Favorite Packers QB

Who is your favorite Packers QB?

• Total voters

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw this on another site and the results surprised me, so lets see what happens here...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favorite has so many different meanings. Starr was the best hands down, for many reasons but his trump card was winning big games. It looks like I was the first to select Favre, but it's because of what he did to make being a Packers fan enjoyable again. Majkowski started to do it in '89 with the Comeback/Cardiac Pack. Favre made it fun to watch games again

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought I would have said anyone but Favre when he was here, I absolutely worshiped the guy. I'm over everything that happened during his departure but AR will go down as my favorite Packer, not just QB, of all time. Woodson being a close, very close, 2nd.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to be consistent. Since (I feel that) winning the last game of the year is all that counts, it's Bart.

D

Deleted member 6794

I haven´t been able to watch the Packers live regularly before 2008 so while I appreciate what Bart Starr has done for the franchise I have to vote for Rodgers in this poll.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I would love to say Bart Starr I usually feel obligated for some reason to stick with players I have actually seen play. That starts the list of potential favorites with Lynn ****ey for me and I am was tempted to choose him but I would have to say Favre. In fact I am a bigger Favre fan now than I was when he was here. I do think Rodgers is a better QB but that doesn't make him my favorite.

Sky King

Reaction score
Favorite has so many different meanings. Starr was the best hands down, for many reasons but his trump card was winning big games. It looks like I was the first to select Favre, but it's because of what he did to make being a Packers fan enjoyable again. Majkowski started to do it in '89 with the Comeback/Cardiac Pack. Favre made it fun to watch games again
Some of us fans who are old enough can say the same thing about Starr as well as Favre.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starr was great no doubt, and a fine gentleman, but I was 11 when he won his last Super Bowl and too young to TRULY appreciate him. Favre was an integral part of the resurrection of the franchise. Without him Green Bay would probably be a bottom tier franchise today, fun to watch, great competitor, a real football player which is rare in a QB. When the media infatuation began with "will this maybe be his last season" my dad just laughed and said "they'll have to carry that guy out on his shield", he was right....Godda be Favre!!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without him Green Bay would probably be a bottom tier franchise today, fun to watch, great competitor, a real football player which is rare in a QB.

Any packer fan worth his weight in cheese knows that's not true. If it wasn't for the packers, Brett Favre would be a forgotten qb. Ron wolf earned his HOF jacket when he resurrected the packers franchise.

Last edited:

4foxes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought I would have said anyone but Favre when he was here, I absolutely worshiped the guy. I'm over everything that happened during his departure but AR will go down as my favorite Packer, not just QB, of all time. Woodson being a close, very close, 2nd.
Rodgers is my pick. He's so calm in the pocket and his accuracy in the passing game is impressive. Favre did make the game exciting to watch though.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers efficiency is only rivaled by Peyton Manning IMO. And Rodgers TD/int ratio gives him the nod over Manning again IMO, as best QB ever. He wont end that way statisticly, with 3 years lost behind Favre, and a complete rebuild to start his career. But his ability to protect the ball, and still produce big numbers.... Priceless.

Agree that after Favre's 3 MVP, he was infallable. He took GB and the NFL world wide... He finished with some AMAZING numbers too. Too bad McCarthy didnt get here sooner to break the interception trend.... He also violated himself with his mouth(and phone) Screwed some good things up. The ego is a funny thing.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
while I think Rodgers is the better QB I get the argument (even though I disagree with it) that Favre was more fun to watch

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If more people my age were following this poll, Bart Starr would blow this thing away.
The youngsters who never saw him play and don't know much about him are pushing the Favre/Rodgers vote.

Sky King

Reaction score
If more people my age were following this poll, Bart Starr would blow this thing away.
The youngsters who never saw him play and don't know much about him are pushing the Favre/Rodgers vote.
He was the most sure thing QB in the clutch I ever had the pleasure to watch. We've been blessed as fans of this franchise to have had such outstanding QBs for most of the past 50 years.

Members online

Latest posts