of Favre though when you posted he may not have been.)

Still Favorite is so subjective, much more so that greatest. I couldn't argue if someone would call TJ Rubly their favorite though I might suspect some sort of closet viking thing going on.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the thread is favorite Quarterback and not best. With that in mind i was going to post ****ey yesterday. He played when I was in high school and college. After years of watching the Packers as a youngster - run the ball on first and second down and sometimes on 3rd and 5, it was refreshing to see ****ey slinging it all over the field. Prior to ****ey behind center it was three and out on many possesions. He made the Packers offense exciting to watch again. Although I don't think they did much better than 8-8 during his best years, I had the felling when I sat down to watch them on Sundays that they could beat anyone. ****ey, Lofton, Coffman, and the under-used Jefferson -an exciting time in Packers history.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was too young during Bart Starr's career; to remember his play on the field, but countless oldie films have given me a feel for his play. In an era when players didn't train year round and when it was OK to beat the hell out of the QB, his consistency and record in big games was sterling!

The man that he is off of the field is even more impressive than his play on the field. As an embassador for the GB Packer organization, he is most generous and accommodating. We are truly blessed to have such impeccable representative for our team.

Favre was given 10X the athletic ability of Starr but his off the field record in regards to the Packer organization is spotty at best. He may grow into a role off of the field too and if this becomes equivalent to that of Starr, then we can talk!

I'm waiting to see the man that Rodgers will become off of the field too. I sometimes think that he will surpass Favre both on the field and off of the field but only time will tell!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of my favorite actors as well. Loved his character Bubba on "In the Heat of the Night"

Alan Autry, aka Carlos Brown, aka Bubba Skinner. I hear he does country music now.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bart, on and off the field. Coping with the death of a son and then working hard so other sons are not lost. Hands down my favorite. Favre was splashy, Rodgers meticulous. But Bart Starr is the whole man.

Members online

Latest posts